News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

I am waiting for someone to take the battery out of a Prius and run effects on it.  And possibly the entire amplifier.

bamslam69

I'm just wondering what kind of music that prius owner would listen to... I probably wouldn't like it.
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

Perrow

Quote from: darron on July 26, 2016, 12:07:26 AM

I'm tired, it took me minutes to work out the wiring of the Boost switch (the left one in the gut shot).

Impressive build, really like it.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

amptramp

Quote from: bamslam69 on July 31, 2016, 07:37:23 PM
I'm just wondering what kind of music that prius owner would listen to... I probably wouldn't like it.

Progressive Vegetarian Grindcore - don't laugh, there are tons of Google entries about it.  But you are right, you probably wouldn't like it.

thermionix

I'm just wondering what kind of music that prius owner would listen to...

John Mayer, obviously.  In between NPR podcasts.

duck_arse

Quote from: thermionix on August 01, 2016, 01:59:35 PM

woody guthrie. or green day.
don't make me draw another line.

bamslam69

Four Non Blondes. Nickelback for when they're feeling amped up in traffic. Maybe a bit of James Blunt for those cruisy Sunday drives.
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

KurbadsLV

Das Tremolo from Musikding.de. The design featured a 9v input only, no battery, so I added it myself. But now I understand the reason. It eats up battery like a monster. Few minutes of playing and it starts to quiet down noticeably. Then after letting it sit for a few minutes it's good for a few minutes of playing again (I wonder if I've done some wiring wrong when adding a battery to the design. It is a possibility since I'm a beginner. Maybe someone has an idea?) But for now - 9v adapter for this baby it is. Battery only as a backup. Oh, btw, the blue should glow in UV light, haven't checked it yet. :)

italianguy63

Quote from: duck_arse on August 02, 2016, 10:38:32 AM
Quote from: thermionix on August 01, 2016, 01:59:35 PM

woody guthrie. or green day.

St. Vincent.
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Bill Mountain

Here's some picks of my latest build.  Not finished yet but 99% there and good enough for some jams coming up.

The etch was done for me. I just drilled it and built it.

I'm basically just building the same pedal over and over trying to perfect the build along the way.

Still not sure how I want to the battery long term.

Been using J.B. Weld but may try some foam instead with this one.

I've also been thinking of using a battery box or making a bracket that comes off of the foot switch.

Ben Lyman

Great looking builds everyone! It's been a long time since I made a pedal, my own pedal board is very satisfactorily complete but I just finished this one for someone else. He asked for an Ibanez SD-9 but neither of us were happy with the results and it morphed into something different. I call it the Voltondis

"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Mario44

Here is my latest build - a simple mixer for bass. It's designed to combine signal paths comming from two bass guitar pickups.

duck_arse

Quote from: Mario44 on August 13, 2016, 06:28:02 AM
Here is my latest build - a simple mixer for bass. It's designed to combine signal paths comming from two bass guitar pickups.

ohhh, I'd like to think those caps were 100nF and 1uF, then you'd have an E1 range build. on second thought, is 0R in the E1?

it's anice looking thing, tho.

Mario44

The caps are 100n(1206 short),  1u(1206 tall) and 10u(0805).
Quotethen you'd have an E1 range build. on second thought, is 0R in the E1?
What do You mean by E1?

duck_arse

the E12 range - 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.7, 3.3, 3.9, 4.7, 5.6, 6.8, 8.2. each of those per decade, from pico to Mega (as applicable), caps, resistors, inductors. E24 - same, with 12 extra values.

E1 range consists of 1.0 in each decade.

Mario44

Oh, ok. Now I get it. So they are in E1 range and 0 resistor is just a simple jumper in SMD package, so I think they are in any E range.

janoacevedo

Humboldt Wood pedals :)

Focalized

Old unfinished now finished. MKII. Bosstone. Wah.

Gargaman

Really inspiring builds as always!
I'm not proud of this finish. I was trying the hydro-dip techique and... :o
maybe next time. any tips?

"My profile pic was stolen!"