Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plexi

The living proof that everypedal can fit in any enclosure :D
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

flanagan0718

Here we have a MBP Naughty Fish (Mutron III layout). I used Alcohol inks on the enclosure then clear coat, Then applied the decal, then clear coated again. It came out a little dark but still looks pretty cool. it is in a 1790NS Enjoy

NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!

Thanks for looking

-Mike-
Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/

EBK

Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 15, 2017, 11:54:28 PM
it is in a 1790NS
But, why?
One of the major selling point of the Naughty Fish board is the fact that it was designed for a 1590B.  Why put it in something much much larger?  (Sorry, I'm unusually sensitive on the issue of pedal size.)
Still, the outside looks kinda cool.  :icon_smile:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

flanagan0718

Quote from: EBK on July 16, 2017, 07:05:13 AM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 15, 2017, 11:54:28 PM
it is in a 1790NS
But, why?
One of the major selling point of the Naughty Fish board is the fact that it was designed for a 1590B.  Why put it in something much much larger?  (Sorry, I'm unusually sensitive on the issue of pedal size.)
Still, the outside looks kinda cool.  :icon_smile:

The guy I built it for wanted a huge enclosure. That's all. If I had my way it would have gone in a 125b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/

Focalized

Things seem very slow around here. Is the peak of DIY FX over?

Another Muff and an X-Fuzz. The Muff is a Dope Priest. Really tight. I limited the use of the tone knob and tone switch with an audio pot. Easy fix. But with it as is the low range I like with Muffs is much more subtle.

EBK

That's beautiful-looking perfboard work!  I love the rounded corners, the empty margins all the way around, and the way the parts make a neat, uniform rectangle. 

What are the names of those powder coat colors/textures?
  • SUPPORTER

Focalized

Quote from: EBK on July 22, 2017, 08:00:13 AM
That's beautiful-looking perfboard work!  I love the rounded corners, the empty margins all the way around, and the way the parts make a neat, uniform rectangle. 

What are the names of those powder coat colors/textures?

Thanks for appreciation to my detail.

Yes, for some reason I always round off my corners.

The black is actually truck bed paint. It's a nice textured black. I've yet to try mixing other colors.

The orange is a mix of silver hammer-tone and metallic orange. Smooth clearcoat.

I often mix lots of paints to see how they turn out. 

snarblinge

I have been very slow at getting things done, I bought a bunch of fabbed boards years ago and am still slowly getting them boxed. Also recently aquired an airbrush, and am experimenting with paint pens using the same paint as what is in the brush. no more sharpie vs clearcoat accidents. (fingers crossed) in any case, here is 1776's rub a dub.

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

EBK

I've used paint markers on a few boxes in the past.  It is an interesting experience watching a design "grow" through a process where mistakes are best corrected by counterintuitively adding more paint.  Requires a bit of faith and bravery.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

bean

My take on the old Hazelwanter pitch shifter with some new additions. This was a bit of a bear to build, actually! For the copper faceplate I kept the name masked with PnP, and did the rest in Liquid Tin to get the two tone look. One coat of clear darkened it up and made the black backing smooth looking.

pgorey

Nice work Bean.  That right there is some great wire and spacial management and a slick finish.

goo

that`s my fuzz face.
pots refer to some of the most well-known images of classic Ukrainian literature (fate - sorrow - linden tree / vol-fuzz-bias-inputcapswitch_unmarked).
trannies are soviet MP25B (МП25Б, from 1978). pretty like its sound, low-gain germanium.

fuzzfuzzfuzz

EBK

Bean, are those giant knobs obscuring labels on the toggles?
  • SUPPORTER

thermionix

Quote from: EBK on July 27, 2017, 06:03:54 AM

Impossible.  They're see-through!   :icon_mrgreen:

EBK

Quote from: thermionix on July 28, 2017, 04:14:45 PM
Quote from: EBK on July 27, 2017, 06:03:54 AM

Impossible.  They're see-through!   :icon_mrgreen:
I see.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

jmwreck

PCB from schalltechnik (B3K and Vintage) Bass Overdrive. Enclosure is 1590xx and it's my first time finishing a case with envirotex

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

EBK

Looks amazing!  One question though.  Do you have your lock washers for the toggles on the outside of the enclosure?
  • SUPPORTER

digi2t

New PCB work-a-like of the Spaceman Sputnik II by the amazing PMowdes. In honor of that poor mutt that gave her life in the name of science, and doomed passenger aboard the Sputnik II, we baptised the boards the "Laika Fuzz". It's a bitchin' beast (pun intended).

For those that watched my vero clone demo of the Sputnik II, I have to say that as cool as I thought the clone sounded, it doesn't hold a candle to this one. With some tweaks, and different transistors, the Laika is kicking both the clone, as well as the Spaceman unit, in the proverbial crotches. If the Spaceman unit was stolen tomorrow, no tears shed. OK, OK... insurance would cover the loss, but you get my drift.  :thumb:

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

bluebunny

Ruff!  NOT.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Plexi

Cool! Great names to knobs
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.