SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

The DM-2 with ghetto box art.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bloxstompboxes

Nice Kipper. What are you using for your artwork? Doesn't look like a decal. I have often wondered if there are stick on labels that would fit our different enclosure sizes. You know like the Avery address labels, only just the right size for a 1590B, 125B, etc.

Seems there might be. I'll have to look into this in the morning.

http://www.avery.com/weprint/landing.shtml?wpc=Now10&int_id=banner-TSWPstepsNow10-weprintlp

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Kipper4

Hi Eric Thanks
It is a sticker. I buy A4 size self adhesive vinyl inkjet stickers and cut them out with a guillotine. They are almost as thin as a decal. I belive its possible to get transparent ones too.

Before cutting I spray with a thin coat of clear coat to fix the inks or they rub off.
I usually make a black and white paper template from the same designs but with all the drill x hairs on them. Use a craft knife to mark the boxs through the template. Drill and file if needs be. Paint the boxs when needed.
Peel the backing off the label and stick it on. More clearcoat
I found if i clearcoated the boxs before applying the labels the label sat on the clearcoat for a while then peeled off with time.
I started out at the very start using self adhesive photo paper but had lots of problems with it.
It's not a 5 min procces but I'm getting good lasting results.
All artwork is done in Coral Draw (vector) program. Similar to inkscape.

Grey Paper.

bloxstompboxes

Now that I have slept, I think I have asked the same question before and you answered the same. lol. Either way, good looking pedal.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Kipper4

Your welcome Eric.

Grey Paper.

hylandren

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on October 10, 2016, 01:08:40 AM
I have often wondered if there are stick on labels that would fit our different enclosure sizes. You know like the Avery address labels, only just the right size for a 1590B, 125B, etc.

Man, what an idea!
If there aren't any already, I would think one of the suppliers who cater to stompbox builders could remedy that quite profitably....

balkanizeyou

Gus had a great idea of using power transistors in a FF-like circuit because of it's high internal capacitance and low hFE and came up with a great circuit, duck_arse modified it a bit and I made some slight but crappy adjustments:
Quote from: duck_arsegain pot (gain? really?)
and here it is! Sounds really great (the gain pot? why?), but I still suck at taking photos (the knobs are temporary until I find some better ones):

EDIT: sorry, the previously posted history of this circuit was incorrect - all credit goes to Gus, also thanks to duck for helping me with this

Cozybuilder

Good looking Guzz Fase box, but gutz or it didn't happen   :icon_razz:
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

balkanizeyou

I'm to embarassed to post the guts because they're messy as usual, but here's some vintage czechoslovakian mojo:

Cozybuilder

It happened  ;D. Good job, you have a working pedal that looks great. Perf board is harder to work with than it looks. The soldering I can see looks good.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

bloxstompboxes

Ok, here she is. My latest build, thomeeque's 9V MN3207 Electric Mistress flanger. My first enclosure done with inkscape. It is meant to celebrate the original but not copy it exactly. I managed to swap the rate and color controls by accident and had to flip the board horizontally to fix it. Therefore, no gut pics unless someone pays me, lol. Anyway, I'm quite happy with it. I rarely use 1590BB boxes but this one required it.

Kipper4

It's excellent Eric. Inkscape, that went well.:)

Grey Paper.

balkanizeyou

Quote from: Cozybuilder on October 13, 2016, 12:20:17 PM
Good job, you have a working pedal that looks great. Perf board is harder to work with than it looks.
actually, I'm a passionate perf hater, so I etch my own PCB's 95% of the time (it does seem like like the whole "PCB-manufacturing" process including toner transferring, etching, drilling etc. takes me 3 times less time than the damn perf soldering). However, following DA's advice I bought myself a few double sided perfboards and they are much better to work with and definitely more reliable than some crappy, cheapo, single sided perfs I used to buy a long time ago.

steveyraff

Heres a simple little clean volume boost I built for the guitarist from The Logues.

Features... *ahem* custom graphics, an idea of the customers lol

Its basically a CAE Line Driver/Boost clone with the additional Buffer/Booster switch. 9V version.

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

lars-musik

Long story: A friend asked if I had any rejects in my drawers that would make an overdrive pedal for a friend of his. Nothing fancy, cheap. Enclosure size wouldn't matter. Again: cheap.

So I took a half a King of Tone and a Box of Rock circuit from my early days of PCB layouting and an old transformer thingy from the scrap bin of my work and voilà. The meter just displays the input voltage. I thought about coupling the clipping diodes or anything else but time and knowledge was an issue.

As it always is it still took my about a full day and I stood for switches and knobs but I really LOVE the result. And it serves as present for two people (my friend and his). So - an overdriven win-win-win-situation. 

deadastronaut

Lars: love it...excellent retro look. very cool. 8)

stevey.....ahem indeed... 8)

love that mistress too..came out nice. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rutabaga bob

Lars and Telvis: NICE work!!!  Wish MY stuff looked that good!
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

GiovannyS10

Telvis! I really liked your building. It's looks awesome!!!  8) 8) 8)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto