SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyurie

Quote from: Frances Rhodes on August 21, 2014, 07:18:43 AM
Quote from: Kyurie on August 20, 2014, 03:47:53 PM
Some words about the laser engraved PCB  :)

This is for bass mixer/selector pedal

is it just me or is there something wrong with this one...? like... is it "reversed"?!

this pcb will be lowered into the ferric chloride soon :) It was painted and engraved

Crusty Crust

Hi there !
Some builds there, a Timmy clone for a friend that I drew myself ( usually I don't draw.. )

A dual delay for myself ( I like dolphins )

And this. Custom painted Verellen Big Spiders, more to come in a near future !

Mac Walker

Quote from: Kyurie on August 21, 2014, 02:28:56 PM

is it just me or is there something wrong with this one...? like... is it "reversed"?!

this pcb will be lowered into the ferric chloride soon :) It was painted and engraved

Can I ask, what kind of machine cycle time is involved in this laser etching?  And the approximate dimensions of that board?  Thanks.

Kyurie

Quote from: Mac Walker on August 22, 2014, 12:48:53 PM

Can I ask, what kind of machine cycle time is involved in this laser etching?  And the approximate dimensions of that board?  Thanks.

Of course! I used "MiniMarker2" (Russian ME laser engraver). I engraved two times - 20 kHz/1000 speed/50% power (the machine is 20 watts) - to etch the paint.

the dimensions of PCB are 110*65 mm. Work field of the machine is 160*160 mm.

Frances Rhodes

Quote from: Kyurie on August 23, 2014, 05:18:24 AM

Of course! I used "MiniMarker2" (Russian ME laser engraver). I engraved two times - 20 kHz/1000 speed/50% power (the machine is 20 watts) - to etch the paint.

may i ask why you chose to engrave the paint in order to chemicaly etch the copper instead of laser engraving the copper directly? seems like twice the load of work and time for the "same" (?) final result with all the drawbacks of making and using chemicals that are a pain to dispose
"If it's too loud, you're not too old, it's Alancka Effectors."

https://www.facebook.com/alancka.effectors?sk=info

Kyurie

Quote from: Frances Rhodes on August 23, 2014, 05:52:28 AM

may i ask why you chose to engrave the paint in order to chemicaly etch the copper instead of laser engraving the copper directly? seems like twice the load of work and time for the "same" (?) final result with all the drawbacks of making and using chemicals that are a pain to dispose

the reason is that copper is very poorly to engrave. I can't get the desired result with the 20 watts engraver.

fatfoohy

Just finished up my bass modded Orange Squeezer, as well as my Superheated SHO.  I haven't made anything for a few years, so it feels good to work out the kinks!

~Fatfoohy~
having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

peterg

Austin - welcome back to the addiction! Nice builds! You can't get away from providing gut shots - gotta see them!

301 flanger using a modified Tonepad layout and a daughter baord for a voltage doubler:

davent

Great build Peter, so clean and neat inside and out!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

jmwreck

Here is my build for the SWAH V3.

darron

Quote from: Kyurie on August 23, 2014, 07:31:13 AM
Quote from: Frances Rhodes on August 23, 2014, 05:52:28 AM

the reason is that copper is very poorly to engrave. I can't get the desired result with the 20 watts engraver.

if you think it through it's not practically possible.

if it's 20W then it's likely a CO2 laser and will never engrave copper. even the lasers that are used to engrave/cut metal use copper mirrors, so that rules them out too.

IF you could laser through the dense copper, the next layer is a flimsy bit of light fibreglass which you'd surely just blast right though in the very next moment.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

alanp

Soldered up another Lovetone Meatball clone, this time on my Rissole 1.4 board.

Got the enclosure from Kev77, unfortunately I think it's one of his last (he suggested he was going to stop. Dunno why.)

bean

This is an OD/Delay combo.

deadastronaut

^ very cool, love those tiny trim/pots
8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

Is that a Manatee?   :o

Why a Manatee???   ???

;D
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

Nice build, Brian.  Now let's wait for pickdropper to build one - with all 8 pots - into a 1590A.   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

pickdropper

Quote from: bluebunny on August 29, 2014, 03:16:20 AM
Nice build, Brian.  Now let's wait for pickdropper to build one - with all 8 pots - into a 1590A.   :icon_eek:

Um, no.  I've found that my practical limit is 6 pots
3 LEDs
2 quarter-inch jacks
1 3PDT foot switch
1 3PDT toggle
1 DC socket

I did that once and that's it. 

Ok, maybe if I use low profile jacks, but, well, still no.  ;-P

bluebunny

Quote from: pickdropper on August 29, 2014, 07:29:10 PM
Um, no.  I've found that my practical limit is 6 pots

You know you want to!

-- 7mm pots!   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Mr_Butterworth

This is my first build. It is based off of the Jumbo Pickle Fuzz circuit on the Big Muff Page. There's a lot of little things that are messed up aesthetically and the wiring is a little untidy, but for my first shot I'm pretty happy.

And the guts:

vigilante397

Quote from: pickdropper on August 29, 2014, 07:29:10 PM
I've found that my practical limit is 6 pots
3 LEDs
2 quarter-inch jacks
1 3PDT foot switch
1 3PDT toggle
1 DC socket

I did that once and that's it. 

Where's the picture of that one? :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com