Started by SonicVI, August 18, 2005, 11:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Kind of makes you want to ask "What's under the hood?"  :lol:

MartyMart

That's just GREAT !!!  :lol:
I love crazy enclosures !!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Joe Hart

Very cool. I have an old pea green marine radio that is just screaming to become something. Maybe an tube amp head?

Does anyone know any downside to using a metal enclosure for a 40W head?
-Joe Hart

Paul Marossy

Well, that's certainly one of a kind.  :wink:

Heavner

Not exactly original... I've been doing it for 2 years now.... Hence the name Big Block Effects!!!

The older I get... the better I was.

MartyMart

Quote from: HeavnerNot exactly original... I've been doing it for 2 years now.... Hence the name Big Block Effects!!!

WHERE do you get those cars ? They are fantastic " ME ME ME "  :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

dpresley58

Way groovy...

(Now, if we could just rig some beat-activated hydraulics on the front end suspension....)

:shock:
Little time to do it right. Always time to do it over.

SonicVI

I would love to have a Mini Cooper Booster!

Pete-Galati

I like the switch location on Heavner's pedal.

I have a diecast Corvette somewhere, but it's a ragtop, so it'd be a bad choice.

Pete

vanhansen

That is really cool.  

I have so many die-cast cars (1:24 scale, 1:18 scale) that I could make a whole pedalboard look like a car lot.  :D  I wouldn't dare do that though.  Many of them aren't available now and a few I had to hunt down for a while.
Erik

8 track

Pete-Galati

Come to think of it though, what's the best way to lock up the wheels of a diecast car so that it won't roll off the pedal board?

The last thing you're going to want is to step on your pedal and have it turn into a roller skate!  Not that it wouldn't be funny.

But how about building a wah pedal into a diecast car, and having the wheels rotate the pot?

Pete

formerMember1

that is unique!!

You could install LEDs in the headlights. :wink:

And you could install a theremin, as the radio antenna. :wink:

COOL... 8)

formerMember1

oh sorry, you already have headlight indicators :oops:

Michael Allen

Now if only you could fashion the switch to look like a big Blower,

achtung jackass

i got a cool idea for one of these.

a vw bus, or another van. with the ruby amp in the back. and when you open the door the speaker is there. that would be so cool.
i'm gonna make me one.

Brian :P

Heavner

I've been using cars since I first started making pedals... combining my two true loves... rock and muscle cars.  My entire pedal board is made up of cars with the exception of my wah which is painted with House of Kolors Candy Apple Red with a brushed aluminum rocker.  I'll post a pic if I can get one.  It's funny that the other one is on Ebay though, cause I was just getting ready to release them.... go figure.

As far as my switch placement... I would have preferred it on the trunk, so the headlights would point towards the crowd, but it just looks more natural on the hood.  I install my jacks through the back bumper (which is the hardest part) so it looks like long tailpipes sticking out when you plug your cables in.  I only use "set and forget" circuits in the cars so I don't have to use knobs on the outside.  I put trimpots that are adjustable on the bottom of the cars.  My hood, doors and trunk still open so it's easy access to everything.  The status LED on the Charger in the pic above is in the cab so when it's on, it looks like the interior light is on.  Most others are in the headlights or tailights depending on the vehicle.  The reason I hadn't posted a pic sooner is I'm trying to find out what kind of protection I can get for the idea.  So far, copywriting the layout (which is done as well as trademarking Big Block Effects) is the only thing that will partially cover it (trade dress)... but it would only cover using the same cars.  My whole business is based around the car theme and this was the "BIG" idea.  I guess I'll just realease mine and pay no attention to the copies.   :D
The older I get... the better I was.