Uses for a momentary SPDT switch in pedal?

Started by SonicVI, August 22, 2005, 05:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicVI

Anyone know of any uses for a momentary SPDT switch in a pedal?  I found this great switch at an electronics surplus store that I really want to put in a pedal just for the appearance but can't think of any good uses off the top of my head.  Maybe to switch something in or out of a modulation pedal?

Hal

use it with a flip flop for anything you want...

gez

Use it for bypass or whatever you want...

Edit.  Hal, you pipped me to the post!!   :evil:  :D
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

TheBigMan

Stutter box.
Tap Tempo Switch for a digital delay.
In parallel with a standard bypass switch for bursts of effect.

Processaurus

how about a modulation pedal like a phaser or flanger that for super slow, beat synchronized sweeps you hit a momentary button to sweep up, and then again to change directions and sweep down.  If you don't tap it it would stay at the bottom (or top).  Too much tapping?

There was a thread a while ago where someone wanted to use a momentary switch to make their delay repeats overload. Way dub.

For more traditional uses, check out

http://www.geocities.com/thetonegod/switches/switches.html

Stevo

This means you need to hold it down to be in one position and it always returms to the other right momentary :shock: ???  Use it in a distortion pedal hooked to a 2N5089 preamp set-up and as you hold down the switch the preamp is engaged in series with your distortion part to give you extreme drive into feedback and release it before it is to noisey!!
practice cause time does not stop...

Transmogrifox

Quote from: StevoThis means you need to hold it down to be in one position and it always returms to the other right momentary :shock: ???  Use it in a distortion pedal hooked to a 2N5089 preamp set-up and as you hold down the switch the preamp is engaged in series with your distortion part to give you extreme drive into feedback and release it before it is to noisey!!

I like that idea.  That deserves 5 different smileys:   :wink:  8)  :)  :P  :D

Here's a schem that I came up with for latching momentary normally closed switches.  I bought 25 Carling N/C momentary switches from eBay for $14--great deal--but I had to come up with a simple way to use them and this came to me at 1:00AM like every other hair-brained idea I have:

In case the img display doesn't work, here's the URL:
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/23321393027.jpg&s=x2

See if you can use that to do something.  Just use the normally closed contact of the switch.  

You could actually use this to simultaneously deactivate one effect and activate another using the N/O contact to trigger something else
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.