Hot Harmonics boxed up

Started by MartyB, August 20, 2005, 07:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

ninoman123

LOL. Amazing. Love the graphics. Are those tabasco caps for knobs? Beautiful job and very creative.

soggybag

Love those knobs. How did you get them to stick to the pot shaft?

MartyB

Thanks!  Took awhile to use that much chipotle pepper sauce (great for grilling chicken breasts btw).  The knobs have two allen screws each and fit fairly snugly in the tabasco caps with a dab of hot glue.  I could pry them off with some difficulty, and they might not stand up to touring, but hey, I don't plan to give up the day job.  :D

petemoore

Liquid spices !!!
 Gotta love it !!!
 nice Craftsmanship !!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Mark Hammer

It's poetic, actually.

Very nice work.  Gets one to thinking about alternate sources for, or approaches to, thematically-decorative control knobs.  Hmm....my drill-press hole-cutter, a piece of wood, and plastic pop-bottle caps.  Plus, the pop-bottle caps are flat and wide enough to stick decals on.........

Of course, now I know the real reason why some schematics are hard to get hold of.  Could you imagine the sort of knob experiments on the Worm or the Woolly Mammoth or the Swollen Pickle?  Yeesh!!  And you thought the Danelectro wahs, Snarling Dogs pedals, and the Woman Tone pedal were kind of creepy?  :lol:  :lol:

aron

Fantastic!

The pedals sound hot too!  :D

Paul Marossy

Doug_H

Looks fantastic, Marty. :D

Doug

Mark Hammer

Haven't gone the distance and installed any, but some experimentation yesterday revealed that 2-litre pop-bottle caps WILL fit over a piece of 1" doweling with a little shove.  Also feasible are 1"plastic-cup type chair-leg ends (those things you slip over the end of metal tube furniture to prevent scratching).  Though one obviously can't apply heat to a flimsy plastic bottle cap, one CAN affix decal material.  

So, imagine having a small pile of knobs that actually *say* "Volume" on them.  Not only does that mean you cansimply take a powder-coat or painted chassis, plunk knobs on and you're "done", but it also means you can retouch the chassis when it gets scuffed and chipped, without having to necessarily do all the legending all over again.

Doug_H

I love the idea of labeled knobs, Mark. Seems like I always screw up a pretty box with labels. :D

Doug

BDuguay

That pedal looks HOT 8)
If this keeps up, I'm really going to have to get my act together and get working on this stuff. Life gets in the way of living sometimes, you know what I mean?
B.

MartyB

Yeah, life gets in the way.  My oldest just started college today. :shock:  Mark, I've been collecting guiness bottlecaps for kinda the same purpose, but I've yet to build my "black and tan".  The cool thing about this pedal is that it sounds great with 1. my little tube amps, 2. single coils and 3. humbuckers.  It's necK-and-neck with my BSIABII and Bronto Jr. in 'cool tone factor' and a worthy build IMHO.  All are different as kids ya know.  I distinctly prefer it to my Red Llama CMOS.  

8)