So I open it up...

Started by jimbob, August 19, 2005, 11:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

For 39.00$ I bought a YGM308 DOD. I thought -"who cares- only 39.00$ So i opened it up- simple describes 1 word. Not a lot of parts in there. Some resistors, rc4558p, few greenies.
Its not a bad sounding pedal; esp for the money..although I like the one I built from GGG site a little better. This is a very bright pedal.

I hate that it takes a special plus for 9v though. Is there any reason I cant just directly replace that w a barrell style jack- other than cosmetically..? polarity issues ect..?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

nelson

aslong as you make sure that the right charge is going to the right wire, there isnt a problem in changing the DC input socket, people do it on EH pedals all the time and they use the same 1/8" jacks for power.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Stevo

I have an extra 1/8 adapter and was wondering if this is a pos tip or neg tip...I will check my adapter with dvom and see what is pos and neg ....I need to know what this pedal takes...I bought this too not as much gain as my homemade screamer but not to much noise like it said it had? It kind of screams on the higher strings because of the higher input cap It squells with harmonics because it has little capc. :D
practice cause time does not stop...