News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick398

For anyone who got bored of reading my inane 'State Variable Filter not working' thread posts and missed the money shots...or for anyone who simply doesn't care. There is no escape.

Used a square plastic keyring, drilled the front out and mounted around the FSR then stuck felt square on top. The back plate of the keyring now functions as a kind of lid for protecting the FSR when not in use  :icon_cool:

Willypp

Haven't posted in a while.  Here's a few builds from the last couple of months.

Leviathan - boost (Brian May Treble Booster, SHO, TB into SHO selectable).  Zen drive or Englishgent, Plexi.

Bassballs.  Distortion moved to a footswitch.

Sovereign.  Boost moved to footswitch.

Tech 21 bass DI and Bassballs with distortion moved to a footswitch.

Marcos - Munky

Very nice! How do you do those graphics?

jonboper

Willypp those are truly cool pedals. Covet.

Here's one I made from an Amazon kit (had a gift certificate, now I'm wishing I bought a component tester...oh well). This is the Os Mutantes fuzz from 3pdt. It sounds so dumb but I absolutely love it, can't stop playing with it. Very NES.

I know, gut shot is blurry...

Kipper4

I like it Jon.
A touch of the Jackson Pollocks. I dont even care whats inside, I like the enclose so.
Neat......
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

jonboper

Thanks Kipper! I know I can't compete with the sharp and sleek design-driven stuff I see on here, I just let the paint fly on and call it done when it starts looking worse instead of better. Still trying to find the best way to apply text. This one was with sharpie, and as you can see it ghosted on me during finishing...kind of cool on this one, but not really what I was going for.

snarblinge

I have switched to empty paint markers, and golden fluid paint,for my lettering. no more "ghosting"

Thanks davent I have a new obsession. Beyond rattlecans.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

bluebunny

Quote from: Kipper4 on October 03, 2017, 06:51:17 PM
A touch of the Jackson Pollocks.

I hope that's not rhyming slang, Rich.  I quite liked it.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

thermionix

I'm calling this the Birthday Fuzz.  Wasn't planned, but I finished this just after midnight, so technically my birthday (along with Vladimir Putin, Heinrich Himmler, and Fox News Channel  :icon_twisted:)  Had a thread about it here.  The only difference from the schematic I posted is the input cap switch.  6n8 is the "fixed" value, the on-off-on switch puts either 10n or 22n in parallel.  Pretty major tonal difference between the 3 positions.  I like it.  Perf board is 6x11 (holes), my smallest yet.

BetterOffShred

Well happy birthday!  Are those fender knobs I see ?

Willypp

Couple more that I finished this week. 

Someone asked how I do my boxes, so this is it:

- The layouts are done in photoshop using Mammoth's pedal templates and the hardware library that's kicking around. 
- I print that up, square it to the box and tape it in place, drilling with a drill press and step bit. 
- I design the graphics around the layout using pilfered internet images and print that to a waterproof sticker paper at the local printshop. 
- The enclosures are primed with etching primer, the sticker goes on top of that, I cut the holes out with an exacto and then the whole thing gets 2-3, maybe 4 coats of Spraymax 1k. 
- If I'm feeling energetic I'll cut it back with some 1200 wet/dry and use a cut/polish compound to polish it up, but I haven't bothered with that for a while.

Starfighter: Swaps between a Fetto with the default settings from Harald's layout, and a two channel BE-OD using Bugg's PCB.

Direwolf:  Jfet JCM800 with a footswitch for the high/low inputs.  From the layout at Tagboard.

Endgame:  Klon Buffer, splitter (to 1/4 out), Bloviator, Simple Cabsim, splitter to volume pot for 1/4 out, and volume pot for XLR output from THC linedriver.

thermionix

Quote from: BetterOffShred on October 07, 2017, 02:41:44 AM
Well happy birthday!  Are those fender knobs I see ?

Thanks.  Actually 60's Gibson amp knobs, numbered 0-10 instead of 1-10.  Just some I had around.  May get changed at some point, we'll see.

Ben Lyman

Just finished two more Big Muffs in 1590a boxes, this time it's the Russian circuit and they sound amazing.
And once again, a big thanks to Cozybuilder for all the great ideas for squeezing these things together.
I was able to use 16mm Alpha pots and even get two of them side by side!
Also, got two Switchcraft open frame jacks in there, which makes me feel really good  :)

"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

davent

Looking good Ben, i'll leave 1590a's to others.

For the anti turn tabs you can get away with drilling deep enough from the inside without ever piercing the enclosure. You need to drill deep enough that the straight sides of the bit cut some of the hole but it doesn't have to be very much and then you need to file down the tab so the pot will sit flat.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

GiovannyS10

Hello guys! Here is some pictures from my last build. It was sold to a French man who born in the place who was called Zone Rouge in the First Big War and this pedal is a tribute.... Hope you enjoy.

That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

Plexi

Nice!
Whats under the hood? Guv'nor?
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

GiovannyS10

Quote from: Plexi on October 08, 2017, 12:35:12 AM
Nice!
Whats under the hood? Guv'nor?
Hey man, i noticed now that i forgot to say the fx  :icon_redface: Its a Dr. Boogie  :icon_mrgreen:
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

doctor Gio, my feet hurt. very nice, nice green grass, too.

Ben - geeze, you're layouting has come along a pace, hasn't it?

Therm - hppy brthdy, ya old fart.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

temol

Meet the Boogie Brothers..

Two new family members - silver/red and white/black. Built them for my colleagues.

T.

Plexi

We could say that you have there some kind of "triple" Rectifier
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.