SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mth5044

DAMN that dual reverb is nice.

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

aflynt

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 18, 2012, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: aflynt on April 18, 2012, 02:56:54 PM
Thanks! It's 16AWG Alpha tinned bus bar wire. This stuff:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alpha-Wire/295-SV005/?qs=iXL3lsaaSSD93GExv%2feNsQ%3d%3d

:o

Dang!! That like $1 per foot for 16AWG wire  :icon_eek:

I just noticed that. :o I bought it back in '98. I don't think I paid that much then. At least I think I didn't.  :icon_confused:

-Aaron

kaycee

Quote from: Rulz-Hernan on April 16, 2012, 09:05:27 PM
My first picture!

From Argentina!

Thats nice and elegant. P90 or 45?

kaycee

Box of wrong that is the Fuzz Factory. Built on one of Poodlebra/pedalparts.co.uk boards, a nice neat little board that soldered up very well.

Running tombstone AC132's in there, have some 128's might try them out as well, but comparisons are hard as you never get the same sound twice out of these things...

Xavier

The Déco-Drive and the Dual reverb are STUNNING !!!!!!  :icon_eek:

here's my latest pedal (after a long and painful debugging). A Diamond Compressor clone for Ian Bairnson from The Alan Parsons project.

Jurassic

Here's my first madbean build: The Cupcake (Orange Squeezer clone).
Check out my site for more info and pics: http://www.jurimusic.com/madbean-cupcake-orange-squeezer-clone/
-Juri

sugonidamaso

Quote from: aflynt on April 18, 2012, 02:07:39 PM
This is a Dual Hermida/GGG Reverb in a 1790NS with AMZ switching. I did a custom board layout for it with tabs and sockets for mounting the Belton DigiLog module underneath. I used 2 separate boards since it was actually cheaper to have it fabbed from Dorkbot that way than do 1 big one for both. I designed it to sit atop my '68 Fender Showman providing reverb for both channels. The graphics are intended to cop the aesthetics of the amp's drip-edge era faceplate.

-Aaron

That is a one sick pedal! Great work! :icon_eek:
" The greatest inspiration is often born out of desperation--so be DESPERATE! "

hardstatic

Quote from: Jurassic on April 19, 2012, 10:44:18 AM
Check out my site for more info and pics: http://www.jurimusic.com/madbean-cupcake-orange-squeezer-clone/
-Juri

Did you polish that box?  It's so shiny!  Nice job.

Jurassic

Quote from: hardstatic on April 19, 2012, 10:47:24 AM
Did you polish that box?  It's so shiny!  Nice job.
Yes I did! I Used sandpaper (from 240 up to 1200 grit) and then some metal polish. It took quite some time.. Next time I'll do it with power tools!  :icon_biggrin:

Rulz-Hernan

glops

Quote from: Jurassic on April 19, 2012, 10:44:18 AM
-Juri

Fantastic, and thanks for the polishing tips on your site.  I will try it out next time!

darron

i helped Shaun Klinger from klingercustompedals.com out with the enclosures for these ones... Really can't remember what they all are:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Jurassic

Quote from: glops on April 19, 2012, 05:17:22 PM
Fantastic, and thanks for the polishing tips on your site.  I will try it out next time!
Cool! :) Thanks!

Pettol

@darron.
Nice looking pedals! How are those made?

darron

Quote from: Pettol on April 20, 2012, 04:33:40 AM
@darron.
Nice looking pedals! How are those made?

thanks (:

they are all powder coated. the ones with a starburst 3d pattern are air brushed before the powder. the final labelling is co2 laser engraving. we got all of those ones done in one night (:

the lighter metal is exposed underneath, except with the silver one where it's engraved very lightly to burn it into a darker contrasting colour.

Pettol

Thanks darron.
Laser engraving - checked out once. Less expensive than one might think.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Pettol on April 20, 2012, 12:23:16 PM

If you can find someone who can do it  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Earthscum

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 20, 2012, 02:23:22 PM
Quote from: Pettol on April 20, 2012, 12:23:16 PM

If you can find someone who can do it  :-\

Change that to: If you can find someone who will do it. Lots of places won't engrave things that aren't from their own stock. It's too much liability for them to screw it up. We've had people come in and try to get us to engrave heirloom stuff and we refused because if we screw it up... power glitches, massive ID-10-T error, anything... we have to fix or replace it. The stock we buy is alot cheaper (cheaper... not inexpensive... CHEAP).

Also, not to discourage any more than I may have, you're relying on the guy who's doing the engraving to give a sh** about your project. Most likely you will end up with blackened letters, not pretty ones like Darron makes.

Here's your alternative: Find a trophy shop and have them laser engrave top plates for you. If you go in, you can usually see what the stock looks like. Have your artwork on disk (find out what format you can both be comfortable working in), and write the sizes down. They can round the corners for you, usually. 4.25"x2.25" with a 1/8" corner radius fits nearly perfect on a 1590B. The stock will vary, from translucent coats that shine silver or gold when engraved, to opaque coatings, some with graphic (like marble). Also, they should have plastic that has 2 colors to it. One of the neat ones is about .06" of clear with opaque top sheet. These are awesome to reverse engrave (from the back) and paint with your own colors.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

darron

everything Earthscum says is true.

I get very nervous getting the registration right too as sometimes a tiny thing will get overlooked or you'll get a glitch. Luckilly a lot of those enclosure were drilled with jigs of my own making to match the digital artwork, so it was a lot easier.

The plates idea is very good! Talked Shaun into that for the ones that I knew wouldn't engrave well (and yes, I didn't want to mess around with):

They make some for lasers in brushed/ploshed brass and silver colour that engrave black very nicely.