News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H.Manback

Wilco, tell me more please!

(excuse me for seeming to have lost my marbles here, Wildmountain should know what I mean :icon_wink:)

Nice job on those pedals, what did you do on the paint for those last two? Is it metallic?

WildMountain

I posted these on the dutch forum as well, indeed.
Those last two were done with regular spray paints for cars. Only thing I did was, after painting it red or blue, slightly spray them with just a touch of silver metallic. Just enough to get some glitter on them.

Wilco.

amz-fx

Great pix, everyone!  I am enjoying looking at them all.

Here is one of my latest builds:

Here's a large closeup

regards, Jack

WildMountain

amz-fx

Quote from: WildMountain on February 05, 2006, 10:34:41 AM
Talk about glitter 8)

Put on those sunglasses!   :icon_mrgreen:   Actually it isn't glittery...  that is just the flash reflecting off the metallic bits in the paint.

regards, Jack

theundeadelvis

I've just recently started seriously building and here's what I've come up.

If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

Joecool85

Hey elvis, I'd like to know how you did your writing on the pedals, looks great.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

theundeadelvis

I use Adobe Illustrator for the graphics. I print it as 1 decal sized the same as the entire face of the enclosure, print on clear laser decal stock from Small Bear, soak off and apply, let dry for 24 hours, clear with lacquer, and voila!

theundeadelvis

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment Joecool! :icon_redface:
P.s. the font is Forte.

Joecool85

Wow, looks great, I may have to try some of those decals sometime.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

no one ever

is that a  murf? wooow
(chk chk chk)

theundeadelvis

Its the moogerfooger Ring Modulator and it is pretty darn cool! It was an X-mas present from my bro.

Eddie V

Quote from: theundeadelvis on February 05, 2006, 03:51:29 PM
Its the moogerfooger Ring Modulator and it is pretty darn cool! It was an X-mas present from my bro.

Sweet present!  Whats the one on the top left(3 knobs/LEDs and 2 stomp switches)?

theundeadelvis

That is a mini-mixer from (GGG) using 3 channels two of can be foot-switched off.

nero1985

WildMountain

Hey Nero, what kind of mods did you do on the Phase 90? Looks great.

Dave_B

Quote from: theundeadelvis on February 05, 2006, 03:22:02 PM
I use Adobe Illustrator for the graphics. I print it as 1 decal sized the same as the entire face of the enclosure, print on clear laser decal stock from Small Bear, soak off and apply, let dry for 24 hours, clear with lacquer, and voila!
theundeadelvis (tude?), are you drilling before or after you put the decal on? 
Help build our Wiki!

nero1985

it has a DPDT to bypass the last two stages, and another one to add caps in parallel for univibe

theundeadelvis

bellyfop, I drill before I put the decals on on. The best thing about the Super Lacquer I use is that its melts the decals a bit. Not enough to damage the look but enough to eat it away where there are holes drilled and it softens the edges so you don't notice its a decal.

P.s. I don't know what the (tude?) means?

Dave_B

Quote from: theundeadelvis on February 06, 2006, 06:01:56 PM
bellyfop, I drill before I put the decals on on. The best thing about the Super Lacquer I use is that its melts the decals a bit. Not enough to damage the look but enough to eat it away where there are holes drilled and it softens the edges so you don't notice its a decal.
I'm about a week away from trying this method, so thanks.  Are you using Plasti-Kote Clear Super Lacquer? 

QuoteP.s. I don't know what the (tude?) means?
tude = TheUnDeadElvis.  I was entertaining myself.  Nevermind.   :)
Help build our Wiki!