SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonhendrix

Found these in my photobucket :*)

It says 'Scrambler' on there somwhere

I spent more time admiring the insides than actually playing through it....that's why I labeled the bottom of the pots :*)

Roland Bee Baa :*)

4ms SWASH - knob knob knob etc

christobean

what is the real name for the f***in big chorus? it insides look like it uses very simple for a chorus pedal

boogietube

Looks like an Easyvibe to me.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

Torchy

I like the Tonebender in the 'B' box ... v nice leon ...

Antero

Where do you get boxes like the one that tonebender is in?  That's hot!

Barcode80

antero, that's your run of the mill hammond 1590b. you can get it at smallbearelec.com, pedalpartsplus.com, or major electronic suppliers. at some places, it will be listed as a lookalike called 1290NS instead of 1590B.

Meanderthal

What about the wedge shaped 2 knob tonebender?
I am not responsible for your imagination.

Snuffy

Quote from: Meanderthal on January 09, 2007, 11:37:34 PM
I got one similar from Mouser; don't know if its the same. The part number was 537-MDC642-01. If you go to the brochure page there are a bunch of different sizes.

Antero

Quote from: Meanderthal on January 09, 2007, 11:37:34 PM
Yeah, that's the one i mean.  Hotness!

HeaD

Hey, here is a pic of my little essential pedalboard. On the top left you can see my last build: the foot-controlled-speed ROG EA tremolo, enjoy!

Sorry for my english :|

jamesymurray

HeaD, thats a cute little power supply you have got going on there.
Is it just a transformer-regularor-daisychained outputs?

jamesy

HeaD

Quote from: jamesymurray on January 11, 2007, 09:10:00 AM
Is it just a transformer-regularor-daisychained outputs?

Thanks jamesy...

Yes, it is :), It's based on the ggg regulated power supply schematics http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_reg_power_supply.pdf
Sorry for my english :|

$uperpuma

corkboard.... genius
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

sfr

Traded an old Epiphone electric guitar for some stuff with this girl I'm friends with.  Now she keeps saying she needs to pick up an amp.  Her birthday is this week so I threw together a Ruby/Noisy Cricket type amp for her.  Built most all of it in an afternoon.  Still a little bit of tweaking.  Picked up a decent 8" guitar speaker for 20 bucks, and grabbed an old speaker cabinet for a home stereo for 5 bucks at a junk shop.  Tossed the new speaker in there, and mounted the controls where the port for the tweeter used to be.  Was trying to find a way to keep part of the surround from the horn-type thing attached to the tweeter to keep the edges of the cavity where the control panel is looking nice, but wasn't able to do that and fit all the controls in. 

Used a 3PDT on-off-on switch - center the amp is off, and then either side turns it on. Left is the blue LED and the "grit" on, and to the right is the yellow LED and the "normal" setting. 

Surprisingly good sound out of this little thing, although I think I like my little mini-Marshall MS-2 better with this speaker for the distorted sounds.  But I *love* the clean sounds with a neck pickup out of this.

Tried running it off 12V and 9V, I prefer the 9. 

The thing had foam glued to the back of the cabinet, I ripped it out, as I had a 2x12 guitar cab like this and I like it much better w/o the foam.  Now I'm wondering if it might be better to have the foam in this case.  Probably should put some shielding in this thing too.

I find it humourous that I went to the trouble of making Rosewood knobs with little mother-of-pearl inlays to stick on a cabinet covered in bad plastic fake veneer.
sent from my orbital space station.

StephenGiles

I was looking for some photos I took at a folk festival in 1984 and found this one of my DIY SG after it's accident and just before I stuck it back together - the glue has held since 1995! I painted the P90 pickup white after that and the scratchplate, which I made from 2 pieces of cardboard stuck together, I painted in a psychedelic  array of colours.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

christobean

Quote from: StephenGiles on January 14, 2007, 04:58:58 PM

I was looking for some photos I took at a folk festival in 1984 and found this one of my DIY SG after it's accident and just before I stuck it back together - the glue has held since 1995! I painted the P90 pickup white after that and the scratchplate, which I made from 2 pieces of cardboard stuck together, I painted in a psychedelic  array of colours.

did you just paint the fret board?

Barcode80

more mouse footswitches....

cloudscapes

Hey all, some-time lurker first-time poster here. When I discovered this thread, it wasted a good part of my day just looking and reading everything. It was a workday too... :icon_biggrin: don't tell my boss! I've only been into building these things for a month and a half, but I'm pretty-much hooked now I think. I have two here:

feedback loop / bypass box. an easy start and godo practice for first time builders like me. my pds8000 sounds beautiful through it! I actually keep my whole pedalboard in it now.

simple bugcrusher/degrader. couple sound samples here and here. I want to build another one of these, but with a few tweaks and extra mods/knobs. I'm getting some charge pump converter chips soon and will see if I can power this circuit with just one battery! add a starve, filter, etc. it's a nice-sounding effect!

I have plans for a transformer ringmod with different carrier options, and eventually I want to build smallish (foot-long) resonance tank out of contact mics and such.....

I'm hooked!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

yeeshkul

Here is my new treble booster :)

I used transparent stickers for the design, as they are really cheap and don't need any clear coating.

StephenGiles

Quote from: christobean on January 14, 2007, 06:22:41 PM
Quote from: StephenGiles on January 14, 2007, 04:58:58 PM

did you just paint the fret board?

There is no fret board as such, just the top of the neck!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".