News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

It's been a long time, but I'm finally getting back to pedals. I had built a couple of Freppo's Into the Unknown synthesizers for friends but I always wanted one for myself, so when he released his v2 boards I had to go for it. CNC engraving on a Mammoth powdercoated box.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

It's good when you can treat yourself.  :)   Nice job, Nathan.  Like the marriage of the star-field paint job and your space design.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Kipper4

Yer spot on Nathan.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Kipper4

MuthaFunker Envelope Filter.

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

jimilee

That's killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloxstompboxes

Just a Timmy here. Somehow managed to make the bass cut just a bass and the drive is backward. Easily fixable. This build was spread out over like 3 months so I may have goofed on the enclosure layout, board, or whatever. Then again, it could have been the scheme I used. I've been so busy with the new job and kids; it could have been anything. I'm just glad it is done. Happened on a bunch of 47uF caps at a higher voltage rating for cheap, hence the biggun in the upper right. The 1uF on the left caused the lid to have to be modified. I finally remembered this board was originally designed for a 125b, lol.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

thermionix

^ Reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask folks here, is there a common enclosure size between 125B and 1590B, same general shape?  I've been using 125Bs mostly but they are bigger than necessary for many builds.  1590B however gets real tight real fast if you want to have room for a battery.

duck_arse

Quote from: Kipper4 on February 18, 2017, 02:59:31 PM
MuthaFunker Envelope Filter.

(s)he's got a footie for a mouth!
don't make me draw another line.

Cozybuilder

Clear shaft pots & knobs would have been nice, blue or green LEDs for eyes, and a red for the third eye. The Hinda Funker?
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

add4

Quote from: Galego on December 25, 2016, 10:00:48 AM
3D Printed wah:

João that's absolutely stunning [emoji28]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Mgt280y

Finally done the enclosure for the first pedal I ever built  :icon_redface: been in a bare enclosure for over a year
Loving lasers !!!

thermionix

Mgt280y

Yeah had some bits left laser cut and marked leather, with laser engrave powder coat not perfected yet but happy with how it came out

duck_arse

Quote from: Mgt280y on February 22, 2017, 04:18:26 AM
....  not perfected yet .....

oh, please. how much better do you need?
don't make me draw another line.

EBK

Quote from: thermionix on February 18, 2017, 10:15:00 PM
^ Reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask folks here, is there a common enclosure size between 125B and 1590B, same general shape?  I've been using 125Bs mostly but they are bigger than necessary for many builds.  1590B however gets real tight real fast if you want to have room for a battery.
Perhaps consider a 1590BS.  It has the same footprint as the 1590B, but is 11mm deeper.  It is deep enough to allow you to have multiple stacked boards and even have a board over the stomp switch if you want. 
Apparently, there is also a 1590B2, which is 7mm deeper than the 1590B.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Mgt280y

Things can always be improved, need to find something to make the engraved leather stand out a little better like the "rub n buff" type idea

MadJr

DBD clone and a Jfet boost

thermionix

Quote from: EBK on February 22, 2017, 08:55:15 AM
Quote from: thermionix on February 18, 2017, 10:15:00 PM
Perhaps consider a 1590BS.  It has the same footprint as the 1590B, but is 11mm deeper.  It is deep enough to allow you to have multiple stacked boards and even have a board over the stomp switch if you want. 
Apparently, there is also a 1590B2, which is 7mm deeper than the 1590B.

Thanks, I'll look into those!  The B2 sounds good for being able to stand the battery up on its "skinny" side.  Lay the battery flat in a 1590B and it takes up a third of the enclosure, and forces the footswitch toward the middle.  Not ideal.

mth5044

Quote from: MadJr on February 22, 2017, 10:33:07 AM
DBD clone and a Jfet boost

Nice. How'd you do the lettering?

bean

It's a Theremin with dry-through. Some issues to work out on this but it's fun to play. The box was done with Aluminum Black which is messy to work with but much easier than painting enclosures.