News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garcho

^ are those SMT JFETs on little breakout boards?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

temol

Yes, daughterboards with MMBFJ201 (smd version of J201)

T.

roseblood11

Nice built! Would like to see the schematics and layout...

italianguy63

Finished out the last Dead Astronaut Chasm Reverb (had an extra PCB).

Had a couple nice Carling 2PDT stomps, so I put the OSC on a stomp and added the 2nd LED.  Came out really nice.  Works great!!

I was going to set it up for a 9V battery but decided not to.. it would have moved the stomps way out to the edges.  Decided against it.

Thank you Rob for the art-file... made it easy and I did not have to reinvent the wheel!!

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

Nice job, Mark.  Reminds me that I need to finish mine too...   :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

came out nice man....cool.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

thermionix

JP Jones approves of your etch.  Looks great.  I'm going to jast make a totally uninformed assumption that it would have been a battery eater had you included that option.  I have no idea though.

italianguy63

Quote from: thermionix on January 18, 2018, 11:42:05 PM
JP Jones approves of your etch.  Looks great.  I'm going to jast make a totally uninformed assumption that it would have been a battery eater had you included that option.  I have no idea though.

Probably... (eat battery)

Wow, that's quite a compliment from JPJ!!!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Elijah-Baley

My multimeter says that my Rub-a-Dub Reverb Deluxe with the BTDR-3H draws about 62mA. Actually it is my big pedal eater. :P
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

italianguy63

I don't think I have posted this one before.

A fun one.  Actually a play on Old Gregg and the Mighty Boosh.  My friend has been accused of not having enough FUNK.

Anyway-- This was actually a little hard because the picture was grey-scale, and I did not know if it would etch.  It came out OK.

This is actually a Green Russian Big Muff.

MC

Zilla

A few recent builds:

Soldano x88r preamp

Dave Rolo Twin Peaks Tremolo

TC Electronics Integrated Preamp (sorry, no gut shot)

garcho

^great looking stuff!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Elijah-Baley

Nice! ;)
Where did you get the Soldano layout? ???
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

Zilla

Thanks

it's my layout based on the schematic.  *very* similar to the dr. boogie.

runmikeyrun

Just finished two Klon Centaur clones... these sound great!!

I really like the powder coated enclosures from Pedal Parts Plus, they look fantastic.

Ham fisting my way through one build to the next since 2003. 
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Elijah-Baley

I love them! ;) The Klon Centaur is on the list of my next order. ;D

Do you post a report about it? The Diode Switch appear clear enough, and I know even the Thick Switch, but what about the Boost? And what is the difference between the Overdrive and the Blend control?

Marcos - Munky

rankot

Mine Uglyface distortion:

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

stallik

Shovel mk2 almost complete. Just waiting for the strap button. Improved tone courtesy of bridge to PU distance, aligned 12th fret position with top rivet by moving the nut back, other positions neatly fell against text markers on the neck (pure luck) also added volume as this one will be used on stage by a mate. Did a much better job of the string tree and relocated the tuners. Easier to hit the right note on this one. Planning mk3 already but each shovel has a different shape so those plans have to be modded on the fly.

The guys in the garden center are starting to look at me strangely as I go through all the shovels, checking the angles, sighting the neck, tapping the wood... :icon_redface:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

Stunning, Kev.  Cigar-box guitars are sooooo last year!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...