News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Here's my Red Star Drive (another Rick/fcuk design):

I quite like the red/gold "bling" combo (building a tele with a similar colour scheme).  Shame I couldn't find any gold stompswitches...  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

ca cat

A couple of new ones

Echo base:

TS with clipping in bass mods and TS808/keeley switch

Fuzz factory clone with external stab controler - a fuzzle ;D

And a pedalboard solution: Echo base for delay/vibrato/chorus, Plexi clone for drive sounds and a power supply
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

Slade

I like your pedals and your taste for design, ca cat, keep 'em coming! :icon_biggrin:

rousejeremy

Did you make that expression pedal yourself? Looks awesome.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

ca cat

Thank you! I won't stop, I promise:)
The controler is an old spanish distortion pedal, with diferent pot and jacks

Al Heeley

Loving your pedals cat!

musiclikscreams

cat, are those decaled plates? they look amazing

ca cat

No, those are etched aluminium plates.

kupfer_m

Quote from: ca cat on April 01, 2012, 02:48:17 PM
A couple of new ones

Echo base:

Fuzz factory clone with external stab controler - a fuzzle ;D

Those look fantastic!
How do you apply the different colours? Spraycan or by hand?
I suppose you also use ferric chloride for etching, do you apply an extra coat of paint on top of your toner transfer to
get those clean etches?

tuckster

hardstatic: your clari(not) is the first pedal in this thread that looks awesome without knobs! Please don't put knobs on this pedal.
  • SUPPORTER

ca cat

The colours are applied by paintbrush. I use HCl and H2O2 for etching. I apply some extra paint for cleaner etch, yes.

nicofx

My Latest..

ECHO

RAT

The Spider - Bass Compressor

jwar

Wow! That Spider looks amazing! Do you sell these? I've been looking for a good bass comp. Very cool pedals!

hardstatic

Quote from: markeebee on March 29, 2012, 11:39:37 AM
@hardstatic - I really like the gnarly look of that Great Destroyer.  Looks like it sounds, I reckon.

Er, I'm interested in whatever's on that instruction sheet?

It reminds me of Mickey Mouse for some reason - the red/black maybe.  And it does get pretty trippy with the voltage starve, but it's quite a cool fuzz when dialed in.  You can see where I had it sitting on some wooden sticks; I had the etchant way too strong.  The instruction sheet is for an Estes rocket my boy is building, remember those?

Quote from: azrael on March 29, 2012, 11:40:53 AM
Wow, I like that look a lot! Any chance you could let us know how that circuit goes? It sounds pretty interesting, and I'll bet it's a goofy use of dem inverters.

It's a cool pedal.  I think the kit was $50 at Dwarfcraft... I recommend supporting Aen because he needs to buy a damn drill press (crooked-ass oblong holes).

Quote from: snarblinge on March 29, 2012, 03:30:42 PM
Hardstatic amazing 1st post!!! nice builds.

Thank you sir!  I figure i've been lurking long enough I should start participating a little bit.

Quote from: roseblood11 on March 29, 2012, 04:11:27 PM
wow, this is really cool!

Thanks roseblood11, I just finished your fuzz gun vero, works great and the box is etched, drilled, and ready for paint.  Pictures coming shortly.

Quote from: Perrow on March 29, 2012, 05:02:08 PM
Opinions are indeed like a$$holes, my current opinion is that hardstatic made a fantastic debut  :icon_eek: WOW, keep 'em coming.

Thanks Perrow, I was kinda trying to derail the derailing.

Quote from: kaycee on March 30, 2012, 04:06:37 PM
Nice etches indeed! Particularly like this one.

Been there, done that with the metal jacks ::)

The metal jack tripped me up.  I want to use them so i'm looking for the little nylon washers with a skirt to insulate from the box.  I have a Wet reverb and that's how Brian does them.

Quote from: tuckster on April 02, 2012, 04:02:15 PM
hardstatic: your clari(not) is the first pedal in this thread that looks awesome without knobs! Please don't put knobs on this pedal.

Hah, thanks, I didn't even think to consider it knobless.  My wife has since absconded with this pedal and would complain about not being able to see the knob positions.

Nico, Slade, I have dedicated folders with your enclosure designs!  Beautiful work!  My wife calls the 1590A's "lipstick boxes" and is now requesting all of her effects in them... 1590B's make me crazy as it is!

p_wats

Here's a modified Paramix from Guitarpcb.com that includes a second effects loop and the "T-Diddy Boost Mod." All in a wonderful little oranges & lemons tin:

Messy guts:

I'll post the demo video I took in the member video thread too...it's a great circuit!

slacker

Spin FV1 based synth module, all parameters voltage controllable.
Not strictly a pedal, although you can play your guitar through it and I might build a stand alone version at some point. Might have to bite the bullet and go SMD for that though.

bean

greeny23

howd you go about grounding that Bean?

i've made a couple of multi's recently and they make @#$%ed up noises cause of power.

bean

Quote from: greeny23 on April 03, 2012, 11:58:06 PM
howd you go about grounding that Bean?

i've made a couple of multi's recently and they make @#$%ed up noises cause of power.

Nothing special. The DC jack sleeve goes to ground on the left switch, each switch's ground is connected to one another and then the output jack's sleeve, each PCB is grounded to one switch. It's really quiet, actually, despite not spending a lot of time making the wiring look pretty.