News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocket8810

man, can't wait to see the final product. if it's anything like you're others it's going to be awesome.

italianguy63

Thank you so much for the compliment.

I have the artwork all done, selected, and laid out.  It is very cool.

It is the 1st pedal I am trying to do as a laser etch on powdercoat.  I have recruited some "help" because it is not something I can do "in house."  So, there is a process here, and as it is done-- I am doing 20 at a time and there becomes supply-chain probs. (because I don't do the powder coat either!)  So.  It will just be very time consuming before the "final" pretty ones get rolled out.

But, the PCB, and prototype came out awesome.  I'm really happy.  Really, an amazing amount of work to do from scratch and it all works, and fits!!!  I'm really pleased!  Can you tell?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

MrBinns

>Chuckbuick's excellent SMD A/DA Flanger. Rocks!!!

That is beautiful

italianguy63

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 11, 2015, 04:20:52 PM
Thank you so much for the compliment.

I have the artwork all done, selected, and laid out.  It is very cool.

It is the 1st pedal I am trying to do as a laser etch on powdercoat.  I have recruited some "help" because it is not something I can do "in house."  So, there is a process here, and as it is done-- I am doing 20 at a time and there becomes supply-chain probs. (because I don't do the powder coat either!)  So.  It will just be very time consuming before the "final" pretty ones get rolled out.

But, the PCB, and prototype came out awesome.  I'm really happy.  Really, an amazing amount of work to do from scratch and it all works, and fits!!!  I'm really pleased!  Can you tell?

MC

I am actually pretty excited about this one... been working on it awhile.

Let me give a "shout out" to Petey Twofinger... he was actually the inspiration for the pedal.  We joke around alot, and LaTunda is a South American folklore monster... there are some interesting/funny videos on U-toob about it.  Anyway, his joking prodded me into doing a "themed" pedal.  I hope he enjoys it (and I hope he will do the product demo video for me when the production units finally get done in a month or two)..  
MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Brisance

It's a phono preamp, I built, after it's back from the customer, who is currently testing it, I will polish it up and get a better pic.

bean

6/8 stage tap tempo phaser with secondary optical output. This one uses the TAPLFO chip and is based on the Mutron phaser.

vigilante397

Quote from: bean on May 14, 2015, 10:02:08 AM

Stuff like this is the reason you're one of my favorite people in the world. Just wow.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

diydave

A four knob rat with diode switch (bat41's or OA81's).
Rather classic build, but when I put the knobs on it to test the layout, I just fell in love with the black, chrome and wood. So I omitted the graphics.

I call this "the smoker". It's the Omega from Runoffgroove. Nice boost.

storyboardist

Love the look of that RAT. That enclosure is sweet! Well done

duck_arse

wood, rivets and lint. nice work diy. how do you like the range control on the omega?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

italianguy63

Quote from: duck_arse on May 15, 2015, 12:04:02 PM
wood, rivets and lint.

I think it was feather dander Ducky...

vigilante397

I wanted to post these because they are the end of an era for me. These will be the last pedals I do with waterslides. I finally have my CNC machine figured out and successfully completed my first engraved enclosure (pics in the Etched Enclosures thread). So without further ado:

Dr. Boogie built off the original gaussmarkov layout. What's the point of emulating an amp if you're not infringing copyright laws too? :icon_twisted:

Tube Driver built off the fabulous boards sold by TH Custom. Shipping takes a while from Germany, but great stuff at great prices. Botched the waterslide a little, please pretend not to notice :D

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

diydave

Very nice.
I'm always flabbergasted in the way you achieve this, mr Davent

peterg

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Elijah-Baley

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 05, 2015, 10:29:32 AM
OK-- a teaser... I've been busy.

This is the prototype of my next "production" unit... it is "LaTunda"--

It is a true positive ground (charge pumped), Tycobrahe Octavia.  Complete with MPSA18 and 2N6519's.  Onboard pots, LED, and switch for the octave effect...  Currently working on the enclosure art and production...

Works great-- way cool.  Check out the black phenolic.

MC

Very good job!
duck_arse (great! :)) had advised me to add a resistor for avoiding an increment volume when you disactive the octave up. Did you use this trick?

Thank you!
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

davent

Thanks guys! Finished wiring this up this evening. JMK "Flender Bender" in a chopped Hammond 1590J, room to breath.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

peterg

Dave. That is stunning!

Cozybuilder

That looks excellent Dave!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.