SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compuwade

Here's my latest. It's my second etch.

Taylor

Cool. Where'd you get those switches? I've been looking for a toggle like that. The stomp looks different than the usual too.

philbinator1

Beautiful etch, compuwade...can't wait to get into etching droooool   :D
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

compuwade

Quote from: Taylor on May 07, 2010, 08:19:21 PM
Cool. Where'd you get those switches? I've been looking for a toggle like that. The stomp looks different than the usual too.

Thanks! I bought the toggle at Radio Shack and only used it because it was all I had. It's quite large and will only fit in larger enclosures.
The stomp is an SPST switch I found at the local frys. I'm not sure how durable it will be, but it seems pretty well built. This is pretty much the only circuit you can use this type of stomp with unless you have a flip flop switching circuit.

Quote from: philbinator1 on May 07, 2010, 11:06:43 PM
Beautiful etch, compuwade...can't wait to get into etching droooool   :D

Thanks...if you do I'd recommend you do a reverse etch. It's much easier to paint the whole enclosure and scrap the rasied letters than it is to paint the recessed letters. I would have rather had a background color and painted letters, but nothing I tried worked very well so I stuck with a bare metal background.

John Lyons

"Ram's Head" Big Muff

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

deadastronaut

john , that is such a neat and tidy gut shot..steady hands make neat work......nice hammer finish too...

i love the way the led just pokes through without a holder..great stuff!...

what goes on the back of the pots or pcb to stop it shorting out?...

also i thought you would have to use sheilded wire on the input with hi gain stuff!..

just noticed the earth on the output..good idea..use the box..excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

John Lyons

what goes on the back of the pots or pcb to stop it shorting out?...
I use an industrial rubberized double stick padding to secure the board
to the back of the pots.

also i thought you would have to use sheilded wire on the input with hi gain stuff!..

The wires are pretty short, and the BM isn't that high gain really, just a lot of clipping.

Thanks for the compliments.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

knealebrown

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 08, 2010, 03:02:00 PM

just noticed the earth on the output..good idea..use the box..excellent.

ive always connected my sleeve on the output to ground, i thought thsis was standard procedure? Can you explain to a noob why you left yours unterminated john? btw your work is floorless as always.  ;)
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

John Lyons

I make the ground connection through the box.
The input jack is bolted to the box. There is one connection
to the DC jack from the sleeve of the the input jack. This
ground the box. If I ran another wire from the input jack
sleeve to the sleeve of the output jack there would be two
connections/paths to ground, possible causing a ground loop.
It may not be a problem but I just use the box to ground the
output jack anyway.
Plus it saves a wire.  :icon_wink:

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: John Lyons on May 08, 2010, 10:03:30 PM
I make the ground connection through the box. The input jack is bolted to the box. There is one connection to the DC jack from the sleeve of the the input jack. This ground the box.

Great work as always John. I want to pick up on what you said here. Depending which jack was closest to the DC jack, would there be any difference to run the ground wire to the output jack instead of the input jack, if it were closest to the DC jack? The first pedals I'm building have the DC jack next to the output jack and both the input and output jacks are grounded to the enclosure with lock washers to hold them tight. I probably should have placed the DC jack on the other side in retrospect.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Magnus

Hello together,

Quotepretty awesome pcb!  :)
Thank you!

QuoteI was going to ask why you don't use angled (45 degree) corners in your trace patterns, since it's supposed to be better for the circuit flow. I see now that you are using other people's patterns like the frequency central "Murder One" PCB above. But I remember your own DOD 250 clone PCB layout has 90 degree corners too.
I don't use others layouts often, but I see it as a tribute for frequencycentral  8)

Quotehey Magnus,
have you ever thought about building a guitar top with that maple plane under your PCB?
it looks nice... Smiley

Nice PCB BTW...
Thank you!

You will laugh for sure - it is my laminated floor in my room  ;D

@roseblood11:
Great work - you know  ;)

@compuwade:
Cool pedal, I love etchings  :)

@John Lyons:
Wow, beautifull pedal and guts  :o

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

John Lyons

Depending which jack was closest to the DC jack, would there be any difference
to run the ground wire to the output jack instead of the input jack, if it were closest to the DC jack?

Either way will work fine.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

knealebrown

Thanks John,

Ruby amp anyone?....i know, i know! the decals are off  :'( still, its what it sounds like thats important  :icon_razz:

''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Electric Warrior

MKII Tone Bender clone:

lazerphea

My first "full-optional" pedal: an MXR Dist + :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me!!

darron

Quote from: lazerphea on May 09, 2010, 07:37:04 PM
My first "full-optional" pedal: an MXR Dist + :)]

Thanks to everyone who helped me!!

looks really neat. you should be happy with it.

the next build will need the obligatory gut shot too..... (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

arma61

Good job Paolo!

despite it's black it looks very shining!

Ciao
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

paulyy

First build using a pcb I made my self. Ignoir the ball of wires :P

yeeshkul

Quote from: John Lyons on May 08, 2010, 02:11:49 PM
"Ram's Head" Big Muff

John, that is a beautiful job! Well done, real pleasure to look at - it has got something realy pro&clean in it. Hot glue blobs work fine as the isolation as well. Recently i had one pedal for repair here - the tape got eventually penetrated ... however it is probably very unusual problem.

philbinator1

Does this count?  My first use of PnP blue, left to right: tonepad wah, tonepad Dist+, Gaussmarkov BSIAB2 and
Gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey.  I did 2 at a time.

Left to right: tonepad wah, tonepad Dist+, Gaussmarkov BSIAB2 and Gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey.  I did 2 at a time.
Only had to do minimal touching up, as opposed to a 1/2 hour mission with the photo paper/magazine paper.

Pity about the lighting quality, haven't figured out how to take a good photo with lights.  
Might wait for daylight next time!   Quite pleased with the results though, will etch tomorrow.    :icon_mrgreen:
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf