News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluoreszenz

Quote from: yeeshkul on April 10, 2010, 01:20:49 AM
How did you fix the PCB on the Bender without the screws coming through the box? Very nice guts man!

Focalized, I wondered the same thing? Your pedals look real classy, but the "mysterious" standoff mounting  ;) will haunt me... Are the standoffs glued to the enclosure?

trad3mark

This one is called Astro, and be careful that you don't do it!

Tried using t-shirt transfer paper. The paint started to melt..... Removing the burnt on paint from the iron is my next adventure, but, the result is that the paint looks a bit wrecked, and actually suits the vintage sound of the pedal. A happy accident if ever there was one!!!

It's based on the trotsky overdrive, but the only value that's the same is the gain dial (and even that's 47k instead of the 50k!!)

The cut switch is a centre off switch. It's got two options. Up cuts out the high end, which sounds great with a low output pickup. when switched down, it basically filters out most of the clipping, so it's kindof a unclean-clean boost... sort of. It's made using a GT404 and two D18 diodes.

I also mounted the board (as small as it is) to the pots, so it's all much more stable. I had a bit of an issue with the DC jack, but i found out that it was just a cold solder joint. other than that, it was a really smooth build. I'd like to think i'm making good progress. Here's a gut shot. Much neater than previous efforts, right? ;) still got a long way to go! But i cant wait to try this out on my vox on monday. EEE!

Focalized

Quote from: yeeshkul on April 10, 2010, 01:20:49 AM
How did you fix the PCB on the Bender without the screws coming through the box? Very nice guts man!

Glue!

Kev77

some recent projects

Taylor

phector2004

Quote from: Kev77 on April 10, 2010, 07:20:15 PM

Love the look! reminds me of those poisonous toadstools people somehow decide to taste  :P

How'd you do that?

Kev77

using laquer and enamel and baking the crp out it

amptramp

Ten different boxes and it looks like about six different techniques for finishing.  And they all look good!  And you don't even have any entries in the "Worst Looking Pedal Pictures Thread - Post Your Disasters Here" thread.  Tell me you have something worthy of this thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=68976.0

but you decided not to post it.  Getting such good results with every different technique you try just doesn't seem right.

I re-housed my PWM. It was in a boring all white box with black knobs. It's one of my favourite effects so I thought I'd give it a makeover.

Boogdish

my new design.  3 PT2399s in parallel with an LFO to modulate delay times.  Named after the Belgian style of beer, not a weird typo.  Hopefully I can get some soundclips up soon.  Chorus/vibe effects get really deep with another delay resonating with it.  All of the feedback knobs go back to the same spot which feeds all the chips so there's lots of cool cross-modulation between the delays.

Kev77

Quote from: amptramp on April 10, 2010, 10:29:18 PM

Ten different boxes and it looks like about six different techniques for finishing.  And they all look good!  And you don't even have any entries in the "Worst Looking Pedal Pictures Thread - Post Your Disasters Here" thread.  Tell me you have something worthy of this thread:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=68976.0

but you decided not to post it.  Getting such good results with every different technique you try just doesn't seem right.

thanks - I have a "sand that sucker" policy for any fugly ones,,
def worth getting a little oven for painting pedals

frequencycentral

Quote from: Boogdish on April 11, 2010, 04:05:29 PM

my new design.  3 PT2399s in parallel with an LFO to modulate delay times.  Named after the Belgian style of beer, not a weird typo.  Hopefully I can get some soundclips up soon.  Chorus/vibe effects get really deep with another delay resonating with it.  All of the feedback knobs go back to the same spot which feeds all the chips so there's lots of cool cross-modulation between the delays.

That sounds really interesting - can't wait to know more about it!  :icon_biggrin:
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

cloudscapes

love the glue-lines  ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

glenn.b

mg]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/glenndude/ae25e081.jpg[/img]

This is my Home -built Rangemaster type clone- I named the RangeSpreader...There is a Demo of it in action, with sounddclips here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Please Comment & Rate... thanks for watching!
....and ask Bernie if he wouldn't mind picking me up some Ferric Chloride once he gets done grabbin my 12 of Sam Adams...

glenn.b

....and ask Bernie if he wouldn't mind picking me up some Ferric Chloride once he gets done grabbin my 12 of Sam Adams...

Zapp Brannigan

This is my AX84 P1 amp

jmwreck

a twin delay i've made for a friend

~arph

Very nice!

I do dislike tall enclosures like that though..

jmwreck

Quote from: ~arph on April 12, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
Very nice!

I do dislike tall enclosures like that though..

thanks!

me too, but unfortunately, I have not acquired the shorter enclosures.  It will look good on this I guess  ;D

sst4270

My first post and my first completed pedal. It sounds amazing, but of course I'm biased. I'm sure you can figure out what it is from the name.
I plan to float it around to some local players and get their opinion.
Thank to all here for your inspiration. Note: I built this on a Radio Shack IC project board. Pretty easy. I had a few bugs but they're all worked out. It's dead quiet. Switching is dead quiet as well.

I posted the photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32018625@N06/sets/72157623840179576/

There's also pictures of some of my amps there as well.

Thanks again,

Steve