OCD solved ..... NOT !!!

Started by Melanhead, August 23, 2005, 01:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

MjS

They must be very convinced of their own work...if you blow up one part they will have to replace the entire board...

Melanhead

Quote from: MjSThey must be very convinced of their own work...if you blow up one part they will have to replace the entire board...

and pretty hard to copy too ... :)

jimbob

How funny- goop all over it! That would just about annoy me to take it off and trace it.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: MjSThey must be very convinced of their own work...if you blow up one part they will have to replace the entire board...

There's not a bad chance they have them manufactured for a fairly cheap price-maybe $30-50.  That's the risk they take.

-Colin

Eirik

Rumor says it's a Rat circuit, using mosfets for clipping. Could make sense, and of course there would be a germ for the output buffer :wink:  (just a wild guess) 8)
Eirik

R.G.

QuoteHow funny- goop all over it! That would just about annoy me to take it off and trace it.
I did warn Mike about that effect a few years back. I guess he didn't listen.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

pi22seven

Finally, the secret of the OCD is revealed!

I'm putting "Golden Power" batteries in all of my boxes!

saultime

I owned this pedal for a while and sold it. It's not all that.

And they need to be more careful with that JB Weld looking crap. The two halves of my OCD were glued together.

While the build quailty is usually top-notch, I'm done with Fulltone. It would be different if Fuller wasn't a total assbag who lets on like invented all of his "designs", nay, electricity all by himself.

Bernardduur

Quote from: pi22sevenFinally, the secret of the OCD is revealed!

I'm putting "Golden Power" batteries in all of my boxes!

LOL
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

casey

just to let you know, mike fuller did make a sincere apology to orman about the boost....  so, leave the guy alone...let bygones be bygones.

forgiveness is the best route - as kravitz would say (and no im not a fan), - "LET LOVE RULE!"  :!:
Casey Campbell

Satch12879

Quote from: caseyjust to let you know, mike fuller did make a sincere apology to orman about the boost....  so, leave the guy alone...let bygones be bygones.

forgiveness is the best route - as kravitz would say (and no im not a fan), - "LET LOVE RULE!"  :!:

Really? I'd love to see/hear that...
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

The Tone God

Quote from: Satch12879
Quote from: casey...as kravitz would say (and no im not a fan), - "LET LOVE RULE!"  :!:

Hug :?: :)

Andrew

JimRayden

Yea, I've seen this on a few handbuilt pedals. Well, it prevents you from modding and tracing it. Lol, it doesn't make any sense, because if you were smart enough to to mod or build a pedal, you wouldn't be buying this expensive pedal in the first place. :P

----------
Jimbo

wampcat1

Quote from: JimRaydenYea, I've seen this on a few handbuilt pedals. Well, it prevents you from modding and tracing it. Lol, it doesn't make any sense, because if you were smart enough to to mod or build a pedal, you wouldn't be buying this expensive pedal in the first place. :P

----------
Jimbo[/quote

I think the intention is to not let others copy the pedal and resell it rather than a diy'er figuring out that is is a tweaked rat. :)

Take care,
Brian

casey

Quote from: Satch12879
Quote from: caseyjust to let you know, mike fuller did make a sincere apology to orman about the boost....  so, leave the guy alone...let bygones be bygones.

well, here ya go:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=33377&start=0
Casey Campbell

spudulike

mojotron

I think what a lot of people miss on the Fulltone stuff is the construction and mechanical design. To me, there are a lot of great sounding circuits out there - I've made some cascaded FET Frankenstein things that I absolutely love, but putting the whole thing together in a really rugged package is a major challenge that noone really talks about too much here...

The mechanical design I see in these pictures is pretty simple - but very well thought out. However, I cringe when I see someone using those plastic jacks - I think they are going to regret that in about 2 years when everyone sends their OCD back asking for new jacks.

The Tone God

Quote from: mojotronHowever, I cringe when I see someone using those plastic jacks - I think they are going to regret that in about 2 years when everyone sends their OCD back asking for new jacks.

Those switchcraft jacks ? I consider those far more reliable then the waffer body open frame jacks most people use.

As for the the whole "don't buy Fulltone because Mike is an ass" thing, if that is your standard for buying effects then thats ok. I personally perfer to go by the quality of the gear but thats just me.

Personally I don't see anything special in this thread except maybe its abilty to start another flame war. Move along folks. Nothing to see here.

Andrew

gez

Wow, there must be a lot of pigeons in his workshop!!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter