News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquitone

@ stezza. yeah I made those layouts using coraldraw. I used the spacing of a perfboard and drawn all the components in the right size.
I can then move all the pieces around like a puzzle, and mark the holes on a perfboard which i use as a drill template.
I will finish my coffee first and draw you a clear project file.

@ slagathor7 nice vibe!

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Slagathor7

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 27, 2012, 04:50:01 AM
@slagathor...cool design,,,, but whats that yellow .....erm...... fuzzy @#$%er...(i think i just answered that) ;)

The Yellow fuzzy thing you see is the corner of my Honey Bee clone (the yellow shark from madbean)
Yeah it is a little cheesy. But it is a bit of a conversation piece when people see my gear.

I can warm my foot on it in the winter :D

If you want to see a picture of the pedal and the rest of the pedalboard you can go to this link on the gear page.
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1068674&page=19
Slagathor7

JohnForeman

I love this tube screamer!!!  do build instructions exist for it?

Quote from: Laika on April 06, 2012, 12:02:26 PM
A couple I recently finished off ... A Tube Screamer with lots of mods (birthday gift for my Bro :) )

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

kaycee

Build of the guitarpcb RTO, Robin Trower Overdrive.

Güero

Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Laika

Quote from: JohnForeman on April 27, 2012, 01:42:21 PM
I love this tube screamer!!!  do build instructions exist for it?

No build instructions but the mods are all well documented on the net.. most of them are covered on the beavis screamer page .. link

Al Heeley

Here's a delay pedal project at the request of a talented bass pal from the BassChat forum; This is Sonic Kitchen's Time Machine.
PCB from tonepad.com, circuit modified with send-return loop and an op-amp buffer.

Only the delay signal gets routed thru the send-return loop so you can apply quite a subtle effect or a deeply shocking one to the repeats while still getting the clean dry signal pushing through first.
Here the completed circuit routed through the buffer is bveing readied for testing before boxing up.

Here's the finished pedal guts shot, this is about as close as I can get to neat and tidy ;)

Enclosure graphics, finished pedal

Found a sexy little indicator LED to install from ebay which is pre-wired to pulse though blue/gree/purple/orange and guaranteed to partially blind direct eye contact in a dark pub gig.

darron

Quote from: Al Heeley on April 28, 2012, 11:33:09 AM
Here's a delay pedal project at the request of a talented bass pal from the BassChat forum; This is Sonic Kitchen's Time Machine.
PCB from tonepad.com, circuit modified with send-return loop and an op-amp buffer.

wire hookups look awesome! like..... sugar
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

skullservant

Newest build. Been in the works for a while. Felt like getting ridiculous. Looks like a standard Civil War spec muff on the outside:

But then you open it up and BAM. ORANGE DROP CAPS EVERYWHERE. Put a break out board in there so I could fit all the caps snugly. Perfect fit. A/B'd it to my original Civil War/Tall Font and this one sounds a little less nasal, but almost as good. Madbean Board!

Earthscum

^^^LMAO!!! I thought I was being ridiculous...^^^

I have never done stripboard, OR SMD... so I knocked them both out in one shot.
I said I'd make one, and I did: SMD ChipDrive OverDrive:

I don't know if it works yet. I'll test it out in the morning... my eyes hurt. I made a couple of pieces of "SMD Stripboard", .025" traces @ .050" pitch. Next SMD I'm going for something crazy... maybe a ringmod or something.  ::)
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum

Jdansti

Quote from: Earthscum on April 29, 2012, 02:43:59 AM
^^^LMAO!!! I thought I was being ridiculous...^^^

I have never done stripboard, OR SMD... so I knocked them both out in one shot.
I said I'd make one, and I did: SMD ChipDrive OverDrive:

I don't know if it works yet. I'll test it out in the morning... my eyes hurt. I made a couple of pieces of "SMD Stripboard", .025" traces @ .050" pitch. Next SMD I'm going for something crazy... maybe a ringmod or something.  ::)

Very nice!  I've been toying with using SMD. I've done some minor SMD repair such as replacing SMD LEDs, and I had to do it all under a magnifier. I've been thinking about getting some of these SMD prototype boards:
http://electroboards.com/proddetail.php?prod=SMDG15X15-EB

Each pad has two holes. After you solder the SMD component to one side of the pad, there is an exposed hole on the other end of the pad for a through hole component or jumper wire.  Looks like it would make DIY SMD easier.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

natthu

A couple of recent builds:

Breakout/patch Box wired for a very specific purpose in my rig. The Invader logo was made by drilling out the appropriate holes on a blank PCB to produce a stencil which I just spray painted.
I stuffed up the drilling on the left hand side a little, but overall I think it looks pretty cool...

This one's not really a build as such, but I wanted to try the home made light plate thing so I rehoused this (commercially available) pedal:

Here's a simple and small Strymon Favourite switch clone:

Al Heeley

Quote from: natthu on April 29, 2012, 04:26:35 AM
This one's not really a build as such, but I wanted to try the home made light plate thing so I rehoused this (commercially available) pedal:

nice work, how many led's did you put in the light plate?

natthu

Quote from: Al Heeley on April 29, 2012, 04:44:38 AM
nice work, how many led's did you put in the light plate?

Cheers  :)

Just the one LED, but those blue suckers are super bright! (I actually put a higher value resistor on the bezel LED as it was far too bright with just the minimum required)

I'm thinking of putting a light plate in the Invader pedal aswell. I've got one of the proper light plates you can buy from the shop here for that. It is unfortunately about 1mm thicker than my home made one, which means that the standard Hammond screws aren't long enough  :( I'm just waiting for some replacement screws to arrive...

kato

Wow, the Vortex Vibe looks genius in every respect.
And Skull-serv: the orange drop explosion made me L O L.

Here's my first build since finding this thread, my first build with the input on the right rather than the left, my first build with a negative center DC jack, my first build with a stomp switch, and coveted white washer.

Thanks to you all for inspiring me to dive into proper looking stompboxes. And thanks Madbean for sharing the karate chop.

(wiring is neater than it appears.)

(not really.)

If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

Al Heeley

Quote from: natthu on April 29, 2012, 07:06:34 AM
It is unfortunately about 1mm thicker than my home made one, which means that the standard Hammond screws aren't long enough..
I can just about get away with it by countersinking the holes on the back a little, gives you just that extra 1mm to get the thread to bite.

Volkmar

MXR DYNACOMP based

based on OKKO DOMINATOR
what's a shit?

Slagathor7

Quote from: Liquitone on April 27, 2012, 05:42:10 AM
@ stezza. yeah I made those layouts using coraldraw. I used the spacing of a perfboard and drawn all the components in the right size.
I can then move all the pieces around like a puzzle, and mark the holes on a perfboard which i use as a drill template.
I will finish my coffee first and draw you a clear project file.

@ slagathor7 nice vibe!

Thanks.
The turret construction makes for some sweet lookin' circuitry on your builds!
Slagathor7