News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lyman

Beautiful PeterG, I bet it sounds great!
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Tomgunlim

Hai. I have been watching this page for so long and had been inspired so much.
So, here some of my simple builds. On perfboard. Not very clean build, I keep learning.

1 - proco rat 86. I add a switch to chose between Si or Ge diodes. I socketed the Ge diodes to test out any kind of diodes.

2. A jordan vico vibe tremolo.

bloxstompboxes

Very nice Tom. I put some really big knobs just like those on your Rat, but way bigger, on a SD-1 clone I made over a year ago. I really need to go back and redo the enclosure on it. Decal was horrid. Knobs were used and purchased as part of a pack from Electronics Goldmine. I like 'em.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

peterg

Thanks Ben. Yes it does sound good. I'm very satisfied with it.

duck_arse

Quote from: Tomgunlim on October 10, 2015, 02:04:15 PM
Hai. I have been watching this page for so long and had been inspired so much.
So, here some of my simple builds....
2. A jordan vico vibe tremolo.

very nice indeed. is that the standard vicovibe circuit?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Tomgunlim

@bloxstompboxes: thanks.  those are the most common knob in my area. Yea, they have 3 sizes, mine are the smallest one. About redoing enclosure.... I believe that everytime I look at many builds on this site .... I always want to redo my enclosure. Haha...

@duct_arse: thanks. I dont think it's the standard one. Caps had changed to 220n. I follow this site's layout. http://effectslayouts.blogspot.co.id

noobamp

Yeah that is gorgeous work. i love clean guts like those.....
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

storyboardist

Nice work tomgun!

Quote from: duck_arse on October 11, 2015, 09:29:45 AM
is that the standard vicovibe circuit?

It follows this schem by LucifersTrip

Tomgunlim

Quote from: storyboardist on October 12, 2015, 12:29:58 PM
Nice work tomgun!

It follows this schem by LucifersTrip

Hai David, thanks. And once again thank you for your blog, its fantastic blog. Great layouts and I enjoy it so much. Now I'm building super OCD and red llama.

Benoi31

Here is my Klon centaur clone (Aion electronics refractor) :

I used an inkstamp for the centaur (and a bit of sharpie / hand painting with China ink)

D9E diodes for extra mojo points maybe?

I also wrote an article about it on my blog, trying to compile all my Klon knowledge, if you see any mistake or things you would like to add, tell me!
http://www.coda-effects.com/2015/09/klon-centaur-clone-and-mods-aion.html

Ben Lyman

Here's my humble entry, I call it "The Bosu"
it's a Jordan Bosstone, the switch adds an extra
input cap for a different flavor

-S. Vai

dxinteractive

Here's one I just finished, a pretty simple combination of a v3 bazz fuzz (with the mpsa13) and a standard npn silicon fuzzface. Added a tone pot to dial back lows on the input, a switch to toggle between the two effects (the led next to "BAZZFUZZ" or "FUZZFACE" lights up depending on which effect is engaged), added a trimpot before the fuzzface to smooth the sound out, replaced the 8.2K resistor in the fuzzface with a choke pot to make everything woofy / splatty if so desired. Got tired of doing a poor job of more professional painting techniques, so went with some paint markers - much more fun!

Please excuse my poor wiring skills - at least it works though.

duck_arse

now I can see the benco!

and that bazzface looks great, even with those knobs. and it'll never overheat with all that ventillation. if you hadn't said "pens", I never woulda thort it, it looks too good for by-hand. well, by my hand, certainly.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

jimilee

Gargaman

"My profile pic was stolen!"

garcho

i love paint markers! maybe time for a new pictures thread...
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Ben Lyman

Wow! Those look great! I need to learn more about these...as you call them... "paint pens" 
:icon_question: Do they sell them at Home Depot and/or Ace Hardware?
:icon_question: Can I spray a box, write w/paint pen, then clear coat?
                                                                          -S. Vai

vigilante397

Quote from: Ben Lyman on October 19, 2015, 11:36:53 AM

I think so, I got mine at the local arts/crafts store
That's the way to do it, just make sure the spraypaint is fully dry before using the pen, then make sure the pen is fully dry before clearcoat. I recommend baking between each layer of painting, but it will work fine without it.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Gargaman

Quote from: vigilante397 on October 19, 2015, 12:20:31 PM
Quote from: Ben Lyman on October 19, 2015, 11:36:53 AM

I think so, I got mine at the local arts/crafts store
That's the way to do it, just make sure the spraypaint is fully dry before using the pen, then make sure the pen is fully dry before clearcoat. I recommend baking between each layer of painting, but it will work fine without it.

That's how I'm doing this. Not sure if it's the best option, but seems to work fine, if you think about layers. Fully dry is really important before each layer of paint, different colors and then the pen as a final layer, before clear coat.

Guerrilha Vibe (Magnavibe)
no sharpie pens at all

does any one knows a quick way to put smaller images?
"My profile pic was stolen!"

bluebunny

Quote from: Guerrilha Music on October 19, 2015, 01:07:00 PM
does any one knows a quick way to put smaller images?

Um, resize them first on your PC/tablet?   :)   (There are so many software choices, I won't even start to mention any...)

Nice build, btw.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...