News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Very nice!  How did you make the lip on the top?  Glued strips of wood?
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

vigilante397

Quote from: Jdansti on May 02, 2014, 04:50:07 PM
Very nice!  How did you make the lip on the top?  Glued strips of wood?

+1

That thing looks AMAZING by the way. The store I work in is an Orange dealer, it would be cool if we carried these as well :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

thelonious

Those icons are the shizz. But get yourself some heat shrink tubing so your wires don't short out from failing scotch tape!!  ;) (also, btw, the whole look of this is super cool)

threepwood

Cheers guys.

I'll be replacing the scotch tape with heat shrink asap. Hadn't realised I'd run out

As you said the lip is strips of wood glued to the enclosure. Here's an earlier build using the same method:

Naked:

There was a lot of trial and error trying different adhesives to get the different materials to stick together but I got there in the end. The AC30 style one was built over a year ago and everything is still in place.

Thanks again.

Jdansti

Great idea!  Thanks for sharing!
  • SUPPORTER

Kitarist

I would like to ask if its normal for etch to leave black weird color on the enclosure that you have to sand down?

This happened to two of my etches and first i thought its the etching substance and change it to something else and same thing happened...

Anyone got a clue why this happens?

Could it be the laser printer "color"? (Using the laser printer and heat method to put the label on the enclosure)

arma61

Hi there

last built, it's a Dr Boogie with a boost.... wish to thanks FrequencyCentral (drb layout*), perrow (boost layout*), renegadrian (I was missing 3 knobs and a pot to finish it!!  ;)) and everybody here at this invaluable forum... a real source of right, clear and spot on info.. no BS!!
* used as base/guide for building up my own layout.

guts

Ciao
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

smurfedelic smurfberry

I really feel guilty singling out just one person, but that TH Customs Valve-e-Tize is amazing. there's been so many nice builds that you have to take my word for it, you all are awesome!
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

Mika

= Blue Breaker =
Hand paint....

Mika

= Tremolo =
Hand paint

davent

Mika, your Blue Breaker is terrific, super paint job!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

thelonious

Quote from: Kitarist on May 03, 2014, 05:54:04 AM
I would like to ask if its normal for etch to leave black weird color on the enclosure that you have to sand down?

This happened to two of my etches and first i thought its the etching substance and change it to something else and same thing happened...

Anyone got a clue why this happens?

Could it be the laser printer "color"? (Using the laser printer and heat method to put the label on the enclosure)

Yes, it's normal. There are cleaning creams designed to take it off, but I just use super fine steel wool (#0000) and acetone. It's a product of the chemical reaction that takes place when the etchant eats the aluminum.

Mario44

finally got knobs for my multi-fx
here is photo

Luke51411

Quotefinally got knobs for my multi-fx
Knobs... Who needs knobs haha very nice work. I've been meaning to build something like this I've just been sticking my multi effects into cookie tins and cigar boxes...  :icon_mrgreen:
I'm hesitant to drill the hammonds anymore because I worry I'll screw it up as there isn't much extra space. Though I haven't messed any of them up beyond use yet.

Arcane Analog

1200 pages of awesomeness! Very inspiring!

Thom, that amp looks amazing. Great woodwork. Beautiful!

Great idea threepwood! That really looks like an "amp in a box".

Awesome finish on that Box of Rock, Mika. It looks very textured and 3D.

Gorgeous as always, Daron.

Mario44

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 04, 2014, 11:31:57 AM
Quotefinally got knobs for my multi-fx
Knobs... Who needs knobs haha very nice work. I've been meaning to build something like this I've just been sticking my multi effects into cookie tins and cigar boxes...  :icon_mrgreen:
I'm hesitant to drill the hammonds anymore because I worry I'll screw it up as there isn't much extra space. Though I haven't messed any of them up beyond use yet.
thanks
for a long time I was messing with similar tins and boxes, so I didn't have to paint them but I'm not the best painter and I decided to leave this top plain metal
it's gonna be dirt anyway after using it with my shoes :D
I had hammond-like case and drilling in it was very tough
this case is 3mm thick and drill goes like into butter
maybe this panel is cracked in few places but I don't care since it used to be cheap and solid

Unlikekurt

Jdansti

Cool!  Is that a chastity lock on your Big Muff?
  • SUPPORTER

midwayfair

My ship in a bottle fuzz -- pretty sure this one's unique!

Close-up of the board:

This is a fuzz made with all-glass components. Well, except for that power-filtering cap, but electros simply don't exist in glass that I've ever been able to find. :)

I've wanted to build this forever, but the resistors were almost impossible to get and are extremely expensive when the do pop up. Govt Lackey (Greg) was incredibly generous and hooked me up with enough to make a few pedals with -- most importantly with a few almost-impossible-to-find 500K resistors.

The capacitors are actually glass-encased SMD components that someone on BYOC posted about recently. This was really the final kicker, because it meant that I could do everything in glass instead of my original plan, which was to use metal caps (and probably metal transistors).

Since I had such a limited range of components, I had to design a new circuit. I'll post a small build thread with the demo in a moment, with the caveat that the project could probably use some refinement when using "real" components.

I wanted a combination of faux 3D and two-dimensional cartoonishness for the ship itself. I thought it came out really well. I showed it to a friend who then asked if I could do something similar for his duo's EP cover! That was kind of neat.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

thelonious

Quote from: midwayfair on May 04, 2014, 05:09:22 PM
My ship in a bottle fuzz ... made with all-glass components.

Ok, this is seriously one of the coolest things I've seen on here. Great work, Jon!!