SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceace76

Quote from: Johnny Halo on October 19, 2009, 11:13:26 AM
Finally finished up the ROG Tube Reamer -

Paint is from Lowe's - Martha Stewarts "Celadon Pottery" sample can from the kitchen redo this spring. Labeling is window sticker clear coated 7-8 times. Font is from Font Diner "kocktail Shaker".  I pin striped the enclosure before painting and then just peeled it off to create the silver stripes. And it goes with the Tele!

The op amp and diodes are socketed. Right now, there is a TL082 in place. I have tried the TI4558 and it sounds great as well. The toggle is to switch between LEDs and a 4148 paired with a 4001 silicon. As soon as I installed the toggle, I thought "why didn't I put 2 on-off-on toggles in and switch between 4 sets of clippers?!" Talk about a "D'OH" moment. Well, maybe that will give me something to do when the snow starts flying.

A big thanks to Brian from ROG and SpaceAce76 for their help in debugging.
no problem Johnny Halo, The pedal turned out great! Seriously awesome paint job.

Magnus

Hello together,
nice builds again, seems like its cold outside  ;)

QuoteThat's a pretty nice building, Magnus. I like how you wired the trimmers. It's not necessary to use the 3 wires though, you can do it just with the two that comes from different pads.
Excellent wiring!
Thank you  :icon_redface:

Here's my next one called "Screamin' Face", my own variant of the "Fuzz Face"
with an additional Bass-Control and 2 Mosfet's - resulting in heavy fuzz-tones!

Matching transistors:

Greetings from Germany
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

bobp1339

"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

solderman

This is the "That's Swell" DOD FX 15 Clone with the "conductive pick" set up.
For more info, projectfiles and  and sound samples
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.msg658777#msg658777

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

sean k

Heres an amp I built which is basically a Ruby with the addition of a Piezo preamp. I picked up a 12VAC adapter for 5 bucks and decided to run it on that so it's got a Bridge rect and a 7812 feeding the Ruby then I series up a 7809 for the piezo amp and also added a 9VDC out. After I built it I realsied I could also have it run off a 12V sealed lead acid battery so I'll go back in and add that as well.

It's not really for me but for a few friends who play things that need to be piezo'd up and may use effects so  the piezo has an out and the ruby has an in. if nothing plugged into these then they are direct connected. I don't know how I'll do it but another option would be that if something is plugged into the ruby then a mix control would allow the piezo amp and ruby input to be mixed.

Controls left to right; piezo in, piezo out, ruby in, gain, volume.

9VDC out left, 12VAC in right. The speakers are 8ohm 10watt mid range connected in series for 16 ohms and theres more than enough room in the box to change the ruby into a voltage amp and add another amp of higher watts and a power supply to match so, at the flick of a switch, you could busk or party in the great outdoors through the Ruby or plug it into the wall and go to about 10 - 15W using a TDA something and a 15V 2A supply.

I just love cheap packing crate plywood and old brass screws.

And really simply ways to protect speakers.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

kabi

my 3rd build finished, at last  ;)

Lonely Star, the adaptation of the Mesa Boogie Lone Star amp:

A million thanks to Mr. Auke Haarsma for creating and sharing this excellent project, as well as helping me through the process. More people should try this pedal, it sounds great. Here is the respective thread by the way:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=76873.0\

I'll try to record some samples and post a build report as soon as possible

peps1

Ampeg SCP-OD Scrambler Clone Pedal

This was a bit of a nightmare build, due to it only being my 3rd and most advance build to-date, but at least i know how to use a Audio probe now!

Glad I got it finished by Halloween, as this truly is a mythical beast of a Pedal guaranteed to scare Trick-or-Treaters from your door. 

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

space_ryerson

Quote from: solderman on October 20, 2009, 05:08:51 PM
This is the "That's Swell" DOD FX 15 Clone with the "conductive pick" set up.
For more info, projectfiles and  and sound samples
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.msg658777#msg658777

That's pretty interesting! I'd almost want to install it directly into a guitar.

JKowalski

Quote from: sean k on October 20, 2009, 05:31:17 PM

That is real, real neat. I like these interesting, kind of junk-y styled homemade enclosures so much better than your standard square black grill-clothed boxes you typically find amps in. They have so much more character! It's sort of like old cars, even really junky ones. They used to make em so unique and artistic, and nowadays every new car comes out looking exactly the same as every other one. It makes no sense to me

And I don't mean to call it a piece of junk, just trying to loosely describe the style  :icon_lol:

Great work!!!

Especially like the speakers.

Loving your etchings, Peps1.

chi_boy

Quote from: JKowalski on October 21, 2009, 01:41:49 AM

And I don't mean to call it a piece of junk, just trying to loosely describe the style  :icon_lol:

Great work!!!

Especially like the speakers.

It's kind of like a shabby chic sort of thing.  Hard to get right, just like relics
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Mugshot

here's one i built some weeks ago,

a heavily modified Fuzz face with Body and Pregain controls.
i am what i am, so are you.

pazuzu

Quote from: Mugshot on October 21, 2009, 10:12:07 PM
here's one i built some weeks ago,

a heavily modified Fuzz face with Body and Pregain controls.

that's awesomne, and i'm drunk.

you have inspired me to do a final fantasy 9 pedal.

rustypinto

The Time Stomp!

About to be released in a few weeks!

• SUPPORTER

sean k

Thanks for the replies and goodwill chaps!

I love the junk aesthetic, not simply because it's a kind of nostalgia lived in thing to evoke simpler times, but because I really dig the textures of materials and stuff that has been around for a while, scabs and warts, but also the kind of woods and plys that are chucked together from the waste or bits of timber that are too grainy or knotty for nice clear clean modern life.

I think it started years ago when I thought everything needed to be polished to the nth degree and found myself disliking the process for all the dust and dirt it creates... and being a basically lazy man I suppose I looked for excuses to bypass the scrubbed up and polished way of being accepted. Now I really kind of get off on making people have to dig under the rough edges to fine the detailing thats there if you care to look.

On those little tabs that hold in the speakers and also hold on the grills I actually hammered them flat on the top of a concrete block and then used the side that had the blemishes created by impacting against concrete.

And I know the top looks plain and kind needs a good graphic but low and behold the alloy is so thin, .9mm I think, that it rattles like a banshee on beetroot wine... so I'm gonna find a choice bit of timber to glue on the top to add mass and stiffen it up.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

fuzzo

Quote from: rustypinto on October 21, 2009, 11:11:18 PM
The Time Stomp!

really cool, that remind me a specific artistic movement but I don't find the name any more.

The French connection

Quote from: fuzzo on October 22, 2009, 08:53:13 AM
Quote from: rustypinto on October 21, 2009, 11:11:18 PM
The Time Stomp!

really cool, that remind me a specific artistic movement but I don't find the name any more.

Russian futurism? Maybe Dadaism or Art deco?

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

ppatchmods

any chance of a gut shot on the delay?  ;D
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

rustypinto

All these pics are on my myspace too, including the rev A (through hole) version of this, as opposed to the above, which i am using for production.
  • SUPPORTER

frank_p

Quote from: rustypinto on October 22, 2009, 11:54:30 AM

All these pics are on my myspace too, including the rev A (through hole) version of this, as opposed to the above, which i am using for production.

Ouch...