News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kato

Quote from: .Mike on March 08, 2012, 06:47:04 PM

Mike, that's god. Am I right in thinking you have a PNP booster and an NPN booster (colorsound) in the same box?  Did that cause power/grounding scheme headaches?

Had you built the effects separately for testing, or did you envision this as a complete whole from the start? 
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

.Mike

There's a Max-1044 circuit for the Rangemaster. The other boosters each have their own power filter, as if they were each in their own enclosure. Only the tone control is based on the Colorsound Overdriver... sort of. Colorsound values mixed w/ the opamp setup of the Xotic RC Booster.

I breadboarded each section individually until I sort of understood how they worked, drew up the board, and built it. Big mistake. I should have taken the time to squeeze them all onto the breadboard at the same time. It would have saved me a bunch of effort in patching in filtering to stop oscillation and ugly distortion.

It's still not perfect, but nothing ever is. :)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

greeny23

Pettol

Some new etches. Used photo-resist spray on these ones:

BSIAB2.

Big muff with mid control and gain mods.

Rangemaster based on GT308B.

deadastronaut

@pettol, nice clean etches,+ cool builds....photo resist spray?...could you elaborate more on that process?.uv?....cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

alparent

Quote from: Nikolay on March 06, 2012, 04:36:41 AM
Finally after 1 year of making, testing, playing and design, I finish my tube preamp Di box.

I upload more pictures at my website:
http://n-audio.net/tube-preamp-di-box

Niki

I'd like to suggest banning Nicolay from posting pictures on this site.
He is setting the standard much to high for the rest of us mortals!

Magnus

Hello together,
great, unique and awesome builds, I love to take a look here  :icon_cool:

@.Mike

Really a great idea with a very good enclosure-layout and a very nice design - hope you get it clean sounding!!!

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

Pettol

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 09, 2012, 11:22:06 AM
@pettol, nice clean etches,+ cool builds....photo resist spray?...could you elaborate more on that process?.uv?....cheers.

Thanks.

I use this positive UV-resist spray (don't know why they call is resist - that's what it's not):
http://www.banzaimusic.com/Positiv-20-200ml.html (didn't buy mine from banzai though).

I spray three layers since I noticed that the coverage is so-so. Then I place three aligned transparances of the inverted graphics on the box and put it in a light cabinet with a UV lamp (500W) for 15-30 min. Wash of the expsoed areas with 10% NaOH. Then etch with FeCl3.

Only problem is that I can't etch with NaOH, which is superior to the FeCl3 in my opinion.

ORK

It resists the etching liquid. Etch-resist.

deadastronaut

cheers pettol,  nice one!...comes out very clean... :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

tasos

I would love to see the guts! ;D

Güero

Quote from: tasos on March 10, 2012, 04:17:33 PM
I would love to see the guts! ;D

Something like this:

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

aion

All right - time to jump into the arena! Here's a Zen Drive clone I just finished today. I etched a Small Bear polished 1590B, which worked surprisingly well. You just have to be extra careful since the polished finish is not very forgiving if you make even the smallest of mistakes - the pitting will show up very clearly and there's no sanding it down if you need to start over (unless you are OK with losing the finish).

I did the layout myself. I was a bit worried about mounting the pots on the trace side of the board, since it's the first time I'd done that, but it turned out to be extremely sturdy. Bending the pins on the top side is very helpful when doing it this way. Just make sure the pots are covered somehow since they are pretty close to the traces. I used the pot covers that come on all of Tayda's pots (though you can also buy these covers from Smallbear now) but anything insulating would work as long as it stays in place.

guitarmageddon

Beautiful stuff one and all.
@aion, what kind of acid will eat the polished boxes? I tried the hydrochloric+hydrogenperoxide combo on one and it didn't even make a mark...

aion

Ferric chloride does the trick. The bonus with the polished boxes is that you don't have to sand the daylights out of them for them to accept an iron-on transfer. I usually will use acetone first just so it's as clean as possible, but other than that, no prep necessary.

greeny23

delayelayelayayay.

fretzburner

My version of Bogner Ecstacy

free image hosting

Leston Braun

Cornish G2 clone from Madbeans layout (darkside). Painted with pearl white base coat with tiny gold flake mixed into clear coat, but unfortunately the sparkle wont show in the pictures. It would be nice if jacks and the switch were golden too..

Control plate is etched and polished brass

And the gut shot: