News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean k

Cmos nyquist aliaser, Harmonic Jerkulator and Clari(not)

All worked without testing which is a first for me. Especially for three.
The Clari(not) is just absolutely wonderful.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

juse

Mess kit, huh? I like the happy little 'droid.....  :icon_biggrin:

Slade

Thanks for the comments on The Blueswork pics  ;)

The Beast Face II Proyect

The enclosure for this proyect was a gift to me from Mike of pedalenclosures.com.

tdavid76

Hey Biggyboy...that chaos pedal is awsome...I knew I recognized that picture...it's from the 1981 movie "The Howling"...AWSOME!!!

Renegadrian

Slade - awesome job!!! YEAH!!! I love it!!!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

biggy boy

Quote from: tdavid76 on June 17, 2009, 12:40:45 AM
Hey Biggyboy...that chaos pedal is awsome...I knew I recognized that picture...it's from the 1981 movie "The Howling"...AWSOME!!!

Yup it's the movie poster for the Howling. Ohhh scarry stuff.

arma61

Quote from: arma61 on February 28, 2009, 02:59:48 AM
Quote from: svstee on February 27, 2009, 10:33:09 PM
Same thing I was thinking. +1 on that for sure. What do you have in there?
Quote from: Taylor on February 27, 2009, 10:41:51 PM
What is the effect on the far right? I can't quite read the label.

Fuzzy Beast = Hendrix Fuzz from ?? (can't remember!)
Big Wolf = Big Daddy from ROG
Dreaded Spook 1 = DS1 clone from Tonepad
LTD = Barbe Silver LTD from ... Barber!

Quote from: Taylor on February 27, 2009, 10:41:51 PM
Any chance your friend would want to do custom enclosures for people here? I realize they wouldn't be free, but I would definitely like to get a box done in this style.

I told him last night, this box is going to hit the sky, we'll get a lot of requests on producing this  :D :D (I'm just joking !!!)

Seriously I knew somebody here would have loved it, so we've talked about that and I ask him to check with his boss if there's a way to get them done in a small quantity and pay for them, so , how do you say...... stay tuned....
Armando

Sorry m8s for quoting my self, did you have a look at this already

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=76965.0

Cheers
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Mialbu

Hi everyone,

The pictures here are putting my work to shame, but I thought I'd share my latest build.
This is the second box I've completed (the first needs the decals reapplying after I decided too late, that a full face decal would be neater)

This is a popular fuzz design (!) housed in an old Marshall Guv'nor enclosure.  Enclosure was stripped, the extra jack socket hole filled with wood and expoxy, the whole lot was primed, sprayed with black enamel and then full face decals applied and clear coated.   Decals are my own work with the help of clipart and Word's autoshapes.

Quite pleased with it, although the decal for the pots seems to have stretched slightly when soaking.  I always do a dry run with plain paper which fitted nicely, but on the right hand side the pot and scale are about 1mm off.  (Sorry, I'm a bit of a perfectionist!)

Any comments or feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael.

jacobyjd

That is a great-looking build in a very cool enclosure--congrats!
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

biggy boy

Quote from: Mialbu on June 17, 2009, 10:29:04 AM
Hi everyone,

The pictures here are putting my work to shame, but I thought I'd share my latest build.

What you got to be kidding, your box looks great.
Nice job man.

arma61

Hi everyone,

This is the second box I've completed (the first needs the decals reapplying after I decided too late, that a full face decal would be neater)

This is a popular fuzz design (!) housed in an old Marshall Guv'nor enclosure.  Enclosure was stripped, the extra jack socket hole filled with wood and expoxy, the whole lot was primed, sprayed with black enamel and then full face decals applied and clear coated.   Decals are my own work with the help of clipart and Word's autoshapes.

Quite pleased with it, although the decal for the pots seems to have stretched slightly when soaking.  I always do a dry run with plain paper which fitted nicely, but on the right hand side the pot and scale are about 1mm off.  (Sorry, I'm a bit of a perfectionist!)

Thanks,
Michael.

:o  :o  :o 

how we say here in Italy, "you win with low hands"!!!!!!

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Thomeeque

Yep, you should sand it completely and start over again..

Really?  :icon_mrgreen:

IMO perfect, I like it a lot! T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

davent

Michael, Great looking pedal there!!! And since no one's asked, where did you get the enclosure? 

Take care
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Mialbu

Wow! Thanks for all the positive comments!

Slade, the etch work on that pedal is stunning.

Quote from: Thomeeque on June 17, 2009, 10:56:36 AM
Yep, you should sand it completely and start over again..
I actually considered doing that (but not for long)

Quote from: davent on June 17, 2009, 11:11:47 AM
And since no one's asked, where did you get the enclosure? 

The enclosure was an old style Marshall Guv'nor as seen here (not my photo).
It was donated to me by a friend, as it only worked when it felt like it.  I tried going through it, but couldn't find anything wrong, so he said I could use it for the components/shell.

Michael.

bumblebee

Hi everyone,

This is a popular fuzz design (!) housed in an old Marshall Guv'nor enclosure.  Enclosure was stripped, the extra jack socket hole filled with wood and expoxy, the whole lot was primed, sprayed with black enamel and then full face decals applied and clear coated.   Decals are my own work with the help of clipart and Word's autoshapes.

Thanks,
Michael.
You've done a very nice job on this one!

cloudscapes

fantastic work on that fuzz!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

bent

nice job  :icon_razz:.....where did you get those knob?

bent
Long live the music.....

Renegadrian

A couple of the latest

ProCo RAT with mods

A friend of mine asked for a RAT - I decided to go with some (useful) mods too:
* diode selection (Si-LEDs)
* Ruetz LUBE mod, which adds some interesting nuances...
I really liked how it turned out, and I love the sound of the LEDs.
That beast can ROAR like a lion or purr like a kitten...

RED SQUEEZER

Nice and easy circuit, good compressor...It is a common thought that Mark Knofler used one back in the days, while I read somewhere that he didn't - actually I tried the TUNNEL OF LOVE solo, and I can say you can get quite close to that sound...

And after like 18 months of diy-ing (not dying, luckily  :icon_eek:) I can proudly show my guts (well, the guts of my pedals, not MY guts...) <---Sorry for being stupid...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Valoosj

Nice work Renegradian.
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Hanglow

Just a Mosfet boost

I've never tried doing a point to point/tagstrip pedal from a schematic before, so it was a good learning experience.

Not exactly the neatest  :icon_sad: And the new solder I got is horrible to work with  ???

Sounds great though :nod: