News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diydave

This is not a Chorus  ;)

Not true bypass, but with a fet-switch (small board left)

bluebunny

Quote from: diydave on March 30, 2015, 07:38:20 AM
This is not a Chorus  ;)

Oooh, enigmatic!   :D   Nice build.  Always good to see a bit of wood.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

yes it is... ;D

nice.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: bluebunny on March 30, 2015, 03:24:16 AM
Quote from: vigilante397 on March 29, 2015, 08:31:53 PM
I can't breathe .......  :icon_eek:

Blow.  Suck.  Repeat.    :icon_biggrin:

Quote from: bluebunny on March 30, 2015, 07:43:21 AM
This is not a Chorus  ;)

Oooh, enigmatic!   :D   Nice build.  Always good to see a bit of wood.

Am I the only one with concerns for bunny this morning? lol. why is my mind always in the gutter?

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

deadastronaut

hmmmm....maybe it's a cry for help... ;D

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

midwayfair

This is my tap tempo build of the new Cardinal -- and it's mine, ALL MINE.

Despite the small size (made for a 125B with any orientation or jack location), I managed to fit the optical bypass on-board. It uses a simple NPN/PNP complementary pair provide out of phase PWM signals. I used concentric pots to stack the rate and wave distort on top of the divider and waveform controls. The Rate LED is a dual LED that pans green to red :)

Smart cookies will notice that I forgot to paint a 16th note. I added it after I took the picture and noticed. :)

The art references my Sakura amp.

The schematic for this version will be up in the build thread for the new version as soon as I have time to film a demo.

Although I did a ton of research into wahs before building this, with the intention of making some sort of super wah in the end, I decided to just build it to mostly vintage specs and added the extras from the Weener.

Joe Gagan was super incredibly nice and sent me one of his Smooth pots and a replacement rack to use after I had some technical difficulties (manufacturing error combined with some weirdness in this wah enclosure), and I'm happy to report that it's hands-down the best sweep I've gotten to play with in a wah. It has more aspects of the Vox (which I prefer to a crybaby) without being way too spread out like an ICAR, and the sweep is HUGE. I got to about 2 gear teeth away from the entire sweep of the wah pot.

I used one of the small 4-position rotaries to add a "super double chubby" mode (it's the small + large caps from the Weener's 3-position). I used a 2N5485 for the boost to get less distortion; I only wanted the boost to add a tiny bump, without being entirely clean.

I also really like the sound of the Yellow Fasel. RG's right, it really does have some magic.

I added optical bypass so I could have an LED with the good Carling switch. It's held against the enclosure with double sided foam tape and clipped leads. Doesn't move at all. :)

The art has a trumpet, in honor of Mr. McCoy.

I'm really pleased with it overall.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

garcho

QuoteI decided to just build it to mostly vintage specs

They got there first  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

MovingInSloMo

Quote from: midwayfair on March 30, 2015, 09:06:25 AM

Although I did a ton of research into wahs before building this, with the intention of making some sort of super wah in the end, I decided to just build it to mostly vintage specs and added the extras from the Weener.

Joe Gagan was super incredibly nice and sent me one of his Smooth pots and a replacement rack to use after I had some technical difficulties (manufacturing error combined with some weirdness in this wah enclosure), and I'm happy to report that it's hands-down the best sweep I've gotten to play with in a wah. It has more aspects of the Vox (which I prefer to a crybaby) without being way too spread out like an ICAR, and the sweep is HUGE. I got to about 2 gear teeth away from the entire sweep of the wah pot.

I used one of the small 4-position rotaries to add a "super double chubby" mode (it's the small + large caps from the Weener's 3-position). I used a 2N5485 for the boost to get less distortion; I only wanted the boost to add a tiny bump, without being entirely clean.

I also really like the sound of the Yellow Fasel. RG's right, it really does have some magic.

I added optical bypass so I could have an LED with the good Carling switch. It's held against the enclosure with double sided foam tape and clipped leads. Doesn't move at all. :)

The art has a trumpet, in honor of Mr. McCoy.

I'm really pleased with it overall.

What PCB did you use?

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

bluebunny

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on March 30, 2015, 08:43:29 AM
Am I the only one with concerns for bunny this morning?

Bunny's doing just fine.  Thank you for your concern.   :D

why is my mind always in the gutter?

Hmmm...  Tell me about your childhood...    :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

~arph

Here is one I just finished.
It's another one of the five in one pedals.

in-->Optical compressor--> Box of rock --> Axial Fuzz --> Rub-a-dub --> SHO --> out
                                  |----------------|     |-----------|                      |---------|
                                        drive                   fuzz                                boost

I just saw I took really crappy photo's.. oh well.

duck_arse

This is not a Chorus  ;)

Not true bypass, but with a fet-switch (small board left)

people! I can't believe no-one else noted or commented on the vinyl. with wood and a home bent, I was hardly going to miss the chance. I should find that grey one I did .....

and if not a chorus, what is it?
don't make me draw another line.

vigilante397

Quote from: apollomusicservice on March 31, 2015, 09:41:12 AM

That artwork hurts my brain when I stare at it :icon_eek: But I love it :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

garcho

@diydave

YES! love the Moogerfooger look (no offense, just the first thing that came to mind), bravo!

@Arnoud

you just keep on doing it man, bravo! slick looking multi FX
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

deadastronaut

Quote from: garcho on March 31, 2015, 10:46:40 AM

@Arnoud

you just keep on doing it man, bravo! slick looking multi FX

+1000 very cool... 8) 8) 8)

@apollo...love the etched tube protector , nice touch. 8)

glops

First build of the year!

snarblinge

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

bloxstompboxes

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

fatfoohy

Just finished my latest batch.  And I brought gutshots this time!

FLB-Funky Looking Beats: A bass modded Nurse Quacky with a resonance switch and a decay control

Squealer: A bass modded Tube Screamer with a bass boost switch for the clipping circuit, silicon/diode switch, and then a switchable Mole after everything for some added boost and thickness

True Grit: A Superheated SHO with a volume control

La Presse Francais: A good old Orange Squeezer, coffee themed for a friend

having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!