Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a soBer Newt

tasos

Really now!
what is this? ???
i would love to see the comments! ;D

Thomeeque

Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

EATyourGuitar

I think someone needs to hit him over the head with that sm58 and record the sound it makes with a little EQ
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

Quackzed

.....out of the bass drum.....out of the bass drum.....
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

~arph

I have a video with some pictures of my latest build..

guts:

tasos

Your paintjob is sooooo awesome...but change the knobs and get rid of the black washer on the switch! ;)

~arph

Thanks,

Yes, the knob aren't the best, but being so close together I needed small easy to tweak knobs... the washer: I had a white one before  :icon_twisted: I need to get some metal ones.
I like to do swirl paintjobs for protoypes (thanks dragonfly). They are not really practical and definatly not everyones cup of tea.

I take it you didn't like the sound then  :P

tasos

Anyway!great job dude! ;)

EATyourGuitar

Arph, i dig it, can you dial in the pitch of the drone. Is it a ringmod or a 3 octave down + chorus thing?
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

~arph

Quote from: EATyourGuitar on June 16, 2011, 09:14:47 AM
Arph, i dig it, can you dial in the pitch of the drone. Is it a ringmod or a 3 octave down + chorus thing?

Not with that pedal, but with the next version you can. It's a modulated short delay 50/50 wet/dry with a feedback amount close to oscillation. The drone you hear is caused by the short delay time. On the next one the delay time is variable (up to a point) so the pitch of the drone not can be changed too. (if you go to my youtube channel there is a second video with this thing on the breadboard, it has the variable drone in there.)

On lower drone (feedback) settings this thing sounds a bit like a plate verb. On the lowest drone setting there is very little feedback and it is more like a vibrato.

Dr.maligno

latest builds update.

glops

This thing sounds great! Is that a PT chip or you got something else going on?

Excellent!

~arph

Yes, it's PT2399 based.

1x PT2399
1x LM324 (LFO)
1 2N5457 fet (output buffer)

It's a blend between the serwe pipes, noise ensemble, pitch pirate and magnus modulus.. That should give you some pointers  ;D

husc

My latest, a TMK fuzz, circuit by Tim Escobedo. The graphics were done by my friend and partner in crime illiqual.

I am very very happy about this build, we used it for hours in a studio session and ran all sorts of stuff through it, great control over the annihilation of the signal and a lot of sweet spots!

And a very loud (!!) youtube demo:

slacker

Active FX loop with tailz tm

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: ~arph on June 16, 2011, 11:04:24 AM
Yes, it's PT2399 based.

1x PT2399
1x LM324 (LFO)

It's a blend between the serwe pipes, noise ensemble, pitch pirate and magnus modulus.. That should give you some pointers  ;D

Please man post the PCB and layout, thanks look great!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol:

caress

Quote from: ~arph on June 16, 2011, 11:04:24 AM
Yes, it's PT2399 based.

1x PT2399
1x LM324 (LFO)

It's a blend between the serwe pipes, noise ensemble, pitch pirate and magnus modulus.. That should give you some pointers  ;D

sounds rad!

John Lyons

Sounds nice ! Has a lot of character.
If you get a chance, I'd love to hear what else it can do.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

snarblinge

Echobase with dub footswitch +toggle override, mod shape, clean kill and buffered and non buffered FX loops, delivered before I took gut shots :(, but will try to post some on my tumblr at some stage, dub madness may require tweaking it's a bit crazy at the moment. thanks to Taylor for the board (very nice) and Slacker for the assistance on the loop, seems to work well, but will find out more as the guy who has it gets to use it.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com