News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudscapes

thanks guys
and thank you free electron for some help on the debug!

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on January 28, 2015, 08:04:28 PM
Cloud, you need more knobs on there damn it. lol.

it almost had two more! then I figured I could have sets of knobs that have different functions depending on how a switch is set

Quote from: vigilante397 on January 28, 2015, 09:34:42 PM
There are so many things I love about this build I had to make a list:

1) THAT FINISH.
2) the way the knobs complement the finish
3) the simple perfection of the artwork
4) (correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like) LEDs mounted flush under the finish
5) the only thing cooler than an SMD pedal is a surface mount/SMD hybrid pedal
6) THAT FINISH AGAIN
7) Sonic Crayon. Enough said.

thanks!

the LEDs are indeed mounted flush under the decal+finish. run your nail/finger over the LEDs and it's like there's nothing there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Luke51411

Flush LEDs are great! I've got some flat tops on the way for that purpose!

midwayfair

Smell ... baaad.

Okay, sharp eyed people, I made a last-minute change to the pedal after I had already boxed it up, and forgot to do something before snapping the gut shot. What is wrong with this picture? I'm gonna be Sneaky McSnearkson and replace that picture when I get home ...

This is the pedal I designed with JR Hevron (thesameage) for winning my Madbean holiday PIF thread. He picked the "design an effect" prize.

JR's a bassist, so this was a new challenge for me: Designing something that I thought sounded good on bass.

After a bunch of discussion, we settled on a compressor with a blended fuzz. The compressor half is a modified Bearhug (longer attack, and hardwired to the long decay), and the fuzz is two modified BMP stages with bass boosts. The tone control is a low-pass shelf filter with a deeper cut on the fuzz side than the clean side. The fuzz output was also tuned to be about the same volume as the clean signal regardless of the pot's setting. One really neat thing that happens is that when you turn up the fuzz pot a little, you don't necessarily hear much distortion, but you do get a noticeable shift toward the bass side of the spectrum.

I'll post a schematic after JR has finished his build and given me his thoughts, in case there are any final tweaks. This is his baby now, so I don't know if there will be a project PCB available. I don't know when I'll get a chance to do a demo with FAWM coming up, but I might use it in a recording during February.

Oh, the knobs came from Cyrus at Ovnilab, which was super cool of him! I had to file out the insides a bit to get them to fit, but they're nicely made and look really good on this.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

~arph

You forgot to connect the other end of the black wire

midwayfair

Quote from: ~arph on January 29, 2015, 02:07:10 PM
You forgot to connect the other end of the black wire

winner winner! I had to desolder it to flip the board over (I had to replace the dual gang pot ... it was a pull from another project and one of the outside lugs wasn't making contact with the wiper) and forgot to solder it back to the input jack's star ground.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

fuzzmonger

Another Interstellar Overdriver clone. Rustoleum textured finish, silk-screened steel name plates (read; plastic trophy plaque with a water slide decal) wired on perfboard, big old washers around the stomper and the LED that totally aren't hiding chips.

-Fuzzmonger

peterg

davent

Total knockout Peter! Incredible results on this one... again!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

jubal81

JCM800 preamp. 190V.

vigilante397

Quote from: jubal81 on February 02, 2015, 11:10:49 PM
JCM800 preamp. 190V.

You're probably already aware of this, but this is one of the coolest things ever. Like whoa. :o
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rullywowr

A L_ndgraff Clean Boost in a 1590a. Detour optical bypass by rullywow.com and knob by SRCeffects.com

DIY Pedal PCB projects IN STOCK
www.rullywow.com

Pettol

What the... That's just awesome peterg!

Pettol

Very nice jubal81!

It's that an etched face plate?

peterg

Thanks guys

Fuzzmonger - great 1950's industrial look to your Overdrive

Rullywowr - that is a super clean Clean Boost. Awesome guts!

Jubal81 - Um...kind of speechless...

vigilante397

Quote from: rullywowr on February 03, 2015, 01:28:51 AM

It seems like in my builds the smaller the effect the worse the guts tend to turn out :P Very clean, great-looking build inside and out.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

peterg

Fuzzmonger, Rullywowr, Jubal81 - what photo share site do you use?

Luke51411

Quote from: apollomusicservice on February 03, 2015, 01:11:12 PM
THROTTLE overdrive. My custom work.

Ermhh... uh... what? Wow! I know this is said a lot around here but this is seriously one of the coolest things I've ever seen! Great work!

peterg

Holy crap! That is amazing!

glops