Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtudoran

My 555 charge pump

bluebunny

Quote from: Buildtestrepeat on May 23, 2016, 06:54:19 AM
. . . and used the cheapest gold rattle can paint I could find.  He loves it.

I can see why.  Nice finish.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

hylandren

Quote from: balkanizeyou on May 22, 2016, 09:26:38 PM

The final effect may not be that bad, but it comes after using tons of nail varnish to mask the deficiencies of my toner transferring.

Don't feel bad about that. A lot of guys who get good transfers still use nail varnish. I am a bit obsessive with it. Any place that doesn't get etched get varnish. I can't stand accidental pits.

Quote from: balkanizeyou on May 22, 2016, 09:26:38 PM
I still cannot get consistent results - once I think I've nailed the exact heat setting of the iron and ironing time and I try to repeat, it always turns out like crap.
Also thank you for the link, I've already seen that tutorial (and a lot of others), I do everything as they say and still cannot get the freaking toner to stick properly! Maybe it has something to do with the paper I'm using (it's from some color magazines) so I'll try something else like photo paper
Sounds pretty much like the problems I was having until I switched to the HP presentation paper that Cody suggests in that link. Made a WORLD of difference.
I am a photographer, so I tried and tried to make photo paper work for me, since I have tons of it laying around. But it just wasn't consistent for me. The HP presentation paper worked better than anything else I have tried and, best of all, its pretty cheap and readily available. Give it a try.

balkanizeyou

Sounds good!
I'll get this HP presentation paper (hope it's available in my country) and I'll also get a few sheets of photo paper and compare the results. Thanks for the idea!

Giglawyer

Here's an Animato I built with a blend circuit.  Really great tones out of this one.

And the guts...

Check out my builds - http://www.giglawyer.com

thermionix

Gregg, how did you do the lettering?  Decals?  Dry transfer?

Did you get rid of the squeal?  I see you spread the wires out a bit.

Giglawyer

The lettering is just a waterslide decal with clear coat.  It did finish up rather nicely. 

The squeal is still there.  You can completely eliminate it with the trimpot, but that takes the gain down too far for me.  So, I shipped it off (made this for a friend) with instructions to either keep the volume and the distortion down below 9:00 (which still leaves LOTS of room to play with) or to adjust the trimpot to eliminate the squeal.  He's going to toy with it and let me know.

Check out my builds - http://www.giglawyer.com

Jamdog

Not exactly an effects pedal, but I built a passive mixer so the kids and I may all connect to the same amp.

The enclosure used to be an Internet router that hasn't been used in years. 

I am happy with the end result.
-Jamdog

jimilee

Quote from: Jamdog on May 31, 2016, 11:37:25 PM
Not exactly an effects pedal, but I built a passive mixer so the kids and I may all connect to the same amp.

Fantastic, that's the spirit of diy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamdog

Quote from: jimilee on June 01, 2016, 01:38:26 PM
Quote from: Jamdog on May 31, 2016, 11:37:25 PM

Fantastic, that's the spirit of diy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot.  It works great and I didn't even need to go to the store to make it.

I cut the pot shafts and added knobs. Looks quite good IMHO.

And it's pretty useful.
-Jamdog

balkanizeyou

I'm still waiting for my HP presentation paper to arrive so my etching process still leaves a lot to be desired, but here's my newest one - it's a 3-knob silicon tonebender and it's pretty pink:

and some guts:

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Nice build.   :icon_cool:

Quote from: balkanizeyou on June 07, 2016, 02:22:35 PM

I see you went for the "Barbie" mods.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

Marcos - Munky

I guess you've spent too much time at mt. moon  :icon_lol:

chuckd666

Dude I'm not gonna lie I @#$%ing love that pink interior. Reminds me of a vintage car that Jayne Mansfield would have driven or something.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER

balkanizeyou

Please don't kill me guys, I only had pink paint at hand so it kinda forced the whole design idea :icon_lol:
But in the end I like the juxtaposition of a loud, high-gain pedal with the pinky guts

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on June 07, 2016, 10:30:29 PM
I guess you've spent too much time at mt. moon  :icon_lol:
Those damn zubats!  :icon_evil:

Cozybuilder

Add this to the list of things we love that are pink on the inside.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Finom1

Quote from: Strategy on May 16, 2013, 10:20:17 AM
Quote from: Kev77 on May 16, 2013, 08:49:29 AM

Can anyone identify the slanted enclosure here? Where can I get one, or sim.?

it's by LMB Heeger - www.iprojectbox.com

strategy
[/quote]

Thank you for this site. I have been looking for this type of enclosure.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: Cozybuilder on June 08, 2016, 10:34:26 AM
Add this to the list of things we love that are pink on the inside.

You perv, lol.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.