News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxOfSnoo

Quote from: Al Heeley on May 15, 2010, 07:50:15 AM
Latest evolution of my Tubescreamer overdrive.
Now has 4 different levels of bass boost plus 4 different selectable diode clipping configs, plus additional smoothing cap switch to alter the dynamics for the distortion.

I love the wee little daughterboards for your mods.  Is this a premade PCB or did you do this yourself?  Any clips anywhere?
My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

Al Heeley

Thanks - this was a home-etched board using the less-than-reliable ironing on laser jet printed paper technique. Took 3 attempts and heat/time settings to get a decent transfer.
Sorry no clips yet, went straight onto my pedalboard for gig tonite. Will be using it for bass tonite though this pedal works great on bass and lead.
So far fave sound is with ge/si diode mix, extra smoothing on, phat boost on 0.18. Loads to fiddle with :)

mattthegamer463

Active mixer pedal / Passive AB box / Passive mono-to-stereo combiner box.

It was my first enclosure etch so I'm pretty happy with it.

kupfer_m

Dual pentode (6AK5) distortion working on 65V.
Found 3 dual output (6,5V AC & 24V AC) wallwarts at a hamfest and I used one for this stompbox.

Greetings,
Jim

knealebrown

kupfer thats beautiful. Whats she doing on Sat night?  ;)
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

kupfer_m

Quote from: knealebrown on May 15, 2010, 02:31:39 PM
kupfer thats beautiful. Whats she doing on Sat night?  ;)

Haha! Here it's still 20.30hrs... So she will be playing with me this saturday night ;)

Slade

Wow, kupfer m, that's fabulous! Incredible design, we need to hear that demo!

Well, this is the first pedal I've built for my own setup this year.. that's sad..
I wanted to go minimalistic with the design. It has been made in a YY enclosure from pedalenclosures.
Anyway, it's the brain of my setup. And well... It's green.

Regards,
Fernando.-

our head is round......

really love that with the brain and all....... makes a great company logo
and the radical distortion is a work of art...........
put it together, now take it apart

Taylor

Fernando, how did you do the etch on what looks like a slanted enclosure? Did you etch the 2 planes separately?

paulyy

Quote from: kupfer_m on May 15, 2010, 02:27:44 PM
Dual pentode (6AK5) distortion working on 65V.
Found 3 dual output (6,5V AC & 24V AC) wallwarts at a hamfest and I used one for this stompbox.

Greetings,
Jim

Crazy! Anysound clips?

Slade

Quote from: Taylor on May 15, 2010, 03:44:18 PM
Fernando, how did you do the etch on what looks like a slanted enclosure? Did you etch the 2 planes separately?
The problem was to get a slanted iron! :icon_mrgreen:

Edit: Nobody seems to note the light bulb shape.. There's a brain, a light bulb... ideas!

differo

kupfer that looks mean! +1 for sound clip!
slade, really nice as usual, what is it? dirt? comp?
My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeToneful

Rebote2.5,MXR dist+,DrBoogie,BSIAB2,Ross Compressor&Phaser,MXR EnvFilt &Noise Gate,TS808,Condor CabSim,SansampGT2,Fraverb,Small Clone,TremLune,ValveCaster

kupfer_m

As for some sound clips of my pentode stompbox... I have to admit that I'm not a guitar player myself, but I find very amusing to build stompboxes.
I use my stompboxes mainly to make noise with my synths & my computer, for which this tube distortion is well suited.
Sometimes I make a stompbox for a "real musician"  ;D

I can ask my friend, who is in fact a very good guitar player, to record some clips, but until then, sorry, no clips  :icon_sad:
I shall post them...

Oh yes..and here's the inside :

Slade

:icon_eek:

paulyy

Quote from: kupfer_m on May 16, 2010, 01:40:20 PM
As for some sound clips of my pentode stompbox... I have to admit that I'm not a guitar player myself, but I find very amusing to build stompboxes.
I use my stompboxes mainly to make noise with my synths & my computer, for which this tube distortion is well suited.
Sometimes I make a stompbox for a "real musician"  ;D

I can ask my friend, who is in fact a very good guitar player, to record some clips, but until then, sorry, no clips  :icon_sad:
I shall post them...

Oh yes..and here's the inside :

Looks nice!

Kitarist

Quote from: Al Heeley on May 15, 2010, 07:50:15 AM
Latest evolution of my Tubescreamer overdrive.

Now has 4 different levels of bass boost plus 4 different selectable diode clipping configs, plus additional smoothing cap switch to alter the dynamics for the distortion.

Where does that cap for smoothin go? could you post a schematic or layout :)

It looks great!!! :) :)

Al Heeley

see the little 150pF cap on the dpdt switch, bottom left? That's wired to the poles of the clipping mode 4-way rotary switch, so it sits in parallel with whatever pair of diodes have been chosen fro the clipping, and it takes a little of the bite off the distortion.

jmwreck

roseblood11

knealebrown

lovely roseblood11, is that green hammerrite?
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''