News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Pettol on April 16, 2012, 12:36:29 PM
Just wanted to share my latest etch: It's etched (p-n-p + NaOH), etched areas painted black and then I sprayed the whole thing with transparent red. I'm quite happy with the result. Candy apple-ish.

Perfect etch work. Usually you see some pitting elsewhere. This one looks flawless!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Govmnt_Lacky

It's etched (p-n-p + NaOH), etched areas painted black and then I sprayed the whole thing with transparent red. I'm quite happy with the result. Candy apple-ish.

I always wondered...

How do you keep the red paint out of the black etched areas  ???
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

deadastronaut

^imo, you don't...ther black just shows through more!... :icon_cool:

excellent work pettol... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Slade

Just wanted to share my latest etch:

It's etched (p-n-p + NaOH), etched areas painted black and then I sprayed the whole thing with transparent red. I'm quite happy with the result. Candy apple-ish.

BTW - it's an overdrive.
Niiiice.... very cool use for transparent paint. 8)

Pettol

Thanks a lot.

Quote from: Colonel Angus on April 16, 2012, 01:06:43 PM
That's sexy, love the red! Those knobs are sick, where did you source them from?
www.musikding.com. Get all my stuff from them.

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 16, 2012, 01:19:59 PM

Perfect etch work. Usually you see some pitting elsewhere. This one looks flawless!
Thanks. I guess: Press-n-peel, NaOH and apply droplets on areas to be etched  - I never put the whole thing it in the etchant!

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 16, 2012, 01:27:12 PM

I always wondered...

How do you keep the red paint out of the black etched areas  ???
deadastronaut's right. Black is always black.

nicofx

@Pettol - Awesome etch and graphics!!  8)

Colonel Angus

Nothing fancy...
Kay T-1 tremolo clone with depth mod and rate LED

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 16, 2012, 12:59:15 PM
Why should you not have 90o angles? Do the electrons bunch up in the corners?

Rulz-Hernan

My first picture!

From Argentina!

proaudioguy

Quote from: Colonel Angus on April 16, 2012, 10:30:56 AM
There's lots of looper designs and kits out there.
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/
I'm lost at what you mean by 'preset', most of the designs here are pretty analog. I guess you could add some presets by putting marks indicating how far to turn the knob.

I was replying to a post 900 or so pages ago.  Presets much like the octa switch or gig rig have. Def analog switching with relays.  One of the talented posters here from Bulgaria has made an incredibly beautiful switcher. I was seeking help with the logo side.

Jdansti

Lots of great builds in this thread. I just learned about the 1000 competition. For those who might have missed it (and to help us get to 1000) here are the rules:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=96870.msg842828#msg842828

You must build your pedal specifically for the competition - no 'previously built' entries please
You must post your finished pedal on the Pictures! thread on page 1000 or any of the following pages providing it is posted on the same day that the Pictures! thread reaches page 1000
Your finished pedal must also be posted on this thread on the same day
Your pedal must be 'end of the world' themed
Gut shots are mandatory'!
Slade is not allowed to enter!
frequencycentral is not allowed to enter!

ANYONE can enter - even your granny. But not me or him.  

It doesn't need to be an original designed circuit  - just built by you.

Slade and frequencycentral will decide on the winner. The judges decision is final. No bribes will be accepted.......!

The winner gets a free 'end of the world' themed Sonic Death Ray 14 stage phase shifter, enclosure etched by Slade, pedal built by frequencycentral......

This time there has to be an entry fee of $10 USD, we need to cover some costs as the enclosure has to be shipped halfway across the world twice even before it goes to the winner. We need $150 to go towards costs, anything over that will be contibuted to Aron/diystompboxes to help keep this wonderful forum going. Bear in mind that a stock Sonic Death Ray sells for $450 USD:

http://www.prymaxevintage.com/frequency-central-sonic-death-ray-phaser/ (yeah, out of stock until they get their next shipment)

- and the one built for this competition will be a collectors item should the world survive past 2012. How to pay your entry fee will be announced shortly - we wanna work it out so people know we're not just scammin' ya!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

petey twofinger

i just wanted to state publicly how much i do not enjoy painting .

there i said it . sorry to be such a crab but ... i really do not enjoy this part of the deal . it is nice when its done though !

alot of you guys make such nice looking stuff , i really admire that craftsmanship . so thanks for sharing all this stuff that makes mine look like a day care kid got a hold of the art closet keys  . oh well , i am learning . i hope .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

Earthscum

That's the funny thing about the new contest... if your pedal ends up being a total disaster, it might actually help you out!  :icon_biggrin:
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Jdansti

Quote from: petey twofinger on April 18, 2012, 12:06:29 AM
i just wanted to state publicly how much i do not enjoy painting .

there i said it . sorry to be such a crab but ... i really do not enjoy this part of the deal . it is nice when its done though !

alot of you guys make such nice looking stuff , i really admire that craftsmanship . so thanks for sharing all this stuff that makes mine look like a day care kid got a hold of the art closet keys  . oh well , i am learning . i hope .

Amen to all that!!!  I'm terrible at painting-probably because I have little patience for things I dislike doing. I always end up boogering up my paint job and then making it look worse when I try to fix it.  :( I have lots of patience for building and testing the electronics, although I hate stripping and tinning a bunch of wires for the off board components for some reason. I put my $10 in mainly to support the contest and the site (although I will make a decent effort to win). :icon_wink:

But yes, there are so many peddles on this site that are truly masterpieces of art.
  • SUPPORTER

Magnus

Hello together,
so here's a pcb I was spending some more time on:

All parts matched for the right resistance, capacity and type, cables in original colors - tried to go for mojo  :)

Transistors are from DSI, I will put in the originals if I will ever find some...

Greetings from Germany
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

aflynt

This is a Dual Hermida/GGG Reverb in a 1790NS with AMZ switching. I did a custom board layout for it with tabs and sockets for mounting the Belton DigiLog module underneath. I used 2 separate boards since it was actually cheaper to have it fabbed from Dorkbot that way than do 1 big one for both. I designed it to sit atop my '68 Fender Showman providing reverb for both channels. The graphics are intended to cop the aesthetics of the amp's drip-edge era faceplate.

-Aaron

petey twofinger

yeah and the matching knobs ...

thats awesome man .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

Greenmachine

Shiiit. Awesome reverb pedal.

Govmnt_Lacky

@aflynt

Awesome looking pedal  :o

If I may ask, what do you use for your "grounding bar?" What type of wire is that?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

aflynt

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 18, 2012, 02:51:31 PM
@aflynt

Awesome looking pedal  :o

If I may ask, what do you use for your "grounding bar?" What type of wire is that?

Thanks! It's 16AWG Alpha tinned bus bar wire. This stuff:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Wire/295-SV005/?qs=iXL3lsaaSSD93GExv%2feNsQ%3d%3d

-Aaron