SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper4

Sure is.
A nice bit of prime maple.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Elijah-Baley

Hello!
I started a little time ago to stick the graphic on my pedals! :icon_cool:

It's clear enough, but... Bit Commander, Timmy, ProCo Rat, MXR Blue Box, X-Fuzz (Deadastronaut project and some mods found in the forum) and Rebote Delay 2.5 (still not ready).
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

EBK

You're going to eventually run out of different fonts, Elijah.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Elijah-Baley

I like customize every pedal. ;D

I drawn those graphic months ago, but I bought a printer in september.
Now I have to find one I like at least for the logo. Maybe I did.

Stay tuned! 8)
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

Fancy Lime

Quote from: glops on November 14, 2017, 03:02:22 PM
Here's a Bee Baa from RG's layout at GeoFX. Using one of Mac Walker's cool slanted enclosures:

And here's a Harmonic Percolator in one of those Superfuzz style enclosures you can get off eBay:

These look fantastic! How did you paint them?

Cheers,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

glops

Quote from: Fancy Lime on November 20, 2017, 05:32:32 AM

Cheers,
Andy
[/quote]

Thanks, Andy! For the Tokyo Fist / Bee Baa it's reversed etched so spray paint and then sanding off the top exposes the unetched aluminum. Doing different colors, I just mask off portions, etc.

For the Pile Pile, the enclosure is made of steel which doesn't etch very deep with ferric chloride so hard to add paint and then sand off. So I etched it but didn't paint it. After I etched it, I rinsed it but didn't dry it off and let it sit so that it would rust a bit. Cleaned it again and clearcoated it without sanding the top so the design is the toner transfer...

Hope that makes sense...

creepingnet

Been Testing my "Fazz Fuzz" for the past several months, have not been online as I've been busy practicing with a 90's cover band, traveling Europe, and now planning for a few future things so I've been very busy - but testing has ensued.  So here it is on my board, where it's been living the past several months.

Current improvements in the works to make a Revision 2/3/4/etc... once time and money is free enough to do so....
- Remove center footswitch, it's redaundant, I can wire in the momentary to the permanant on/off so it's not needed
- I'm planning some changes to "Chicas" circuit to make it a tad more stable and maybe add some additional functionality
- I'm creating a PCB layout in Circuitmaker 2000 that allows me to build a nice pile of them in the future, I spent about $150 in components to get started in this and I have plenty more except Transistors to make at least 10 more of these in the future
- I socketed the transistors so I could try different ones......so some future experimentation may happen using different transistors (the original uses 3X BC517 and 3X BC337)
- I'm looking at tone control options possibly

Overall, sound-wise, I'm happy with it.  This thing is bloody powerful even when chopped down to 5vdc (I've run it as high as 15vdc, seems 9vdc at 100mA is the sweet spot though), very loud, very clear, but not very noisy.  With the 90's cover band it's been doing really well being layered over distortion and being used by itself, actually, the tone is amazing, very crunchy with just a slight bit of mud, and controlled feedback is very easy, even at low volumes.  Some settings though are highly chaotic though, hence the momentary footswitch.  I am finding some odd/inconsistant behavior to debug too, but that may just be because I'm using used 1.5M pots in this thing for the voltage/bias adjust features on the outside.

thermionix

Looks like your C string is in tune.

Fancy Lime

Quote from: glops on November 20, 2017, 05:18:55 PM
Quote from: Fancy Lime on November 20, 2017, 05:32:32 AM

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks, Andy! For the Tokyo Fist / Bee Baa it's reversed etched so spray paint and then sanding off the top exposes the unetched aluminum. Doing different colors, I just mask off portions, etc.

For the Pile Pile, the enclosure is made of steel which doesn't etch very deep with ferric chloride so hard to add paint and then sand off. So I etched it but didn't paint it. After I etched it, I rinsed it but didn't dry it off and let it sit so that it would rust a bit. Cleaned it again and clearcoated it without sanding the top so the design is the toner transfer...

Hope that makes sense...

[/quote]

Yes it does, thanks! The rusty version is really cool, very vintage. I also dig the general old school "what we thought the future would look like in 1982" vibe. Could be Blade Runner movie props.

Cheers,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

diydave

A second powerbooster.

a x-mas gift for a fellow musician

bluebunny

Quote from: diydave on December 01, 2017, 09:42:16 AM
a x-mas gift for a fellow musician

I think they're gonna be happy this Christmas.   :)   Nice work.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

roseblood11

Quote from: Pettol on November 02, 2017, 05:33:05 PM
OMG, I'm building slowly these days. Finally finished this tremolo and reverb pedal.

Great design! What do you use to protect the decals on the knobs? Clear coat?

alixxx

My version of Carl Martin Plexitone.

rankot

My take on Acoustic 220 preamp, pedal size. Before assembly and final shot.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

glops

Here's a Xmas present for someone. It's a Harmonic Percolator with some additional fun.

rankot

EHX Bassballs with Mark Hammer's mods (Slurpee):

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

GiovannyS10

Hey guys,
This is my last one build. It's an Engineer's Thumb 2knob version.  :icon_mrgreen:

This one was not so beautiful inside, but i will try to make it better in the next one.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

Elijah-Baley

Nice pedal! ;)
I have half populated a 5knob version, I'm waiting for some missing parts.

Benoi31

Here is my last pedal: a Sunn Model T preamp with a few mods to make it gainier (aalll the gain!), the normal channels deliver nice bassy distortion, while the normal channel is actually very good for lower gain settings.

I wrote a blog post about it here: http://www.coda-effects.com/2017/12/black-hole-sunn-model-t-preamp.html

I also added a LPB1 that can be activated with a switch to achieve maximum gain for doom or heavy stoner. I really like it, I need to find a place on my board for it!
It is also my first try with SMD transistors, easier than expected !

ElectricDruid

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on December 23, 2017, 12:17:45 AM
It's an Engineer's Thumb 2knob version.  :icon_mrgreen:

Is that a pedal sat on a pile of mangoes? That's a marvellous thing to see if so. Or am I mistaking the fruit?

T.