News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: patrick398 on May 21, 2017, 05:38:22 AM
Do you also get a quid every time you have to explain how to stop the pictures being MASSIVE?
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=36392.msg1091160#msg1091160
Here's your pic after tacking on the letter L to the URL, as an example:

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

slashandburn

Got this one finished last week, came together relatively quickly for my standards. Haven't had much time to play around with it but it rocks as much as the last one I built and looks a bit better too.

Kipper4

Image picture sizing.

""

[ img width=600 ]url for your hosted picture [ img ]

in the first parantheses type a space after the word img.
width=600
no spaces after the 600 close parentheses

click on quote as if your going to make a reply and you can read how I did that in between the qoute marks
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bluebunny

Just be aware that the width=nnn thing doesn't avoid downloading a 36 megapixel monster.  It just renders it a bit smaller in the browser.  The real answer is to resize your picture before you upload it.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

EBK

We're going to have to split that one quid a lot of different ways this time.   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

patrick398

I think you need to set up a 'Swear Jar' kind of system where someone has to donate a pound into a communal pot every time they ask a question that's been asked a billion times before. Best pedal name at the end of the year wins the lot

EBK

Quote from: patrick398 on May 21, 2017, 09:07:21 AM
I think you need to set up a 'Swear Jar' kind of system where someone has to donate a pound into a communal pot every time they ask a question that's been asked a billion times before. Best pedal name at the end of the year wins the lot
I'm actually feeling inspired to make a swear jar pedal now!  I'll epoxy coins to the stomp switch and knobs and label it with obscenities. :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER

patrick398

QuoteI'm actually feeling inspired to make a swear jar pedal now!  I'll epoxy coins to the stomp switch and knobs and label it with obscenities. :icon_biggrin:
The EBK FCUK BOX...i'd buy one  ;)

slashandburn

I've never seen Eric's FCUK box, but my first thought of best named pedal was Beavis's Four Knob Rat and it's impressively sweary initials. Eric's naming scheme is worthy of similar laudation.

Am I taking abuse here for my tiny photos? I'll try to edit them from a laptop later I guess. Though since we're talking best named pedals I'll try once again to get it right from my phone and take the opportunity to shamelessly put forward one of better ideas.

The perennially unfinished Gegenpressor. Mark II, probably. The mk1 enclosure(s) sadly met a cruel fate and the good etches all had poorly drilled holes and vice versa, or something. This non-etched box worked out pretty well.

(It's just another Tonepad CP-9 clone, before anyone gets too excited. Well. It might be. Eventually.)

Edit: no shit. cheers kipper, that width=600. thing works a charm I think.

bloxstompboxes

Just an EH Big Muff Pi Op Amp Version. Man, the Smashing Pumpkins sounds coming from this thing. Thinking of selling some boards. I have extra.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

italianguy63

Gotten back into "production" since I am now officially retired!  It has been wonderful.  Doing what I like now.

Here is the last couple days fiddling around:

(3) Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Faces (positive ground PNP Russian Germainiums).  With charge pump voltage inverters.

Dark Green:  Low gain.  3rd knob is Voltage Sag.
Pale Green:  High gain.  3rd knob is Q2 Bias Control
White:  High gain.  3rd knob is Oscillator Tone Stack Control.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

Were those done with white decal stock?
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

No.  Back a few years ago, I had a buddy that did Mylar decals for motorcycle graphics-- he laid them out and did the printing for me.  I got a couple hundred... enough to keep me busy for a long while.  They are wet applied to the powder coated boxes.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on May 20, 2017, 11:42:51 AM
Ack!  There's needs to be a sticky for this!  If I had a quid for every "how to post pictures" reply I've made, I'd have retired by now, enjoying my vast and hard-earned fortune*.  My mate duck, too.  (And many others.)

* I just checked.  It's £22.  I won't be giving up work just yet.  Bugger...

looks like this revenue stream has been cut-off, blue. "Add image to post" has arrived.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

digi2t

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 25, 2017, 06:19:05 AM
Gotten back into "production" since I am now officially retired!  It has been wonderful.  Doing what I like now.

Here is the last couple days fiddling around:

(3) Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Faces (positive ground PNP Russian Germainiums).  With charge pump voltage inverters.

Dark Green:  Low gain.  3rd knob is Voltage Sag.
Pale Green:  High gain.  3rd knob is Q2 Bias Control
White:  High gain.  3rd knob is Oscillator Tone Stack Control.

MC

If you want to go the extra mile, and really mess with peoples minds, label them in Russian.  :icon_biggrin:

звуковой царь (sonic czar)

ПНП германий искажение (pnp germanium distortion, "fuzz" doesn't translate so well)

Maybe call one of third knobs "Crazy Ivan" or something.  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

italianguy63

Right?!  If I ever run out of PCB's and decals.... I plan to do a revision of the PCB with onboard pots.. it is a great design.  If I do that, I can explore new artwork.  How you been Dino?!  Great to be back.  I'm loving the decision I made to be my own boss finally...

MC

bluebunny

Quote from: duck_arse on May 25, 2017, 11:22:46 AM
looks like this revenue stream has been cut-off, blue. "Add image to post" has arrived.

Definitely not retiring yet...   :(   But thank-you to Aron and Paul.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

digi2t

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 25, 2017, 12:19:14 PM
Right?!  If I ever run out of PCB's and decals.... I plan to do a revision of the PCB with onboard pots.. it is a great design.  If I do that, I can explore new artwork.  How you been Dino?!  Great to be back.  I'm loving the decision I made to be my own boss finally...

MC

Glad to see you back Mark. Happy that you've found your groove brother. I'm doing alright. Work is keeping me busy, as always, but I love what I do (and who I do it for), so it's never really "work". Bit slower on the pedal building side, but that's because it's house reno season now. You know the deal.

Traded one toy for another late last year...

so that kept me busy over the winter. The wife loved the Goldwing, but only if we stayed off the highways. She never could get used to the big trucks. That made it kind of hard to do any long trips. I pitched the Vette to her, and she gave me the thumbs up. Bonus was that the seller took the Wing on a trade, so it was a win/win/win all around.

Of course, 'ole man Murphy is kickin' me in the Chicklets now with all this friggin' rain, so the Garage Queen spends more time in the palace than out.  :icon_cry:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX

italianguy63

Quote from: digi2t on May 25, 2017, 02:36:45 PM
Quote from: italianguy63 on May 25, 2017, 12:19:14 PM

MC

Glad to see you back Mark. Happy that you've found your groove brother. I'm doing alright. Work is keeping me busy, as always, but I love what I do (and who I do it for), so it's never really "work". Bit slower on the pedal building side, but that's because it's house reno season now. You know the deal.

Traded one toy for another late last year...

so that kept me busy over the winter. The wife loved the Goldwing, but only if we stayed off the highways. She never could get used to the big trucks. That made it kind of hard to do any long trips. I pitched the Vette to her, and she gave me the thumbs up. Bonus was that the seller took the Wing on a trade, so it was a win/win/win all around.

Of course, 'ole man Murphy is kickin' me in the Chicklets now with all this friggin' rain, so the Garage Queen spends more time in the palace than out.  :icon_cry:

I'm a big Chevy fan!  G5??

MC

digi2t

Yup, C5. 2004, last year for the pop up lights, which in my opinion is what makes a Corvette, a Corvette. Not a fan of the C6, even less so the C7, which looks like something out of a Transformers movie. For everyday drivers, we've always gone either Nissan, Honda, or Mazda, but for muscle, it's been Chevy all the way. Growing up, we always had a Chevy parked in the driveway, whether it be a pickup, van, or some special project.

This one is cammed, cold air intake, long tube headers, Corsa Extreme exhaust, and tuned. 385 RWHP, plenty enough to get me into a heap of trouble with the law. I upgraded the suspension to Z51 spec's over the winter, so it handles like it's on rails now. No slouch in the creature comforts either, but the cup holder is totally useless.  :icon_frown:  :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX