Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

Very nice 1st build!

roseblood11

Quote from: Zilla on January 19, 2018, 12:38:07 PM
A few recent builds:

Soldano x88r preamp

Nice built! I'd really like to see schematic and layout for this one...

flanagan0718

a few i finished recently.

dummy load box

Parasit studio 0415

Love My Switches Whammoth

Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/

kaycee

A few recent builds.

Colorsound Bass Fuzz, with boost switch.

Big Cheese Fuzz on a Fuzz Dog PCB

Mosrite Fuzzrite clone with tone switch.

Clone of the Keeley 4 knob Dynacomp.

All finished with alcohol inks and letter stamping.

vigilante397

Quote from: kaycee on March 01, 2018, 05:11:20 AM

I love all of these, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be this one. Really great looking work. I'm always super jealous of the results people get with alcohol inks, one of these days I'll have to try it out 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

kaycee

Thanks!

This one has an inks base (the red colours) with a sponge print of the black over the top, its quite textured - a few coats of clear over the top evens it out for stamping the letters.

I used to do transfers, enjoyed the designing process, but got very fed up with the fails - this is quick and reliable - not everyone's cup of tea I fully understand, but I don't have the time or inclination to bugger around these days.

vigilante397

Quote from: kaycee on March 01, 2018, 02:42:00 PM
this is quick and reliable

Is it really? :icon_eek: Inn that case I'll definitely have to try it out. I currently just do painting and engraving, but my paint jobs tend to be a little less than stellar. I guess the real question is, how well does laser engraving show up over alcohol inks? :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bamslam69

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on February 27, 2018, 05:07:17 PM
Very nice 1st build!
Well, first build in a year  ;D
I have 3 more empty enclosures to fill. Thought I'd start off with something simple to get back into it.
Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah

EBK

Quote from: kaycee on March 01, 2018, 05:11:20 AM

kaycee, I love this pedal, but you are killing me with those red-insert knobs.   :icon_eek: (sorry.  :icon_redface:)  Purple, white, or silver knobs would look so nice on that.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

thermionix

Just wrapped up the last project I had in the works.  MXR Dist+ with an LM10 opamp and 1S1588 clippers.  I like it.

So what's next?

bancika

Not a stompbox per se, but not much bigger than some stompboxes. My latest build - Soldano SLO preamp with point-to-point wiring and relay switching

First demo - ibanez RG 2550 into the preamp with a touch of timmy (clone) overdrive at the front to shape the bass response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ZffTee2Rc

Second demo - DIY headless telecaster into crunch channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pHqs87a_mg

For more info and clips http://diy-fever.com/amps/soldano-preamp-mk2/
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

amptramp

^^^

This looks like cordwood with a set of tube sockets forming one side of the sandwich.  Very nice work!

bluebunny

Quote from: bancika on March 07, 2018, 08:05:25 AM
My latest build - Soldano SLO preamp with point-to-point wiring and relay switching

Love it.  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Joncaster

Posted this as it's own thread but then thought it should be here maybe...

First Build, Minimalist Hybrid Fuzz

Music is Eternity: stretched like the sky over the landscape of our lives.

"It's better to be looking at it, than looking for it."

My Band:
http://www.coldwatermorning.bandcamp.com

roseblood11

Quote from: thermionix on March 06, 2018, 08:56:13 PM
Just wrapped up the last project I had in the works.  MXR Dist+ with an LM10 opamp and 1S1588 clippers. 

So what's next?

Why did you use the LM10?

Plexi

To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

thermionix

Quote from: roseblood11 on March 19, 2018, 01:10:28 PM
Why did you use the LM10?

Because it was there, really.  Freebie from a box of random stuff.  I wanted to try it in something so I breadboarded a Dist+.  It sounded good so I built it.  It is socketed so I can swap over to a 741, which also sounds good.  I'm only using the "regular" half of the LM10, so I guess it's a bit of a waste, but cool that the pinout is close enough to common singles.  To my tastes the actual "improvements" I made to the D+ are Si clippers and all-film signal path caps.  The LM10 is somewhat of a gimmick maybe, an inside joke, something that the other guy doesn't have, but it does sound good in there.  Not really better or worse than the 741, just slightly different.  Plus it has that cool PACE logo, I've not seen that brand before.

thermionix

Quote from: Plexi on March 19, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
'73 Ram's Head

Excellent!  Which particular circuit?

Any news on the DeuceTone?

Plexi

This one:

Sadly, the only and last news is that it is waiting in customs office to be classified.
Classic Argentina :-D
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

thermionix

Quote from: Plexi on March 19, 2018, 08:28:20 PM
This one:

Same version I built, I like it.  I added a switch for stock/tone off/flatter EQ, but honestly I just leave it on the stock setting.  I also added some power filtering so it can run off my noisy wall wart, even though I usually use the battery.