News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benoi31

I am really sorry, I am french and I cant help noticing some mistakes in the last pedal...
It should be "la presse française", and input is more like "entrée" than "données" which means data.
Hope you will forgive me for that

Anyway, super clean etches and wiring ! I really like the True Grit one, the design really reminds of a good western movie

Brisance

Something not fancy for a while:

It's a new Treble overdrive. Had to de- and resolder a resistor until I thought I had enough gain finally after testing. First tests sound a lot nicer, than it looks :)

diydave

thx for the comments. Feels like I've foun my "personal touch".
Really like the bending en wooding, more than drilling and dressing up a hammond enclosure. D-i-y all the way.

Always stuned about the nice builds that are shown here.

Brisance

Tested a painting method on that last thing, which involved painting it with a primer and dripping some of GFs nail polish on it then dripping on some acetone on it. Next time I will thin the nail polish first, so it will spread better. Also need to clear coat it, but I borrowed the can to my friend :/

apollomusicservice

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 31, 2015, 10:25:34 AM
Quote from: apollomusicservice on March 31, 2015, 09:41:12 AM

That artwork hurts my brain when I stare at it :icon_eek: But I love it :icon_twisted:

@apollo...love the etched tube protector , nice touch. 8)
[/quote]

Thanks guys for the sincere words

WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt

A new pedal I have been working on. It's distortion with octave up.  It has a gate action and on low gain gives plenty of glitchy sounds. 

vigilante397

Quote from: WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt on April 08, 2015, 10:18:28 PM

There are very few builds I've seen that make those knobs look legitimately good, but this has been added to the list.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Cozybuilder

Another for the micro pedal board:

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Luke51411

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Cozybuilder

noobamp

god....you're a mad man! It makes no sense how that schematic made its way into that box. it doesn't!
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

davent

You can't help but smile... that's crazy good Russ!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

stallik

I think he got a dirty great tyre lever for X-Mass :D
Nice job man!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Cozybuilder

Heres a couple of shots to help anyone who wants to try stuffing a small box with a perf build. A couple of components had to be moved/changed: Ri (10M) had to be stood on end, power to the LED is from the header using routing from the empty hole by U2-4 to the empty hole by U3-11 to the daughterboard, and ground to the daughterboard is routed from the moved R1 through the new hole by U1-4. Look closely at the board shots, it'll make sense.

Blue = components on the same side of the perf and the wire directly attached on the other side of the board. The red is wires on the component side. Black is header pin and SIP sockets. LED resistor (R24) and its cap (47nF), R15, and the 2 pots are on the daughterboard.

287m

brutally total honest to Russ Cozybuilder
can i marriage your brain just to get ideas?

:icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:
kidding man

2 thumbs up for you

midwayfair

Quote from: noobamp on April 10, 2015, 11:48:02 AM
god....you're a mad man! It makes no sense how that schematic made its way into that box. it doesn't!

Actually, it gets even better: because he ADDED more components to it, for the millennium bypass.

I can't stop laughing at how awesome it is.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

~arph

Yes, but imagine what he could stuff in there if he went smd....

Perrow

Quote from: Cozybuilder on April 10, 2015, 12:27:15 PM
Look closely at the board shots, it'll make sense.

No. Just trust me, it won't.

Quote from: Cozybuilder on April 10, 2015, 12:27:15 PM

Removing material from the box to fit the pots and DC jack, that makes sense.

Designing the board so it has the exact shape available to it, really makes sense.

Removing all but one of the tabs on the input and output jacks, also makes sense.

I'm guessing from the images that you actually cut some material from the jacks, to fit them closer to the top of the box, which strangely makes sense.

Managing to pull it off, makes no sense.

Good work there, truly impressive.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Perrow

By the way, using SIL sockets to fit stuff underneath the ICs, brilliant.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)