News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Quote from: vigilante397 on July 06, 2016, 01:17:11 AM
@Darron, I love your stuff. I have seen every single picture you have posted on here (I'm pretty creepy sometimes) and I love everything.

Thanks heaps! That gives me a good boost.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

skullservant

Quote from: vigilante397 on July 04, 2016, 09:28:26 PM
@skullservant, I always love your artwork. I'm pretty sure I asked before, and you said you do it by hand with an engraving tool, correct? Your hands are much steadier than mine :P

Hey, thanks! :Yeah, its all Dremel!l

bluebunny

I eventually got around to building this Rangemaster.  It's one of the first boards I bought - from madbean - years ago.  And a charge pump board from Fuzz Dog (very handy!).  This is also a try-out for one of the finished boxes from Tayda.  Not bad.

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Zapp Brannigan

Ho-ho-ho, guys, meet the creeper  :icon_evil:
Some explanations: the thing is Ge-transistor dist\fuzz, transistors are GC101, the switch is for changing capacity of input cap 100 nf- 320 nf - 570 nf. Input buffer is made of kp103l1/kp103i, then come three GC101 cascades and after that a source follower (kp103i/10kOhm) and a single-knob tonestack and volume knob. If someone likes the sound, the schematic is available, just whistle.

And the sounf of...er...the thing:

https://soundcloud.com/mikemp-1/untitled-8

gtudoran

Latest addition to the store

dynotouch

controls relocation

last pic shows it in it's stock form - as some may agree... a loathsome and arduous task to fiddle around with the controls and hard on the fingers too. (especialy concentric)

vigilante397

This is one I built a while ago and had forgotten about until my friend brought it back asking if I could build another one :P It's a Dumbloid built on veroboard using the tagboardeffects layouts. This was when I was still getting the hang of the CNC and I thought it would be cool to engrave the tops of the knobs. Not likely to try that again :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

idiot savant

Was able to finish this one recently:

Another synth style circuit appropriated for guitar. It's a OTA booster, coupled with a manually gated AD generator for a swell effect.

I did very minimal work on this, It's based on a VCA design using the "Walter Jung trick" for the current source/sink. The AD envelope generator was modified from a Ray Wilson MFOS circuit.

MrStab

not a build, but couldn't find an appropriate place to post this gaffe. tsk!

Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

duck_arse

this is the correct place for a gaff, gov:

don't make me draw another line.

MrStab

Image link corrected. For now...
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

darron

Les Lius / Electra Distortion clone:

couldn't be bothered with a layout that needed lots of wire preparation work, so yeah.

contact me if you'd like a copy of the PCB layout / schematic / eagle

davent

Looks great Darron!

Back filling the etch?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

darron

Quote from: davent on July 26, 2016, 12:11:53 AM
Looks great Darron!

Back filling the etch?

dave

yeah. it's a real pain i the bum process, but working with what i've got i really like the results.

it's powder coating, then clear on top, then laser engraving, then fill with black a couple of times and VERY carefully sand it. then a final clear powder coat on top. so it's baked in the oven half a dozen times and there's a lot to screw up on the way lol. stacking layers too make it tricky to stop it from snapping where the enclosure contacts with the lid, so i need to sand in between each time and flatten it out.

duck_arse

darron - a joy to behold, so many straight lines! an ocd-er's dream. that east-west resistor musta hurt .
don't make me draw another line.

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on July 26, 2016, 11:07:55 AM
that east-west resistor musta hurt .

Aah!  My eyes!  My eyes!                                                          :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

roseblood11

Quote from: Jamdog on May 22, 2016, 07:35:05 PM
Not exactly a stomper,  but used to power them.

38.7Ah of rechargeable power.

What kind of battery is that?

Jamdog

Quote from: roseblood11 on July 29, 2016, 06:25:16 PM

It'd custom-ordered lithium ion cells.
-Jamdog

Jamdog

Quote from: Jamdog on July 29, 2016, 07:46:48 PM
Quote from: roseblood11 on July 29, 2016, 06:25:16 PM

It'd custom-ordered lithium ion cells.
For the records,  I am still running on the same charge now as I was when this post was originally made.
-Jamdog