News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudscapes

Happy new years!

A vibrato I got far ahead on half a year ago but only got around to painting it now.

PT2399 modulated delay line with microcontroller. Several LFO shapes with smooth blending between each-one. Also a dedicated knob to blend in eather high or low frequency random variation, depending on which direction from center you turn the knob. Depth, speed and mix knobs are self-explanatory. Also relay bypass switch and tap tempo.

A couple hidden features! If I hold down the tap switch for more than a second, I can "trim" a sort of skew into the LFO using the random knob. Also by holding down the bypass switch for more than a second, I can "draw out" a custom LFO using the shape knob by twisting it for up to a few seconds. It sort of records that knob twisting and plays it back as a new LFO. Speed and depth work with it as normal, and it resets to the normal default LFO shapes if I twist the shape knob again for more than a few degrees (to prevent accidental erasure by knocking the knob). The "reset" is still a bit buggy, I have to fine tweak the code.

Color is a bit too yellow. Was going for more of a moon/bone color.

Got a partial build log over here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=113748.msg1062277#msg1062277
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

rutabaga bob

Wow...16 gauge...
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

glops

Quote from: rutabaga bob on January 04, 2017, 01:37:33 PM
Wow...16 gauge...

Yep, heavy duty enclosures. There's a cut in the metal on two sides on the bottom part of the enclosure that people have frowned upon but doesn't bother me. Suppose you could fill up the gaps with JB weld and sand down.

I haven't seen this one before and going to probably order as it's just fun working with different types of enclosures:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pedal-enclosure-box-Lovetone-style-Blank-/322368169851?hash=item4b0ea3e77b:g:2OQAAOSwJ7RYXU6q

stringsthings

Quote from: cloudscapes on January 04, 2017, 01:09:31 PM
Happy new years!

A vibrato I got far ahead on half a year ago but only got around to painting it now.

PT2399 modulated delay line with microcontroller. Several LFO shapes with smooth blending between each-one. Also a dedicated knob to blend in eather high or low frequency random variation, depending on which direction from center you turn the knob. Depth, speed and mix knobs are self-explanatory. Also relay bypass switch and tap tempo.

That's some good work there.   What kind of technique did you use to mount the fine-pitch PIC?
Drag-soldering? 

cloudscapes

Quote from: stringsthings on January 05, 2017, 06:09:26 PM
That's some good work there.   What kind of technique did you use to mount the fine-pitch PIC?
Drag-soldering?

Thanks! Drag-soldering, with some flux, pre-applied on the pins and pads, and just enough solder to wet the iron's tip. Because of the flux, only a tiny amount is needed to solder a row. And I rarely get solder bridges this way. The mask takes care of that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

stringsthings

That's an awesome technique.  I just started doing SMD.  I must be using too much solder when I try drag-soldering.
More practice and I think I'll get it.  I'm am getting much better with standard two-pad parts and tweezers.

And your enclosure looks really nice.  I like that picture.

diydave

Silicone - mosfet fuzz, with switchable opamp buffer / boost.
Sounds really nasty with the boost.

Diy enclosure, circuit, pcb, etc...

HeavyFog

Feedback looper i made for a friend just recently. He nicknamed it the "corruptor" and i think the name fits the crazy sounds you can get from one of these things. Works by feeding the signal from any pedal(s) in its fx loop into itself, which results in all kinds of strange noises. Very easy to make and i highly recommend building one due to just how much fun you can have by trying different pedals in its effects loop.

And another one i got to make for a youtuber from New York named Vinny

duck_arse

nice build dave, looks kinda familiar ...... what wood this time?

and how do you attach your baseplate?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

diydave

Thx duck.
Guess I found a kind of persistent way off folding / making my own enclosures. I have 2 more on the shelf waiting for my attention  ;D.
Wood is just everyday pine with several layers of clearcoat.
Baseplates are glued (epoxy or tec7)

duck_arse

are you sandwiching an inner cheek with an outer cheek, or routing the support flange? or can you do a "how I do my bends and wood" post somewhere for us? and "hmmmmm......" on glued baseplates.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Kipper4

Quote from: diydave on January 13, 2017, 08:41:53 AM
Thx duck.
Guess I found a kind of persistent way off folding / making my own enclosures. I have 2 more on the shelf waiting for my attention  ;D.
Wood is just everyday pine with several layers of clearcoat.
Baseplates are glued (epoxy or tec7)

If it where me. I'd glue some blocks to the inside of the wood. Fit the base plate with screws into the blocks. Removable base plate.
Or you could thread and bolt but I suspect the enclosure material may not support this too well.

Nice build .
Did you follow Ducks method?
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

lars-musik

Quote from: diydave on January 11, 2017, 10:44:27 AM

That's beautiful!

But I'll stick to aluminum....

I just finished that Sea Machine clone. This one wasn't easy but in the end - and with your help - it worked out just fine. I found some reports on Madbean's forum that were really useful. As usual I planned it as a 1590a build, but the person I did this for wanted a 125B. Well, that gave me some extra space for the big blend knob that actually is ver useful.

darron

elektra distortion style circuit:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

vigilante397

Anytime I see Darron was the most recent post in a pictures thread I come running. I have yet to be disappointed. Great looking build 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Quote from: vigilante397 on January 16, 2017, 01:09:33 AM
Anytime I see Darron was the most recent post in a pictures thread I come running. I have yet to be disappointed. Great looking build 8)

I go running in the opposite direction.  For the same reason.   :icon_sad:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

Nice build darron...

everytime i see those caps i think of 'tutti fruitis'... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

karis12

I can finally post here!  ;D

Here's my latest build, which was possible thanks to member Cozybuilder's generosity and help. It's a dual EP Pre design, with a slave/independent mode for one of the preamps. Wiring was very challenging mostly due to the toggle switch, but it was an otherwise trouble-free build.

Face (vinyl sticker):

Gutshot before wiring:

After wiring:

Knobs glowing:

And, if permitted, a demo video thru a digital Zoom effects unit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3gHmLS1gIg&feature=youtu.be

stallik

Quote from: darron on January 15, 2017, 04:53:09 AM
elektra distortion style circuit:

Are we looking at a double sided board or did you just decide to populate the track side?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

darron

thanks for the kind words peeps.

Quote from: stallik on January 16, 2017, 04:34:20 PM
Are we looking at a double sided board or did you just decide to populate the track side?

oh yeah, it's a little strange hey. it's a double sided board in that the pads are soldered from the under-side, but all the tracks are on the top for... erm.. fun/show i guess lol. the bottom side is all just a doubled-up earth fill. if it was a single sided board though i wouldn't do it, too much risk that the tracks could be stressed and ripped up.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!