Why is it that...?

Started by SonicVI, August 22, 2005, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicVI

The time it takes the signal to stop spraying to get from your brain to your hand is just slightly longer than it takes the paint can to decide it wants to splatter for you?  It never fails, the very second I decide to stop spraying a splatter shoots out and screws it up.

sir_modulus

maybe it's because as you release your finger, the paint keeps coming, but the flow of aerosol is being cut off, so the paint just splats onto the thing you're painting?

Cheers,

Nish

P.S. I always spray in overlapping coats, and make sure as I stop, I'm not spraying the box ie. I just finished the last past and am spraying off to one side of the box.

vortex

SPRAYBOMBS SUCK!!!

I hate those things :evil:

I am an experienced airbrush/ spraypainter and have had several jobs ruined with a "quick" spraybomb clearcoat.

Hours down the drain.

If the job isn't critical, I'll happily use a spraycan, but when the coat counts...almost anything is better.

petemoore

Daft !!! I knwo whatcha mean, haven't sprayed in a while, it's easy to forget to get the stuff coming out 'right' then apply it to the box, continue until your'e done applying, not spraying the box, but the newspaper as you cutoff.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

vortex

Re: Spraybombs

It's not the fact that one has to overspray past the target, it's just that the spraybombs have a nasty habit of spitting out blobs intermittently. Bad design IMHO.

aaronkessman

man, funk dat!

sorry, had to ;-)