Low hfe transistor

Started by jmusser, August 18, 2005, 03:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eirik

Thanks Stevo!
I've allways thought that using junk germs as diodes was a waste of mojo :) Even though some boutiquers seem to think that using trannies as diodes adds more mojo then a germ diode would do :wink:
Eirik

petemoore

I've got some really low HFe si's and a Ge too.
 ranging under 50hfe, none lower than 20.
 Darlingtonize then Piggyback...lol.
 Even though that's the way long way around the map to get proper gain, if it's all you had or had to do there might be some interesting twist in that, since there would be more diodes, [whether the 'other diodes in a darlington ever see enough voltage to do anything is another subject]
 I'll probably Darlintransistorize someof them and see what the X factor is on the gain, try them out and see what kind of noise thay can make.
 Fill in the blanks...
 Since they are low gain they have better ________ ____ characteristics, therefore would make good applicants for use in a ____ type of circuit. Ii don't know I'm askin'.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Stevo

The circuit I explained there in a couple a types is a good booster type circuit with that germanium sound to it!  I never tried more than one set I always breadboarded them and than put them together.. I sold them at a music store as a descrete germanium booster circuit..I did some tricks like used a 10k pot as an adjustable feel to the gain to the collectors and used a very small like 330 ohms in series so the pot would never go to no sound at all and than had the volume pot at the end of course....people enjoyed the sound :D PNP seemed to work the best :?
practice cause time does not stop...