News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thermionix

Quote from: EBK on June 22, 2017, 11:30:25 PM
Interesting Kermit the Frog green color.

Yeah I wanted an obnoxious green to match the name and sound of the circuit.  That one's pre-finished from Tayda.  The LED is green too.  A Kermit sticker would be nice.

Focalized

Muff, Octave Fuzz and Phase 90.

I get caught on painting themes I think.

Now have 7 Muffs and they all sound different. Need to sell some off but feel kind of guilty letting them go based on which ones I like the least.

stallik

Not everyone has the same taste as you. Your customer may favor the pedal you think is the worst
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Focalized

Quote from: stallik on June 25, 2017, 04:18:19 AM
Not everyone has the same taste as you. Your customer may favor the pedal you think is the worst

I get that. It's impossible to know if anything I sell off will fit the buyers rig and expectations. A bit of anxiety when ever I sell anything.

EBK

Quote from: Focalized on June 25, 2017, 08:33:20 AM
Quote from: stallik on June 25, 2017, 04:18:19 AM

I get that. It's impossible to know if anything I sell off will fit the buyers rig and expectations. A bit of anxiety when ever I sell anything.
That's why I tend to lend pedals rather than sell them.  With no money exchanged, I don't owe the recipient any particular result.  If they fall in love with the pedal, they can give me money instead of handing back the pedal.  It helps me avoid anxiety issues.  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Focalized

Such a noble approach. Much respected.

I'm pretty much a recluse. Know nobody that plays guitar or would be interested in pedals. I've sold off around 100 pedals but have seen the Ebay market decline drastically these last 5 years. Haven't tried to sell since. If I can get the equivalent of the build cost I'm happy.

balkanizeyou

I've made and tested the PCB for this about 4 years ago, but it wasn't until now that I've finally boxed it. Great effect.

garcho

^ nice job, my s&h is populated but still on the bench, waiting for the boxing to begin, we'll see when that happens...
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Boiller

Just finished my first enclosure for my first project, a Foxx tone machine kit:

alixxx

Tube booster  - Screamer ? (boost section of Muller Classic Amplifier)

stallik

Nice job. Tell us more?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

vigilante397

Quote from: stallik on June 28, 2017, 06:45:32 AM
Nice job. Tell us more?

+1 I don't know what it is but I know I need one right now. 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

alixxx

OK
You can find the amplifier circuit here:
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Leserbriefe/Marc-Alexander-Mueller-Classic/Bauanleitung_Mueller_Classic_A4.pdf
I used boost section of this amp (V1A, V1B). Tube - 12AX7/ECC83, but you can use ECC81 for less gain. Power is supplied from the AC adapter 12 VAC. The anode power supply is provided by a 9V/230V transformer installed on the board. (Scheme can not be placed here, I think so). I will later give a link to the final scheme in the Russian DIY-forum. There is a schematic, a layout and a panel in KorelDraw.
I use this device as a booster for a tube amplifier or a tube preamp as an alternative Tube Screamer.

Sorry for bad english

vigilante397

Quote from: alixxx on June 28, 2017, 01:57:13 PM
OK
You can find the amplifier circuit here:
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Leserbriefe/Marc-Alexander-Mueller-Classic/Bauanleitung_Mueller_Classic_A4.pdf
I used boost section of this amp (V1A, V1B). Tube - 12AX7/ECC83, but you can use ECC81 for less gain. Power is supplied from the AC adapter 12 VAC. The anode power supply is provided by a 9V/230V transformer installed on the board. (Scheme can not be placed here, I think so). I will later give a link to the final scheme in the Russian DIY-forum. There is a schematic, a layout and a panel in KorelDraw.
I use this device as a booster for a tube amplifier or a tube preamp as an alternative Tube Screamer.

Sorry for bad english

Awesome, thanks for the info!  ;D Do you happen to have a link for the 9v/230v transformer you used? I would be very interested in that 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

darron

been wanting to do a clockwork artwork for like... 10 years :S

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

armillary

This is an Op Amp Big Muff board from Eric at Blox Stompboxes. It worked first try and sounds great. Tidy, too. The outside is still unfinished.   

alixxx

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 28, 2017, 03:09:54 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info!  ;D Do you happen to have a link for the 9v/230v transformer you used? I would be very interested in that 8)
Link for transformer
http://www.tme.eu/ru/katalog/?art=TEZ1.5%2FD%2F9V
TEZ 1,5/D/9V
It is possible to apply similar suitable dimensions.

Link for topic about this booster: http://guitar-gear.ru/forum/topic/4135-ламповый-бустер/page__st__30

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: armillary on June 29, 2017, 08:57:40 AM
This is an Op Amp Big Muff board from Eric at Blox Stompboxes. It worked first try and sounds great. Tidy, too. The outside is still unfinished.   

Great job man! The board could have been made much smaller had I gone double-sided with the traces, however, I wanted it to remain single sided for future etches. That is a tidy build though!

I still have some of these boards left and listed in the sell/trade section of the forum. I was gonna list them on ebay but haven't had a chance yet.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Kipper4

That's given me an idea, Darron. You know I love your stuff.

I like your style armillary. Neat job nice pcb Eric.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Boiller

Got another enclosure done for my second project, a Tremulus Lune clone:

No gut shot yet, final assembly tomorrow.