News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theundeadelvis

Yes PlastiKote Super Lacquer. Ah tude! I see ;D
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

MRX2099

Not quiet a pedal , but I have been working on this since Last April, and its almost complete, then on to bigger and better things  ;D

Dave_B

Did you build and tolex the box, MRX2099?!  Reminds me of the George Lynch amp in the Groove Tubes book.  In fact, from the photos, I would never guess that wasn't a real Marshall.

There's no way my DIY efforts will ever look that good. 

Very nice work!
Help build our Wiki!

MRX2099

I built it all box, metal chassis( from an old aluminum road sign  hehhhe) I ordered the tolex and covered it myself, and am about 90% done wiring it up, then I may put my own custom logo in place of the marshall one, stay tuned for what it will say, gotta get a good pic of it, its like the older marshall block logo but my name I chose. Yeha i picked the purple, one reason bercause of the one Lynch played, but mine is a 50 watt lead,  not a superlead 100, but still it should crank and kick some serious butt............ :)
thanks

phostenix

Wow! Nicely done! A thing of beauty. 

Grace and peace,

Steve
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

King Solomon

larseko

So many great images, I'll very humbly post my not too perfect first build to, it's Torchy's ZW-44 layout. Unfortunately I had to do all the laquer works in a cardboard box to prevent too much stuff out in the open (in our apartment), so the sides of the pedal aren't that perfect, but I think it went well nevertheless... of course nothing compared to some of the beauties in this thread :D Thanks for all your inspiration, and thanks to Torchy if you read this.

Keep up the posting :)

theundeadelvis

I wish my first build had looked half that pro! Very nice build larseko.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

larseko

Quote from: theundeadelvis on February 08, 2006, 05:21:26 PM
I wish my first build had looked half that pro! Very nice build larseko.

Thank you very much! Actually it was the second build (after the beginner project), but my first finish! :)

KaptenSpark

"Lilla Klon" is Small Clone swedish. Handpainted.

KaptenSpark

Speeddemon

A hotrodded Fuzz Face:

and an exact-parts (carbon film resistors, green radial Mylar caps, 2x HA1457W IC's, 2SK246GR FET) FA-1 Clone:
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

puretube

This time, it won`t be Mrs. Dunl*p, when the phone rings...  :icon_razz:

Speeddemon

Quote from: puretube on February 10, 2006, 08:20:16 AM
This time, it won`t be Mrs. Dunl*p, when the phone rings...  :icon_razz:

Sure, let's re-hash THAT ol' shit.

Also, perhaps you didn't notice, but
A) My FA-1 Ampclone can NOT be mistaken for the original (knob placing, no footswitch, no LED, no DC jack, audio jack placing, no Boss logo)
B) The original, unlike the MXR Micro Amp, is NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION
C) The original's design is over 25 years old, so even if they HAD patents, they've expired by now.

Besides, why bust my balls when Mike @ Propechysounds cloned one too?  ??? ::)
Meanwhile @ TGP:
"I was especially put off by the religious banterings written inside the LDO pedal. I guess he felt it was necessary to thank God that someone payed $389 for his tubescreamer!"

Joecool85

That and no one cares if you make it for yourself, its when you start selling them that its a big problem.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Speeddemon

Quote from: Joecool85 on February 10, 2006, 09:06:16 AM
That and no one cares if you make it for yourself, its when you start selling them that its a big problem.
Well I do sell them, but not like 100s, besides, what's Boss gonna sue me for? Using the same color as a pedal they made 25 years ago?  ::)  ;D

I bought an original FA-1 awhile ago, and I really liked the sound and versatility of it, so I opened it up, drew a layout and went searching for the parts. I finally managed to get ahold of some Chinese company, selling me the HA1457W's (new old stock) for $7 each (rather cheap, since most U.S. suppliers quoted me $25 a piece! Some even $68.  :icon_eek:
Meanwhile @ TGP:

Dave_B

Quote from: Speeddemon on February 10, 2006, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: Joecool85 on February 10, 2006, 09:06:16 AM
Well I do sell them, but not like 100s, besides, what's Boss gonna sue me for? Using the same color as a pedal they made 25 years ago?  ::)  ;D
It's Boss's responsibility to come after anyone who infringes on their trademarks.  A lot of people are obviously cloning out-of-production pedals, but they're not usually doing things to confuse the customers, such as using a font closely linked to the Boss brand.   
Help build our Wiki!

Speeddemon

Since I'm using decals, these fonts are easily substituted.

And AFAIK, Boss can't "trademark" the Arial-font.  :P
a) There is no trademark on the Boss FA-1 (if it was, it's expired)
b) There's no trade-DRESS infringing, since my pedal looks more than 10% different.
Meanwhile @ TGP:

runmikeyrun

well i'm a little late, but here goes:

my first pedal, and it shows!

buzz box w/ a bunch of mods- old DOD housing.  Knobs made out of FIMO clay

Opamp muff fuzz- caramel corn tin

LofoMofo, but i added a booster and 5 different switch selectable bandpass filters.  Phenolic electrical box

GGG Pt-80 delay.  Went together oh-so-smooth with ready to solder circuit board and parts list!  Moosopotomous extended delay mod.  Grey plastic electrical box and blank aluminum switch panel.  Shielded w/ Al foil tape inside 

Mr. Clean passive volume knob w/ treble bypass cap.  Used for my guitarist's JCM800 to get "cleaner" tones.

Microphone hooked to booster-> ruby amp.  Old geiger counter from Civil Defense program.  the more volume/gain, the more the meter moves!

The small condenser button mic is secured in the old probe, which rotates to open.  Very hard to use live, a feedback monster!!  Good for the studio.

Another geiger counter, slightly different, with a big muff circuit.  This one's meter also works.

TSA built into wah housing

Uglyface built into wah housing

Basic loop pedal.  Graphic done w/ ink jet printer on t-shirt heat transfer.

Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

AdamB

I like the black/yellow paint on that wah enclosure, looks very cool.

-Adam
[indifferent::engine]
http://www.indifferentengine.com

alteredsounds

runmikeyrun those cases are awesome, love it!