News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathexis

Waterslide and regular clearcoat. Envirotex is on my list of things I need to try...

duck_arse

Quote from: mth5044 on December 01, 2015, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: cathexis on December 01, 2015, 08:06:33 AM

I know a few people will get mad seeing this so many times, but it's alright, it's a fantastic looking pedal.

Wanted to ask how you finished it? Is that waterslide and envirotex?

seeing as we've turned another page, I'll bring this across, is that ok? it is vrr nice.

and hatred - can we see this switch of yours? (mmmm, sauerkraut and pigs ears .....)
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Hatredman

Quote from: duck_arse on December 02, 2015, 08:45:06 AM
and hatred - can we see this switch of yours? (mmmm, sauerkraut and pigs ears .....)

I haven't got any around here (cobwebs cover my electronics stuff) but they usually look like this one, only they're DPDT:

The image is not the real thing, just the closest one I've found in a quick googling.

I also used old AT PC power switches, I still have a bag full of them. They break a lot (plastic...) but if you provide Cornish-like protection doghnuts, they do the job:

Edit: of course, they are not DPDT...

These ones are cute, but I never found anything resembling that here in Brazil:

Sorry for not posting my own images, I'm not at home.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

bean

Today is sequencer day!

~arph

A friend of mine is a luthier and we have this thing that he builds a guitar and I build a matching pedal.
So here is the latest duo

The dark side:

The pedal is deadastronauts excellent Spitfire Mk III.
And yes it is entirely possible to do binding on a pedal!

The light side

(yes that is a tiny R2D2 for the tone knob)

The pedal is my prototype Ringdroid 2. Ringmodulator pedal for all the droid sounds you need. (it does manual, sample&hold and anvelope up/down)

As for guts, I don't have proper photos of them, but they are not as nice as the outside  :icon_mrgreen:

stallik

Love the look of both guitars and pedals. Does the luthier have a web presence?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

~arph

absolutely:   www.vincentguitars.com
btw, I see they are featured on the website of a dutch guitar mag too now.

http://www.gitarist.nl/nieuws/artikel/3-15313/star-wars-gitaren

Oh and @deadastro: I will not be selling your design commercially. (i have no intentions to be a commercial builder)

Luke51411

Quote from: ~arph on December 03, 2015, 04:23:53 AM
A friend of mine is a luthier and we have this thing that he builds a guitar and I build a matching pedal.
So here is the latest duo

The dark side:

Woah!... wow... those are amazing guitars and pedals!

bloxstompboxes

I change my mind, this is now the coolest thing I have ever seen!

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Marcos - Munky

After all those beautiful looking boxes, here's something ugly and simple :icon_razz:. A Double D I finished yesterday. This is my 2nd 1590B, and the enclosure was a gift from a friend. The first one was Tycobrahe Octavia for this same friend. He cutted the enclosure, and I used a piece of plexiglass to cover the hole. And even it have way more space than a 1590A (which is what I'm using for my builds), it was hard to fit everything inside  :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

Hatredman

Who told you it's ugly?

Any chance of a gutshot?
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Marcos - Munky

No gutshots, if I open it the wires may move and it'll oscilate  :icon_lol:

gtudoran

Work in progress, programmable switcher:

- 4 TB loops
- 8 presets in 2 banks
- MIDI OUT and MIDI IN

GiovannyS10

Quote from: gtudoran on December 05, 2015, 09:59:25 AM

- 4 TB loops
- 8 presets in 2 banks
- MIDI OUT and MIDI IN

Nice! Its a arduino nano? You have efx or is only a switch? You made the efx with arduino or only the control of banks? I liked, i would want to make something like this.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

tyzjames

Built some of these (fully programmable) midi controllers. Still looking a bit raw and working on refining the design.

gtudoran

Giovanny is only a switching system. To skip right to the action go to min. 4:20 general presentation / editing / saving presets etc. and min. 9:30 for MIDI applications

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLn2algR-tA

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on December 07, 2015, 01:32:42 PM
Quote from: gtudoran on December 05, 2015, 09:59:25 AM

- 4 TB loops
- 8 presets in 2 banks
- MIDI OUT and MIDI IN

Nice! Its a arduino nano? You have efx or is only a switch? You made the efx with arduino or only the control of banks? I liked, i would want to make something like this.

GiovannyS10

Thank for answer gtudoran! I really liked your project!  ;)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

cathexis

Here's a famous five-knob fuzzbox with an added SWTC tone control (courtesy of Mark Hammer), a fat switch (based on a suggestion from Joe Gagan) and an instant-oscillations-footswitch of my own humble device :)

This pedal is custom made for this artist: https://youtu.be/bqt6PtJHOCI More here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3YtKJbGU42AQSfIKtOWyvF

garcho

^ is that a faceplate? looks great! rhymes even.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"