Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus

Hello,

QuoteMagnus, Very very nice!
Thank you  :)

QuoteWhat kind of wire is that (not the cloth)? And where do you get it?
This is normal silver-wire with 0,14mm², I buy it at the german pedal-store called "Musikding"...

QuoteHey Magnus - we seem to be on the same wavelength with our Rangemasters, here is mine from a while ago
Yes, looks something alike - good job  ;)

You really build it on tag-board - that's cool!
What transistor do you use?

MfG
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

imbuedblue

Quote from: Magnus on May 05, 2010, 04:19:27 AM
@imbuedblue: The "OLD DIRTY BASTARD" is really awesome!
Quote from: glops on May 05, 2010, 05:37:03 AM
Old Dirty Bastard - Genius.
Thanks!

Quote from: glops on May 05, 2010, 05:37:03 AM
And I really dislike those white nylon washers-
Yeah, I don't like those white washers either. I keep meaning to stock up on either some proper washers or those knurled face nuts that the Carling switches come with but I never seem to get around to it.

Taylor

Quote from: glops on May 05, 2010, 05:37:03 AMOff topic, but do you ever go to Mimi's?

I haven't. I'm unfortunately not too connected to the local music scene these days. I need to get out more.  :)

tuckster

OMG it's an ass shaved llama!!!!!!!

Barber LTD & Way huge Llama

Thank you David for sharing the LTD!
Thank you Andrew for the Llama layout and thank you brian for the (tighter) version :D
  • SUPPORTER

Taylor

Ha! What a clever graphic. You guys are so dang creative.

What kinds of jacks are those?

tuckster

Quote from: Taylor on May 05, 2010, 05:03:16 PM
Ha! What a clever graphic. You guys are so dang creative.

What kinds of jacks are those?
:D
http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p981_6-3mm-Mono-jack-isolated-with-switch.html
http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p189_6-3mm-Stereo-jack-isolated.html

I ordered the wrong jacks. Actually i wanted to order open Switchcraft jacks.
  • SUPPORTER

jkokura

That one is super great! I love it! How does it sound?

Jacob

tuckster

In my opinion it sounds good :D The Llama is very rough compared to the LTD but that's obvious because the LTD is just a low gain drive. That doesn't mean that it can't be dirty but the Llama is much more of a bad ass than the LTD. I have yet to _play_ with it. I only checked if everything is working the right way. The trim pots have to be adjusted. Does anyone know the factory settings for the trim pots?
  • SUPPORTER

ralley

Quote from: Magnus on May 05, 2010, 08:58:38 AM
You really build it on tag-board - that's cool!
What transistor do you use?

I was just to lazy to use vero or etch a PCB!  Figured tag was good for a build this simple.  Transistor is a Matsushita 2sb172 I bought of "Any", a user here.

Rob.
Sender lawyers, guns and money
The sh*t has hit the fan.
   - Warren Zevon

salocin

Slimeball amp footswitch for a young cousin:

g.

Germanium FuzzFace (sft353) made with parts from an old organ.

Magnus

Hello,

@salocin:
Nice footswitch - good lookin' swirl  ;)

@g.:
Wow, great looking pedal and awesome Mojo-guts!  :)

Here's the pcb i made today, it is for a "Murder One" Subminiature-Tube-Amp,
the latest-version-layout from frequencycentral, not a pedal but I think its ok to post it here:

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

JizZ

pretty awesome pcb! :)

Steve Mavronis

I was going to ask why you don't use angled (45 degree) corners in your trace patterns, since it's supposed to be better for the circuit flow. I see now that you are using other people's patterns like the frequency central "Murder One" PCB above. But I remember your own DOD 250 clone PCB layout has 90 degree corners too.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

philbinator1

Quote from: salocin on May 06, 2010, 10:21:51 PM
Slimeball amp footswitch for a young cousin:

That is groovy, man!  How do you do it?   :icon_question:
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

jacobyjd

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on May 07, 2010, 09:05:44 AM
I was going to ask why you don't use angled (45 degree) corners in your trace patterns, since it's supposed to be better for the circuit flow. I see now that you are using other people's patterns like the frequency central "Murder One" PCB above. But I remember your own DOD 250 clone PCB layout has 90 degree corners too.

I'd venture a guess that the difference between 45 and 90 degrees in stompbox circuits like these extremely miniscule.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

armstrom

The 45 degree corner thing has nothing to do with "circuit flow". The reason people suggest not using 90 degree corners is to avoid manufacturing problems. The sharp edges can cause the etching process to thin out the copper clad more than you would want. At least that's my understanding.
-Matt

Fender3D

Quote from: Magnus on May 07, 2010, 07:52:44 AM
Hello,

@salocin:
Nice footswitch - good lookin' swirl  ;)

@g.:
Wow, great looking pedal and awesome Mojo-guts!  :)

Here's the pcb i made today, it is for a "Murder One" Subminiature-Tube-Amp,
the latest-version-layout from frequencycentral, not a pedal but I think its ok to post it here:

Greetings
Magnus

hey Magnus,
have you ever thought about building a guitar top with that maple plane under your PCB?
it looks nice... :)

Nice PCB BTW...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: armstrom on May 07, 2010, 10:45:03 AM
The 45 degree corner thing has nothing to do with "circuit flow". The reason people suggest not using 90 degree corners is to avoid manufacturing problems. The sharp edges can cause the etching process to thin out the copper clad more than you would want. At least that's my understanding.

Hmm, you may have something there. Apparently it only negatively affects the PCB corner etching process when using narrow traces 12 mils or less. I had always heard it is best practice to avoid sharp bends for impedence reasons, EMI radiation, etc. But this analysis paper on right angle corners seems to agree with your stance:

http://www.montrosecompliance.com/Technical_papers/corners-Japan.pdf

I stand corrected! But I do like angles and rounded corners for asthetic design style reasons.

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

roseblood11

When I applied the clear coat, the decals began to swim a little bit, but I like that "vintage" look  ;)

It´s a mix of the ´77 and the ´78 version, using a czech maa741c opamp, 1n4001 diodes and a strange old WIMA cap.
A great little machine to boost my Catalinbread DLS clone!