News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushtone

One good Llama deserves another.

Here's a Llama I finished on a PCB made by Soggybag that uses PCB mounted jacks and footswitch.
It's a cool board that really speeds up the boxing process.
Check out Soggybag's website to get yer own.

The Llama is sounds very good at low and medium gain settings but farty bass is an issue at max gain.
I added a toggle to switch between output caps, like a bright switch.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

g3rmanium

Call me Johann.

Pushtone

Quote from: g3rmanium on September 11, 2007, 09:35:27 AM

Interesting. Where do you get this PCB from?

I got the board from Soggybag's website,

http://www.super-freq.com/

He also has a few projects with perf layout based on the board.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

letsgocoyote

grapevine prototype made out of a bunch of scraps and parts.  but its my prototype for my next pedal, a overdrive and a boost in one box.

carrejans

Architect, very nice finishes!

Here is what I made today.  ;D
RG Keen's method for measuring true Hfe for germanium transistors.

killerkev

Two Foxx Tone machines and a Big muff pi

Fender Blender And Ampeg Scrambler

Unfinished phase 45 and Ross Compressor

All designs used the method of printing out on Avery Dark T-Shirt Transfers and then Ironing in on the pedal. Then coated with clear enamel. To get rippled effect, pedals were then slow baked at ~150 F. Artwork are fractals which is art made by mathmatical equations........................

s.r.v.

wow! this thread is truely impressive. from snakeskin to swirls, i have read every page. now its my turn! the only pedal i have taken pictures of is my EA tremolo. i feel insignificant having made it from a kit  :( anyway, now its light blue with davies knobs

BubbaKahuna

Architect, I like the duo-tone with the etch on the D+.
Did you etch the orange on the top and paint it in as well or is that a stencil/screen job?

Pushtone, where did you get the layout for the enclosure? Is that your own?
That would make drilling a breeze!

Killerkev, those fractals are giving me a flashback man!  ;D

Cheers,
- JJ

My Momma always said, "Stultus est sicut stultus facit".
She was funny like that.

sshrugg

Wow.  Those ggg pcbs have gotten a lot nicer since the one I bought.
Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

soggybag

Hey that looks great! You're drilling diagram looks very professional. Looks like everything worked well for you.

Quote from: Pushtone on September 10, 2007, 07:03:20 PM

One good Llama deserves another.

Here's a Llama I finished on a PCB made by Soggybag that uses PCB mounted jacks and footswitch.
It's a cool board that really speeds up the boxing process.
Check out Soggybag's website to get yer own.

The Llama is sounds very good at low and medium gain settings but farty bass is an issue at max gain.
I added a toggle to switch between output caps, like a bright switch.

goodrevdoc

An AD3028 I made. My etching is getting better, I just have to slow down a bit. I decided to leave the etch unfilled and just sand it out a bit. Looks kind of cool...

Papa_lazerous

I like your work there goodrevdoc, its a nice simple design and really works!  Got any gut shots??  Also how you find the effect I am thinking of making one myself

rasco22862

Here are my Boss CE-2 and AMZ Mosfet Booster  ;D

Mark Hammer

Quote from: killerkev on September 12, 2007, 09:34:56 PM

All designs used the method of printing out on Avery Dark T-Shirt Transfers and then Ironing in on the pedal. Then coated with clear enamel. To get rippled effect, pedals were then slow baked at ~150 F. Artwork are fractals which is art made by mathmatical equations........................
Nice job.

I don't mean to be picky, but it is probably not a good practice to put company names on pedals the way you have here.  Especially when they can end up looking so professional.  I know people do this out of hommage to the original, and because it looks cool.  However, the potential for misrepresenting a commercial product  (especially one like the BMP which has changed packaging so many times its ridiculous) is so great that one ought to leave things like that off the finished pedal.  Maybe you aren't intending to misrepresent, but you have no idea what someone you either sell or give or loan the pedal to is going to do.  Better to just nip it in the bud.

Not a stern smack on the wrist, but you probably want to avoid it in future, lest there be misunderstanding.

soggybag

Great job on the etched box. I like the design.

Quote from: goodrevdoc on September 13, 2007, 10:04:32 PM
An AD3028 I made. My etching is getting better, I just have to slow down a bit. I decided to leave the etch unfilled and just sand it out a bit. Looks kind of cool...

markm

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 14, 2007, 02:37:50 PM
Quote from: killerkev on September 12, 2007, 09:34:56 PM

Nice job.

I don't mean to be picky, but it is probably not a good practice to put company names on pedals the way you have here.  Especially when they can end up looking so professional.  I know people do this out of hommage to the original, and because it looks cool.  However, the potential for misrepresenting a commercial product  (especially one like the BMP which has changed packaging so many times its ridiculous) is so great that one ought to leave things like that off the finished pedal.  Maybe you aren't intending to misrepresent, but you have no idea what someone you either sell or give or loan the pedal to is going to do.  Better to just nip it in the bud.

Not a stern smack on the wrist, but you probably want to avoid it in future, lest there be misunderstanding.

I think he's got a better chance winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning or being run over by an Ostrich whistling Dixie than anything becoming of the EH name on that enclosure.
I'm sorry but, that truly is grasping at straws.  :icon_rolleyes:

snoof

Quote from: rasco22862 on September 14, 2007, 01:40:05 PM
Here are my Boss CE-2 and AMZ Mosfet Booster  ;D

Am I dyslexic, or are your ins and outs reversed ;D

Mark Hammer

There ARE lefties that play guitar on left-handed guitars, remember....where the cords come out the left side and are less likely to be tripped over if plugged into the left side of a pedal.  Ins are usually only on the right because of the larger population of right-handed players and lefties who succumbed to right-handed playing.

foxfire

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 14, 2007, 03:45:43 PM
"and lefties who succumbed to right-handed playing."

that would be me you're talking about.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 14, 2007, 03:45:43 PM
...lefties who succumbed to right-handed playing.

Which, in reality, is a very big advantage to lefties. They have far more strength in their left (fretting) hand to begin with than a right handed person would...gives them a BIG head start.

Unless, of course, they feel totally uncomfortable holding a guitar right handed. In 10 years of working in guitar stores, ive found about 50% are just fine holding guitars right handed when they are starting out.

YMMV