News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pettol

Nice ones, Duck!

I think I have to do something similar...

duck_arse

well, jd, seeing as you asked ......

the small panels was a bit of wood cut about size, then a junior hacksaw was clamped flat to a bit of wood on the desk, and the thin slices cut. bookleafed? labourously, painfully, messily, slowly. then, my search tells me a fret saw:

was clamped upright to a different bit of wood and the desk, and the scrolling commenced. the large panels were remains from a plank I circley sawed thickness wise. all three are sanded to P1200 and just furniture polished. and it doesn't matter how or how many guide lines you draw, the saw just goes somewhere.

like coil winding, I find f-scrolling quite theraputic. I highly recommend it as a method of converting your collection of big bits of wood into little bits of wood. and sawdust.
don't make me draw another line.

midwayfair

duck_arse, those look great! It's been a while since I saw something of yours boxed up. Lots of schematics in the meantime, though :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

deadastronaut

@mr ducks bum: very cool  boxes man... 8) 8) 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

again thank you. I should point out that "the scrolling" mentioned above was actually me jerking the wood up and down against the saw blade.

this whole situation was predited/caused by electron tornado :

Quote from: Electron Tornado on January 17, 2014, 02:16:54 PM
After having a look around and talking with some people involved in the business end of pedals and amps, etc, here's another prediction. The trend probably began in 2013, but anyway.....

Used pedal will begin to dominate the market. New pedal sales from big names and boutique brands will drop off steadily except for a small portion of  professional and "serious" musicians. Demand for modifications will also decline as musicians will decide to simply buy another pedal that will do what they want for the price of some mods. The community of DIYers will continue at present levels of activity.

As cyclic as trends are, and the fact that some trends have an element of "anti-" whatever the last craze was, I won't be too surprised if there's another acoustic, or "anti-pedal", or folk, or "unplugged" trend somewhere around the corner. If or when that happens, however, not everyone on that bandwagon will completely leave pedals behind.

bandwagons, HO!

Perrow

Quote from: duck_arse on February 23, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
and it doesn't matter how or how many guide lines you draw, the saw just goes somewhere.

This.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Jdansti

Hats off to you, Duck!  It's good to see old fashioned hand labor. I have to admit that I'd probably botch a job like that. Your work looks very clean and symetric.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

diydave

Since I suck at graphics, i took to comics from my favorite magazine.
Some glue, some sciccors, some clearcout... and done.

This is a "Cowboy Henk silicone rangemaster" with toneswitch.

duck_arse

dave - is henk's bearded friend wearing fishnets and a skirt? and is henk dancing or avoiding friend's goose?

Luke51411

Quote from: diydave on February 25, 2015, 07:33:04 AM
Since I suck at graphics, i took to comics from my favorite magazine.
Some glue, some sciccors, some clearcout... and done.

This is a "Cowboy Henk silicone rangemaster" with toneswitch.

Cool idea! looks great.
Uhh... what's happening in the middle frame on the bottom cover... Wait, I don't want to know.

diydave

Quotedave - is henk's bearded friend wearing fishnets and a skirt? and is henk dancing or avoiding friend's goose?

Comics are by the hands of Kamagurka and Her Seele, two absurdist multi-artists (Kamagurka for sure). Check google.

QuoteUhh... what's happening in the middle frame on the bottom cover... Wait, I don't want to know.

The translation is: "and the nose is folded in two". Very obvious I should say.

Filip

Ever since  I first saw the Fuzz Factory I have been thinking "why don't more people put this inside a 1590A box, that would be awesome!", now I know why! This is my second completed build ever so you can imagine the struggle trying to fit everything inside that tiny box.

Inspired by the original I went with a hand painted theme on this one. (The red stuff under the knobs are actually the labels for the knobs, also hand painted, in real life you can actually, kind of, see what they are saying.)

And it has a UFO!

midwayfair

Great squeeze, Filip! And lovely hand painting. :)
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

vigilante397

Quote from: Filip on February 26, 2015, 03:38:42 PM

I have been slowly trying to replace all the pedals on my board with smaller versions, which is obviously leading into some 1590As, and I was literally just thinking this morning about putting my Fuzz Factory into one Do we get to see a gut shot? :D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

diydave

The Marilyn Manson Fuzz of Doom.... or it should be.
Picture really is Marilyn Manson, but now it's not that obvious now  :(.

Fuzz circuit out of bc108 and 2n7000 with a fet boost in front if it. The boost can be engaged / disengaged by the flipping the switch.

Green led which resides under the image (not on the picture) gives manson a nice green pimple :-)

italianguy63

Is he "vouging"?  Seriously.  :)

Nice work! 
MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Filip

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 26, 2015, 06:13:11 PM

I have been slowly trying to replace all the pedals on my board with smaller versions, which is obviously leading into some 1590As, and I was literally just thinking this morning about putting my Fuzz Factory into one Do we get to see a gut shot? :D

Well, this is not something I'm proud of, but it is working. :) I actually fried the first led I was using so I did a rewire of that one and isolated the open connections better than what can be seen in this picture.

peterg

[/quote]

Filip. Well done!

duck_arse

is it an odd thing, the way many of us aren't proud "because of ....", or par for the course? something like that on yr second go, we look forward to seeing what you are proud of.

it's nice to see manson wit something jambing his gob. he has a touch of the charlies wit that switch in his forehead.

Luke51411

Quote from: Filip on February 27, 2015, 08:16:05 AM
Quote from: vigilante397 on February 26, 2015, 06:13:11 PM

Well, this is not something I'm proud of, but it is working. :) I actually fried the first led I was using so I did a rewire of that one and isolated the open connections better than what can be seen in this picture.

Really good for a second build especially! I still haven't ventured to put more than 1 pot in a 1590a and I've built 4 or 5 of them now. I'm still working up the courage to do a 3 knobber. haha.