News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched box 2

Started by soggybag, August 20, 2005, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

Here's a new box that I made yesterday. For best results I found that the surface of the box should be smooth as possible. This way the PNP covers well without any gaps.

I put some notes about the process up on my web site.

MartyB

radio

Waou

These are beautiful!

I have to try this too, should be possible with the help of your tutorial :D

Kind regards JMErnzer
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

ninoman123

Picture isnt showing.

Fret Wire

Excellent! A++ 8)  8)  8)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Peter Snowberg

WOW! :shock:

I just bought some PnP blue to try my hand at etching! Thanks for the inspiration!
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

soggybag

I took etching in college, I went to art school. The PNP works very well. It holds good detail and fine lines. The weak point is the transfer material is not evenly distributed. You can lines in the PNP when its new. Some of the thin areas of the transfer  tend to get eaten through the by the acid if left in too long.

When etching PCBs I heat the acid. I found this is too harsh when etching art.  I seem to get better detail with room temperature acid etching a longer time. In other words milder etch for longer time preserves detail.

jimbob

Awsome! I have to try this..Very Nice!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Nikolay

dude, it's so beautyfull ;)

zeta55

That is just beutiful.
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

samuelk

can you take a macroshot of the box??

gez

Outstanding, it looks like a professionally etched job!!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Fret Wire

It almost seems a shame to drill it for the pots and switch. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Thomas P.

hats off to you, sir!
That's true beauty...
god said...
∇ ⋅ D = ρ
∇ x E = - ∂B/∂t
∇ ⋅ B = 0
∇ x H = ∂D/∂t + j
...and then there was light

Pedal love

Its incredible, I did one today and it came out with great contrast, brilliant. Then I promptly must have swollowed some of the etchant , because I had trouble swallowing a few minutes after I got some on my hands. Not to worry, these things only happen to me. :shock:

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Pedal loveI promptly must have swollowed some of the etchant , because I had trouble swallowing a few minutes after I got some on my hands.

Difficulty in swallowing is a common symptom of allergic reaction. It is possible that you reacted to fumes or dust or droplets from the etchant bubbles breaking.

Pedal love

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)
Quote from: Pedal loveI promptly must have swollowed some of the etchant , because I had trouble swallowing a few minutes after I got some on my hands.

Difficulty in swallowing is a common symptom of allergic reaction. It is possible that you reacted to fumes or dust or droplets from the etchant bubbles breaking.
A brilliant medical analysis Dr. Perry, with the exception that the culprit was peanut dust from unshelled goobers, I choked down 20 minutes before I was dealing with etchant. I got the confirmation from a friend of mine and doctor, I had phoned. I guess peanut allergies are not uncommon, so at least I am not alone in this disease. :oops: