Previous topic - Next topic

Plexi

Man...that's wonderful!
MXR flanger inspired?
Is there any thread about your build?
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

EBK

This is the Clone Theory in a 1590B that I built for a friend who owns a vintage 70s one.  I was disgusted by how much pedal board space was wasted by that one giant pedal, so I told him I could probably make him one much smaller.

It's based mostly on this layout:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/05/electro-harmonix-clone-theory.html?m=1
But, I had to move a bunch of stuff around to make it all fit, and I had to substitute some parallel combinations of resistors and caps to make up for shortcomings of my inventory.  Also had to file down portions of the lid and jacks.  I'm happy to report that it works after all that.  :icon_biggrin:

It was a very tight squeeze, and I fully expected something to short out disastrously upon closing it up (not shown in the pics is the gaffers tape I added as insulation on the boards and pots), but it worked perfectly when I powered it up.   

Special thanks to Antoy, juansolo, and Kartoffelkopf (over at MB forum) for sharing graphics from their Clone Theory builds with me.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Plexi

gorgeous!
Where did you get the old MN3007?

EBK

Quote from: Plexi on June 13, 2017, 01:01:57 PM
gorgeous!
Where did you get the old MN3007?
Thanks!
MN3007 came from Smallbear.
  • SUPPORTER

thermionix

Dan - Mgt280y - are those etched?  The graphics appear to have some depth.

If so, care to share you process?  I understand how people paint the etched part, and sand off the rest.  But you have paint on the flat surface, and I don't know how you would do that.

Fender3D

Long time since my last post here....

3 custom pedals for a customer "head"...:

TC Electronic SPE with mods and guts:

TC Electronic XII with mods and guts:

Last revision of my MXR Flanger:

"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Mgt280y

I finish all my boxes the same now good thick powder coat layer then co2 to laser the design lots of trial and error font choice makes a BIG difference and as you can see some colours work better than others, want to try a colour fill on the engraved areas just not worked out the best way yet.

thermionix

oh I see, lasered not chemically etched.  Thanks for the reply.

gtudoran

A bunch of full tube / hiogh voltage bass preamps ... artwork ready.

Plexi

Simple D*A*M Sonic Titan
If you want high-gain, just cliping it with two 1N4007  ;)

EBK

Nice clean build there, Plexi.  I hate to be critical, but there is enough empty space in there to fit about three or four more of those boards....  :icon_neutral:
Then again, I'm probably unusually fond of tight fitting builds (like my Clone Theory above).  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

Plexi

Of course, EBK!
But, there are some reasons why I use the 1590BB:
- Suffered a lot the last times building some requests that usually fits in a big 'BB one  :icon_rolleyes:
- I really like having the jacks on top
- I found them for a ridiculous price difference that the 'B ones (less than $1)
- I'm size 11 of shoes  ;D

EBK

Quote from: Plexi on June 18, 2017, 01:42:01 PM
- I found them for a ridiculous price difference that the 'B ones (less than $1)
:icon_eek::icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

Plexi

Quote from: EBK on June 18, 2017, 01:56:19 PM
Quote from: Plexi on June 18, 2017, 01:42:01 PM
:icon_eek::icon_cool:

I'm in Argentina, and usually they are %40 more expensive.  :)

Plexi

Classic NPN Silicon Fuzz Face w/Bias knob.
BC140 and BC109 combo.

gtudoran

And an inside view of the assembled preamp

arkatom

Hey guys one of the first pedals I've built in a while. I needed a boost so I made up this microamp clone. Quickly did the board up myself and tried to make it look neat built up. :p

First time using decals and I had a bit of trouble as you can see. After following the instructions for the decal it looks like the heatgun turned the paint soft so the decal plastic sort of formed marks all on the surface. oh well.

thermionix

Finally boxed up my Green Ringer today.  It was my first vero and I built the board without too much regard to size.  But I squeezed it into a 1590B with a battery.  Nothing to see on the outside, very plain with no knobs.  Needs a sticker or something.

EBK

Quote from: thermionix on June 22, 2017, 10:57:18 PM
Finally boxed up my Green Ringer today.  It was my first vero and I built the board without too much regard to size.  But I squeezed it into a 1590B with a battery.  Nothing to see on the outside, very plain with no knobs.  Needs a sticker or something.
There's a certain zen to Vero.  Best to make things as small as you need to, but not smaller.  Think of it as "purposefully small".  It can allow you to focus on better grounding techniques and organizing connections.  Now, ignore what I just said and build more pedals.   :icon_razz:

Interesting Kermit the Frog green color.
  • SUPPORTER

temol

Couple of  my recent builds.

Triple Wreck in 125b type enclosure. No boost.

Deep Blue Delay clone. This one is not the easiest pedal to fit into enclosure..

GGG Tube Screamers

T.