News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatredman

Quote from: bancika on March 07, 2018, 08:05:25 AM
Not a stompbox per se, but not much bigger than some stompboxes. My latest build - Soldano SLO preamp with point-to-point wiring and relay switching

First demo - ibanez RG 2550 into the preamp with a touch of timmy (clone) overdrive at the front to shape the bass response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ZffTee2Rc

Second demo - DIY headless telecaster into crunch channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pHqs87a_mg

For more info and clips http://diy-fever.com/amps/soldano-preamp-mk2/
Have to ask: why the different orientations of the front panel switches?

.sig goes here.

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Plexi

Quote from: thermionix on March 19, 2018, 09:01:59 PM
Quote from: Plexi on March 19, 2018, 08:28:20 PM
This one:

Same version I built, I like it.  I added a switch for stock/tone off/flatter EQ, but honestly I just leave it on the stock setting.  I also added some power filtering so it can run off my noisy wall wart, even though I usually use the battery.

I like it too! I've noticed a bit more bassy/dark than other versions.
The 22k and 33k resistor in the tone stack mark the difference
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

thermionix

Quote from: Plexi on March 20, 2018, 05:14:23 PM
I've noticed a bit more bassy/dark than other versions.
The 22k and 33k resistor in the tone stack mark the difference

Maybe, I haven't really compared it to much else, but I do turn the tone knob up to about 3:00.

cathexis

A classic: Tim Escobedo´s Ugly Face fuzz with LFO and blend control. You can´t see it in the picture, but I added an LDR in a 3.5mm angled plug that fits in a switch jack on the side of the box that adds some resistance over the frequency pot for added photonic screechy fun.  :)

Lydia Lunch posed for the picture herself. The photographer is the soon-to-be owner of this pedal. White LED:s adds a distinct no wave vibe. No colors anywhere.

Plexi

nice build, cathexis!
Nice enclosure size too, it's like a 'taller' 1590BB
How do you paint the box?
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

cathexis

Quote from: Plexi on March 21, 2018, 03:48:18 PM
nice build, cathexis!
Nice enclosure size too, it's like a 'taller' 1590BB
How do you paint the box?

Thank you! This one is clear coat, laser printed waterslide decal, clear coat again. It was great to build in a taller box, a lot less fiddly!

thermionix

I had to google Lydia Lunch.  Wikipedia says she used to steal food for the Dead Boys ("I Need Lunch!") so I reckon she's alright by me.  Now, what Stiv might have done with that food is probably best not contemplated, if you want to keep your lunch.

garcho

QuoteLydia Lunch posed for the picture herself

bravo

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

rankot

Three compressors in an old military box: Ross, Engineer's Thumb and Clean Squeeze.

I've built this long time ago, but I couldn't make LED compression indicator on Clean Squeeze work as expected until now.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

vigilante397

Looks great, but out of curiosity, when would you ever need three compressors at once? :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

SpencerPedals

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 22, 2018, 04:10:39 PM
Looks great, but out of curiosity, when would you ever need three compressors at once? :icon_eek:

Clearly you've never tried to compress your guitar's tone into literal diamonds.  That's how you make your tone truly sparkle.

rankot

I never use them all at once, but I wanted to have three different types of compressors always at hand (or foot?) :)

And I had this beautifull box I got for cheap!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

temol

My newest work - GTFO distortion. Worked immediately after powering on, no problems.  Running @310V. No enclosure yet. I'm not sure if I want 1590BB with tubes sticking out or taller, like 1590C.

T.

flanagan0718

Hunter Fuzz. (Devi Shoegazer Work a like) PCB layout by me. Etched Face plate by me as well. enjoy

Hope you like it

-Mike-
Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/

vigilante397

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 24, 2018, 12:20:21 AM

Hope you like it

I do indeed, sweet looking build 8) I especially like the way you dedicated it to the owner :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

So it's been like a million years since I actually posted any pictures on here because when I finish a build I just get so excited about the next one that I forget about the one that's done. So here's one I finished a couple days ago and a couple I finished a few months ago:

HAND-WIRED BOUTIQUE VINTAGE MOJO - TS808 clone. I wanted a super obnoxious name because most of the people that ask me to build them tubescreamers are super obnoxious. They don't care about me, they just want cheap pedals, so that's what I'm giving them. CNC engraved box.

MicroTape - Deep Blue Delay clone. I tried an experiment here that didn't work out. I painted blue on top of a white powdercoated enclosure figuring I could laser off the blue and have a blue box with white artwork. The blue paint was too thick and melted/burned so instead of the 1960's retro look I was going for I got a 2160's post-dystopian future look.

Splinter - Modified RAT. I brought the gain down a bit (A50k instead of A100k) and swapped the filter control for a regular tone control. Laser engraved box, but the laser only went through like 90% of the paint so it has this cool black box/dark grey artwork look.

I also decided on a new slogan: "High-quality components and unbridled sass" :icon_mrgreen:

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

The enclosure is analog.  ;)

vigilante397

Quote from: thermionix on March 27, 2018, 12:10:29 AM
The enclosure is analog.  ;)

As analog as it gets! But it's true, PT2399 is technically digital (I've seen it referred to as "pseudo-analog" in some places ::)). But the dry signal path is all analog, so I like to think that counts for something :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com