Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KORGULL

My first two builds from last year:

Notice the black painted washer on the Hornet :wink:

bettycat

disto

my first every pedal its a bit of a mess!!! should be getting some new pictures of some newer ones check my site

ps. how most of you get such smooth decal on your pedals? i've tried using a "make your own fake tatoos" as a method but its hard to use... (they are thin stickers and fold easily and makes a mess)

10acErnie

Here's my first DIY Stomp Box Project since the 80's!!! It's a Green Ringer Clone in my favorite color.
Pictured with my '60 Relic Strat Clone that I built, finished & reliced.

Pierre

wow ! nice guitar !!!

ddes

I gotta say WoW too! Nice guitar!

I havent finished my first stompbox yet, but I tried to make enclosures out of 0.5mm zinc coated sheet metal... It sucked :D

mongo

Quote from: 10acErnieHere's my first DIY Stomp Box Project since the 80's!!! It's a Green Ringer Clone in my favorite color.
Pictured with my '60 Relic Strat Clone that I built, finished & reliced.

wow man, beautiful color!!! its water blue? blue green???

Andy

10acErnie

Quote from: mongowow man, beautiful color!!! its water blue? blue green???
Andy

Thanks guys!!!

That's Seafoam Green. I got the lacquer from reranch.com. They have a great selection of  nitro lacquer in 50's & 60's Fender colors, and they have them in spray cans!

terabzter

Hey! I haven't built any pedal effects yet, but here is my first tubeamp! :
(AX84 P1 with MV and gain mods)

I'm planning to build a cabinet for it, and two weber alnico 10" speakers. (head+cabinet)
- Preben

Storing!

My dual phaser
Contains a P90 and a P45 I can select either or them in series
Has seen a bit of stage use hence the scratched box

My last build, an orange squeezer. Even with some grafics and labeling this time.

And my last project, a stereo in out electric mistress. The stereo setup is tapped delay version. Only a print with electronic stereo bypass with an output booster has to be added (tight build ;)

Eric

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik
Quote from: Mark Hammerimage of semi/populated but uninstalled boards
Mark,
Out of curiosity, could you give a description of some of the stuff we see?

Well, er, um, you see that's the thing...I guess....many of these have been waiting for me to return to them for so long that I, um, sort, of "forgot" what they were, and was hoping to eventually identify them while sorting through things.  You know, finding a PCB layout that might trigger a suppressed memory (I'm probably the only guy who could say to a psychiatrist, "Let me show you my etchings...PLEASE!").  I *can* say, however, that the big blue board is a PAiA Phlanger, and that there are a bunch of old ETI things in there, and a Moog ladder filter that Mike Irwin graciously gave me.  Sadly, since that photo was taken, there are even more boards that have joined their ranks.

Here is the thing, though.  Op-amps? often under $1.  Caps?  Often $0.10 to $0.30@.  Same for transistors.  Resistors?  $0.02-0.10@.  Copper board?  $1 a sheet.  Glossy photo paper for making boards? $0.10 a sheet.  Hookup wire?  $0.05/ft.  So far so good.  Jacks? $1-mono $1.50- stereo...when you can find them.  Pots?  $0.70@ when I get to my favourite place, but normally $1.49-$2.49@....IF they have that value/taper in stock.  Chassis?  ?11.00...IF they have them in stock.   Stompswitches?  $4@.

You can see that making and stuffing a board is dirt cheap, compared to actually connecting it to the controls, switches and jacks necessary to having the board actually DO something.  Dead easy to keep the inventory on-hand that will let you populate.  Kind of pricey to have the same sort of available personal inventory when it comes to pots, jacks, switches, etc.  Of course, even when you have all the parts for interfacing the board with the real world, it takes only a couple of hours to produce and populate a board, and often a couple of months until you figure out why that one problem that one seem to go away is occurring.  Boards are easy, comedy is hard, finished working pedals is REALLY hard and hit and miss.

dubs

Here's a couple:
ROG matchbox:

Matchless Spitfire head & Cab:

el_xero

Here's my not-so-big muff pi

the inside is a real mess

It's my first, the second will be cleaner, promise

Yun

hey, Mr.El,  

What kind of enclosure is that eh?  That looks pretty far out.  

PS:  that looks pretty good to me, man!  You should have seen my first project!  the enclosure looked like a swiss cheese block, and don't get me started on the guts, man  :lol:
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Melanhead

There's some great stuff in here! Quite inspiring!

Here's my first pedal build .... It's getting better all the time, just don't have many pics ... I'll see what I can dig up ...

and some modded pedals posted a while ago:

Arn C.

Here are "some" of my effects.  A few of them are store bought.  I wouldn't know where to begin on telling what each one is, as I am not home, so I can not visually see each one.
Peace!
Arn C.

vfr800fiman

Oh, now were doing cabs & amlifiers  :)
What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil
Engineers? Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers
Build targets.

vfr800fiman

Sorry about that, I forgot that the "&" symbol is a no-no in a file system.
And for the amplifier spelling  :oops:

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil
Engineers? Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers
Build targets.

mongo

vfr800fiman ,beautiful amp and cabinet  man!!!!    :shock:

a little more details about these...????  

Andy

Sir H C

Hmmm, top left a fuzz face clone with RCA 2N218 transistors.  I love these.
Below, an octave fuzz with a mixing of the octave and fuzz, pre/post gain, silicon or germanium octave transistors, tone switch, "Death" gain boost.  Loud loud loud.

Below that a Si/Ge fuzz with NPN Si's driving PNP Ge's, 4 stages of gain.  Loud and cool.

"Atomic Fuzz" sounds like an amp shutting off.  Pretty much 2 FF circuits with a phase splitter on the front and a mixer on the back to only allow the in phase components to add.  Comes out really whacky.

DOD is a FF style with a cascode for the second stage.  

In the Bee Gee box is an octave fuzz where one side of the octave has different caps so that you can keep the lows un-octaved and the highs octaved to keep the thing working better with power chords then leads.

Not sure what is in the two crazy face boxes, they have been changed so many times...