News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

^^^

That looks great!  The colour mix looks appropriately random.  I would be proud to step on that!

Kipper4

Great stuff Bill, Ben and Gabriel.
Love them.
I can't see the big picture between it'll probably take days to upload.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

kaycee

A couple of recent builds,

Harald Sabro's Klon rework, The Workhorse. Reverse snobbery stopped me building a Klon-a-like for a long time, but I do like this a lot now that I have.

Colorsound Tremolo, on the tagboard vero.

Mosrite, Fuzzrite - standard, on vero

Gargaman

^
very cool woody finish, kc
how did you that?
regards
"My profile pic was stolen!"

kaycee

Thanks GM.

The Workhorse has a wood veneer glued to the face, the sides are alcohol inks. I usually stain the veneers with wood dye to make the grain show up. I worked in a furniture factory about 30 years ago and brought home some scraps which I'm still using today for various craft things.

The tremolo is just a rather thick bronze paint applied by brush, I like the texture, there is silver paint sponge printed above the controls. Someone was asking about easy finishes, alcohol inks, sponge printing and stamping are all easy ways to add an artistic finish if you are fed up swearing at transfers (decals, y'all's)😀

gtudoran

A small classic tube preamp based on a very famous bass preamp (preamp that was inspired by the Fender Dual Showman) - 1 x 12AX7 @ 300V, with some added features:

– separate gain and volume controls will enable you to enter in the overdrive domain, so you can keep a decent output volume and get that pumped tone.
– high-voltage FET buffer (optional)

upload gifs

cpayne1

Hi everyone, first post for me and first build as well.  I don't think I made it easy on myself and the finish isn't great, but proud for a first go!

EDIT: also thanks to Paul from diyguitarpedals for the amazing videos that helped me get started

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGhzS1GbX-yxyBrUJtnUMoA
Webstore: http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/diyguitarpedalscomau/?fref=ts

Madbean Green Bean (with mods) with some homemade stick figure drawings:
[/url]

image upload with preview[/img]

duck_arse

welcome aboard, cpayne1. any finished is a good finish. and it looks pretty good.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

Here are a couple I finished last month, but neglected to take photos of.

First up is a DOD 250 on my own vero layout:

Next is Merlin's Equinox II reverb on a TH Custom board:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

thermionix

Quote from: duck_arse on August 24, 2016, 11:08:33 AM
welcome aboard, cpayne1. any finished is a good finish. and it looks pretty good.

Pauline Hanson

bamslam69

Glad I made the connection before asking "please explain".
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

duck_arse

speak not that name!

nice looking boxes, blue.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Perrow

Quote from: bluebunny on August 24, 2016, 04:06:47 PM
Here are a couple I finished last month, but neglected to take photos of.

Considering that you didn't take photos of them, the pictures looks really good  :icon_mrgreen:
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bluebunny

LOL!    ;D

Quote from: me
Here are a couple I finished last month, but neglected to take photos of...

...until now!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deafbutpicky

A VT911 makeover: It started as a mod... till nothing was left but box, switch, jacks and the tube...
The red button is a gain boost, changing the bias and impedance of the tube stages (and the tubes color ;) ).

stoiker

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker and decided to sign up a few weeks ago because of a faulty Big Muff build. Here are some of my latest builds:

Madbean Cave Dweller (old version)

4ms Noise Swash mini (not that mini at all)

Parasit Studios Into the Unknown

GiovannyS10

So far i tried to build the Into the Unknown... Without success...  :icon_eek: Not matter what i do it never worked... I breadboarded a lot of times... So i gave up.  ;D Nice pedals I liked the paint of the Cave Dweller. You you could do this effect?
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

stoiker

Thanks. It's just some red and yellow enamel paint mixed by tapping the shit out of it with a small paintbrush.
Bummer you couldn't finish your Into the Unknown. It's really rad. I thought about doing it on vero (like most of my other builds), but decided to get myself the printed PCB.

vigilante397

I highly recommend Into the Unknown. I have built an embarrassing number of them :P It's definitely one I would say is worth buying the PCB for. Partially because it's a very well made and brilliantly laid out PCB that makes the build almost insultingly easy, and also because it supports the amazing freppo, who I definitely think deserves to be paid for his awesome work.  8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

mth5044